InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Toa Yurikk v4, With a new torso!
Toa Yurikk
Posted: May 18 2011, 08:50 PM

Toa of destiny!

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

This is my self MOC Toa Yurikk v4!

I finally managed to get a new torso design to work! Get ready, its ingenious!

Heroic
Heroic (no swords)
Running into battle
Swords crossed
Caution
From the back. See, I used Bohrok head pieces.
Without armor
Without armor from the back

Anyway what do you think? It took me a long time to get this right and I think I succeeded. To me it looks infinitely better than v3.5.
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: May 19 2011, 01:36 AM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

Nice! I can see the difference between the old torso and the new one, but new problem, from the back, it's perfect, but from the front it still looks short, I think it has something with the torso being too wide when it get's near the waist. The legs still look great, and so do the arms. I think you need to fins something to replace the Hordika foot as a chestplate, other than that, it's perfect.
Toa Yurikk
Posted: May 19 2011, 03:39 AM

Toa of destiny!

Thanks. There was a few typos in there so I didn't quite understand, do you or do you not like the new torso design?
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: May 19 2011, 04:11 AM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

I like the new torso design, but I meant that the Hordika foot was making the torso seem too short, so I'm suggesting you find something else to replace it.
1996nick2
Posted: May 19 2011, 05:11 PM

Half Toa

Member No.: 172

I think that there's too much grey and silver. user posted image

This post has been edited by 1996nick2 on May 19 2011, 05:13 PM
Rimara Nui
Posted: May 19 2011, 09:07 PM

Lord of Sona Nui

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (1996nick2 @ May 19 2011, 05:11 PM)
I think that there's too much grey and silver. user posted image

Where you getting grey from? Apart from one peg keping a bohrok tooth in place I don't see a spot of grey.

Yurikk, I like the custom torso and legs, nice and inovative. But I feel that the upper arms and shoulders are a little bare, maybe a bit more armour. I also think the Onua claws are a little out of place.
Toa Yurikk
Posted: May 19 2011, 09:42 PM

Toa of destiny!

Thanks. I've been trying to think of new upper arms armor but have failed so far. Someday I'll think of something.

The Onua claws will never go, they are his signature armor and (Besides his color scheme and mask) are the most important part of his design.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 21 2011, 10:02 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I wish I took the time to look at this a month ago, the torso was one of the major things Id hoped you would change, and youve managed to streamline the design and dump the old titan body style without losing most of his key features.

As far as improvements go, I'd suggest:

*Looking for a way to fill the shoulder gap, its not that big of a problem buy maybe something can help.

*Trying to find either another better fitting armor peice for the front, or finding something that can cover up the upper torso that fits either with, or a little over the existing yellow foot peice.

Ill have a news link shortly.
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 03:32 PM

Toa of destiny!

Thanks. What doesn't fit about the Hordika foot though?
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 04:33 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Its not that it doesnt fit, Im thinking he might look better with some more yellow just above and to the sides of the piece.
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 04:54 PM

Toa of destiny!

I think I know what you mean, but I don't have enough pieces to make his arm attachments Keetongorange.
« Next Oldest | My Own Creations | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1216 seconds | Archive