InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hero Factory Design By Me & Pick A Brick Purchases
Adrninistrator
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 04:17 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

When they say pick a brick I hope I can fill up those cup things with the parts, since they mentioned building a hero in the store I hope its not a limit of four joined arms and etc. Im really hoping they have a bunch of those shorter sockets.
Matoro
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 02:43 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

I'm going to take advantage at this. If I could pick any type of piece with any type of color. I can just use those pieces for MOCing. But I seriously like the Hero Factory 3.0 helmets. Because some of them, looks like a birds beak!
Takal
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 04:40 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

Well, I've tried the Recon Team builder thing-

*looks around at the shocked readers*

-What!? I wanted to see what kind of parts you get!

Anyway, the colours are a bit... limited. Two of the three chest setups on offer don't fit (and the core just sticks out of them at a wierd angle) and the inclusion of minifig weapons and a claw hand had me completely at a loss as to their purpose or usefulness. The feet, spikes, shields and medium-sized armour plates come in a somewhat limited colour range... Purple has been removed etc...

But I was pleasantly surprised by the HF tools - the downsized Piraka weapons are better than a fair few BIONICLE tools, though I'm still not persuaded to buy 'em.

Still, 's not all bad.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 09:04 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I have returned for the LEGO store! The pick a brick was especialy phenominal, I was able to buy 184 shorter limbs for 15 dollars. The rest of the Hero Factory options were mostly armor and gear. I purchased 184 limbs for 15 dollars. They had some headgear things and the weapons in a gunmetalish color, some in standard silver. One hundred and eighty four. The HF pickabrick was more or less designed around the idea you would be buying a hero set to customize, so not alot was available. Ett hundra ┼ttio fyra! It was however a decent selection, and the armor available mostly reflected the current 2.0 team, including hero cores, small armor plates, за петнадесет долара, and chest plates. Sadly, they did not have the sheild parts in there, the super short limbs (or any other limbs for that matter), or even the hero torso part, which would have made it perfect for me. >_< I spent about a hundred bucks on the stuff.

Did I mention I bought 184 of the black limbs that make up the 2.0 heros' lower legs for fifteen dollars?
Takal
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 09:24 PM

Toa of Thunder

Calm down, Imatron. You'll get over it. Eventually. It's just HF... Not that I'm not running short on ball bearings, and HF limbs would (although it pains me to say it) be really useful 'round about now...
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 10:27 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

Easy way to get ball bearings, or whatever those tiny ball connectors are. Get. Witch. Doctor. From. Hero. Factory. Because. The. 300. Or. So. Parts. Are. Consisted. Of. A. Lot. Of. Ball. Bearings. PM ME WHEN IT GET'S RELEASED PLEASE!!!!
Takal
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 10:47 PM

Toa of Thunder

Uh, Solek... I neither like nor will ever buy a predesigned HF set, and it's also greatly unlikely that I'll buy a Recon... But that's different.
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 10:57 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

I wouldn't either, but as it is, I'm desperate for parts.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLE« And Site News | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0785 seconds | Archive