InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Exo Toa Modifications help
Stormfin
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 07:51 AM

Matoran

Group: Members
Member No.: 139

Hello, everyone. I was wondering if I could ask for some help with deciphering PD's Exo-Gali modifications.

http://www.maskofdestiny.com/story/front/EXOGALI_9382.asp

What exactly, outside of the obvious restraint bar, am I supposed to modify? What eighteen pieces do I use to accommodate Gali's physique?

If I'm posting this in the wrong place, I apologize. If Purple Dave's something of a taboo to discuss, I apologize harder.

I asked BZP for help on this, but you know how they are when it comes to mentioning you guys. At all.

Just...any help would be nice, that's all.

This post has been edited by Stormfin on Apr 19 2011, 07:53 AM
Takal
Posted: Apr 24 2011, 10:43 AM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I've been looking over it, and I'm sorry to say I got no further than you did. I know it's not helpful, and I apologise.
Adrninistrator
  Posted: Apr 27 2011, 03:03 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Im looking into the design and I think besides the tension bar, he actualy moved the entire door foward one stud at the hinge point, accomadating the armor while the tenshion bar keeps her from flopping around. Im looking into some alternate sollutions with a spare exo I have.

Update: For my attempt I simply pulled apart the bars that hold the bohrok headplate and silver armor, then I took out the peg that keeps the plate from flopping around loosley. Useing a size two and size four pin, I moved the armor up one one space along the gray beams that hold the armor and form the door mechanism and then plugged the size 2 and 4 pins in. This seems to free up more space for the doors to close smoothly. To make up for the gap, I replaced the spacer inside the flat right angle parts holding the chestplate with one of those tri angled parts (seen in sets like von nebula holding his bohrok plates at angle for his hump) and attached something flat to that. This seems to work in place of the bar PD used, and there is still some wobble room, but once the figure is in and feet positioned on the footrests, there doesnt seem to be a problem with it. The pressure bar I may even be unnecesary here. The mod only uses four parts, two without the pressure bar. Pictures will be avalable later if needed.

Another update. I took out the tripple cog pressure bar I made, and replaced the pin holding the orange docking part in with a longer pin. Then I put a spacer and the tripple cog thing on that. Now as Gali sits on the doc, the tripple thingy plugs right into her back, eliminating all wobble and holding her in tight. Makes me wonder why TLC didnt do something similar in the first place.
Stormfin
Posted: May 22 2011, 05:16 PM

Matoran

Could...could you post pictures? Please?

Also, holy crap, I forgot about this for a month?
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 23 2011, 12:07 AM

Imatron

Stormfin
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 03:50 AM

Matoran

No offense, but I can barely tell what you did, outside of the triple-axis thing.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 02:18 PM

Imatron

If you understand how to do the tripple cog thingy then ignore my big block of tect in the last post and just look at this video, since the pressure bar is not needed if you have that built:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LCFmsE9j4s
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 08:29 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

You know, while you guys are at this, you might want to figure out how to make the legs more articulated, I don't own an Exo Toa, but it seems to be... stiff if you know what I mean.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 10:45 PM

Imatron

They are stiff, but I dont think Im going to go that far into modifying the existing exo toa, only enough to fit other characters in it. By the time you modify it to have flexible legs your taking it beyond the design of a toa olda fitting into it snugly, since the feet of the toa sit on top of flip out ledges that wont fit right with the legs moving around.
Stormfin
Posted: Jun 12 2011, 03:28 AM

Matoran

Ok, didn't have a spare triple cog, so I had to jury rig with a t-connector. Everything works out, and thank you so very much for helping out, sir.
« Next Oldest | Toys and Collectibles | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1077 seconds | Archive