Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Warhammer Movie With BIONICLEŽ Easter Egg?
Adrninistrator
Posted: Feb 27 2011, 04:47 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News Link.

I wont spoil it for you, you just have to heed Mark's advice on what to look for, but it is unmistakable. I think Warhammer does coincidentaly have a very similar helmet design, but in this case it is clear a BIONICLE design was barrowed, either as an easter egg or because somebody improvised.
Iro the Dude
Posted: Feb 27 2011, 05:15 AM

Spirit of Iron

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Is it supposed to be the blue Hau-looking thing? I mean, I can see it, but it's about as close to the Hau as this thing's face.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Feb 27 2011, 06:00 AM

Imatron

I checked my warhammer dark crusade game, and they do have a similar style of helmet, but not the pronounced ridge. The lines and ridge just above the eyes on this particular image are almost a dead match for the hau mask. If not for that ridge, I'd dismiss it as coincidence.
Ria
Posted: Feb 27 2011, 10:07 AM

Lord of Sona Nui

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

This isn't an easter egg or an unintentional copy. The design of Space Marine power armour pre dates Bionicle by atleast 20 years. It has remained almost the same since Jes Godwin did the first desidns for the Space Marines when Games Workshop started to make Rogue Trader, the Game that birthed Warhammer 40000.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Feb 27 2011, 03:53 PM

Imatron

This isn't an easter egg or an unintentional copy. The design of Space Marine power armour pre dates Bionicle by atleast 20 years. It has remained almost the same since Jes Godwin did the first desidns for the Space Marines when Games Workshop started to make Rogue Trader, the Game that birthed Warhammer 40000.

I actually thought the same when I first looked at the video, and replied to the email saying its likley just a similar design since I remembered my warhammer game having that eerily similar helmet.

In that particular shot called out by Mark I could have sworn it was a hau, especialy after checking the games and not seeing that ridge design, and the movie makers having made some bionicle films, putting two and two together I thought it was a real easter egg.

After looking at the video again and watching the other troopers, the white armored ones in particular, I can see the ridge design present in them too, but from the side view it doesnt have the hau style lines. Its just that particular angle in those frames that looks similar, so you guys are right. Now I cant see why I made that mistake in the first place.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0631 seconds | Archive