InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Help Expand This Site, We need more people.
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 01:01 PM

Toa of Shadows

Group: Members
Member No.: 134

I'm going to start advertising this site at my school, so I think that it would be a good idea for everyone who is at a school or such help me with the honors by doing so themselves. Of course, the advertising is a poster with a lot of details of this site, rules and much more(haven't finnished it yet), I wonder what you all think about this.
Matoro
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 03:37 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

That is pretty good! smile.gif I think MoD needs some new traffic here. I wonder happened to the old traffic in the past. Did they disappear or something? sad.gif
Ria
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 04:13 PM

Lord of Sona Nui

Member No.: 7

You should really talk to Immy about this before taking any action. And any way, why would you want to put a poster up in school? It could have the effect that a) you draw unwanted attention to yourself for doing it cool.gif You could draw spammers, trolls and other internet malcontents here to cause trouble.

I'm not trying to poke holes in your scheme. MoD needs new members to survive, cause god knows I for one am not very active. But we need people whom we think will stay and actively help our community. The best way to do that is via word of mouth. It would be more effective in the long run to get one person intrested by talking to them than t get say ten people vaguely intrested but but not overly enthusiastice via a poster.

That is all, your regular programming will now resume.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 10:08 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Its really best the site is left to word of mouth, making a poster for school is a bit much in my opinion. I also would hate the idea of kids bullying you over it, or otherwise giving you attention you dont actually want from it.
EmperorWhenua
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 11:23 PM

Former Admin

Member No.: 6

To expand on the word-of-mouth thing, I suggest that instead of making the poster, you just tell the kids you know who like Lego, Bionicle and other stuff. That way, they can tell others they think will like it instead of just attracting the possums to our little midnight roost.

I would be highly critical of making a poster, and if you do do it, understand that you're doing it at your own risk. Mkay?

~EW~
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 11:47 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

QUOTE (Adrninistrator @ Feb 18 2011, 03:08 PM)
Its really best the site is left to word of mouth, making a poster for school is a bit much in my opinion. I also would hate the idea of kids bullying you over it, or otherwise giving you attention you dont actually want from it.

My school is pretty strict, and there are actually some people in the Hight School unit that actually admits to liking Lego's and/or Bionicle's. Also, as I mentioned, the rules will be put up, and I'm pretty sure that over excessive cursing will get someone kicked out. Oh, I can hold my own, I can get pretty angry, I rarely however, have short termed lost my sanity(Unlike many years ago).

This post has been edited by Solek-Toa of Shadows on Feb 18 2011, 11:49 PM
Takal
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 11:55 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

Looks like the others have summed up my thoughts...
But MoD has gained additional members from tTH3 recently (credits to Xinlo for letting me in...), so we're not doing all that badly. Kokua's back, too (which is a good thing for the 'Stories and Epics' forum.) Baby steps.
« Next Oldest | My BIONICLEŽ MultiMedia | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0780 seconds | Archive