zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to the Mask Of Destiny Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hero Factory 2.0 Discussion
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 02:14 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Im still working on getting all the pictures done, and hopefully if I cant make time for reviews, the pictures and comments will be good enough for you guys to go on.

So far Im am mostly liking Hero Factory 2.0 stuff. In this case I very much like what they've done with the socket and ball joints, those in particular feel like a very big evolution in the Bionicle and HF stuff in general. On the downside, a major complaint is that the armor is pretty specialized to the new system of snapping onto a ball joint. The armor's greatest drawback is that it lacks the old plus or peg holes, and instead uses two smaller holes to connect most armor add ons or details. It works well in itself, and its a good idea, but taking out those other connectors makes the armor hard to use for MOCing, and some of that new armor is pretty cool.

Part wise I especialy like Fire Lord and Drill Dozer out of the villains.

Nitro Blast has ok parts too, but 'dozer just has a better selection. At this time Ive only opened Stormer 2.0 of the heroes, but Ill have the others opened shortly if you have any questions on any of the 2.0 sets.
Iro the Dude
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 03:48 AM

Spirit of Iron

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

I've kept all of my second wave sets together, and don't intend to take 'em apart. Fire Lord is the official best set ever, no sarcasm or anything intended. Of the three smaller villains, Drilldozer is my favorite, surprisingly. That mask looks pretty fly, though not sure how much I like the double masks. Of the heroes, I only have Stormer 2.0, Nex 2.0, and Surge 2.0, so I'll wait to get the remaining three to pick a favorite. Probably'll be Stormer, though.
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 03:50 AM

Toa of destiny!

Member No.: 119

I have a question, does Furno's armor-less arm look weird? From the lego.com pictures I would say it does but I'd like to hear from someone who has the set.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 04:02 AM

Imatron

You like the Fire Lord the best as a built set Iro? Im actually suprised, though I admit he's grown on me a bit. It would take me a review in itself to name all my dislikings about the actual set, but I really like the included parts, the joints in particular.

Im also iffy on the doubled heads, on the plus side, more colors for each headpeice.

Im about to open up Furno now. If anything I wish each hero had some limbs in their native color, at the least the upper or lower arm so you could distinquish them apart better.
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 04:05 AM

Toa of destiny!

The part that I really don't like is that only two of them have two hands! The rest just have one... dry.gif
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 04:24 AM

Imatron

Id rather have one hand and one of their sheild parts than two hands and no sheild personaly.

Ive opened him up now, and the arm does look a little plain but its not bugging me much, especialy since the lack of armor gives the arm a great deal of articulation and doesn't get in the way of the shield itself. The armor on the other arm on the other arm looks particularly good, but it's range of movement is reduced significantly.
Iro the Dude
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 04:47 AM

Spirit of Iron

Fire Lord has its issues, no doubt, which I'll be sure to mention once I get onto a video review of it, but I think it's a great set for whatever reason. Maybe I've seen it bashed so much I feel sympathy for it. =P
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 04:54 AM

Imatron

One thing I forgot to mention, and Id not be suprised if it was overlooked by most buyers, the heroes have unique codes underneath the lids, much like that of the kanoka club cards. Also, one thing that bugs me is that the equipment is required to keep their caps things on, I sort of wish they had a standard peice matching their color that you could use in place of the headgear for casualwear.

It also looks like we may be able to design and buy heroes online in the Design By Me section.
Iro the Dude
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 04:58 AM

Spirit of Iron

I'd make a Jiménez 2.0, but given the first version's height and bulk, that might be a downgrade. =P

EDIT: Actually, I believe LDD already has some BIONICLE / TECHNIC / Hero Factory parts in the Lego Universe mode. Can't buy anything, unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Iro the Dude on Jan 8 2011, 05:01 AM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 05:39 AM

Imatron

Yea, I noticed that too. Its a shame, but I gues The LEGO Group relized most models people would be making to buy would be the largest size rods with a bunch of technic balls on them.

Well, pictures are all taken and transfered, I just need to fix them up and get them ready to upload.
Iro the Dude
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 02:45 AM

Spirit of Iron

Surprisingly, there aren't too many pictures of the Fire Lord bouncing around. Well, I figured I'd take a few and post them on various sites. Nothing HQ, but I do manage to show off some of the details of his build and such.

user posted image

[2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] | [8] | [9] | [A] | [B] | [C] | [Totally not the obligatory "I'm revamping the Fire Lord" picture. No, it's just to show the difference between pearl dark greys, silly. I built that completely custom torso just for that.] | [Gallery when existent]
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 03:20 AM

Toa of destiny!

Whoa, that guy is actually very cool looking!
Iro the Dude
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 09:46 PM

Spirit of Iron

2010:
Meltdown
Preston Stormer
Dunkan Bulk
Jimi Stringer

Winter 2011:
Stormer 2.0
Evo 2.0
Nex 2.0
Surge 2.0
Drilldozer
Jetbug
Nitroblast
The Fire Lord

A few quick pictures I took of some of the sets I have. Still need to get a few of the 2010 sets, but I figured I'd show these off a bit (and I was bored).

This post has been edited by Iro the Dude on Feb 12 2011, 01:19 AM
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 09:49 PM

Toa of destiny!

Those look very cool. The heroes are thiner than I thought they would be.
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 10:34 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

Drilldozer, Jetbug, and Nitroblast are villans Yurikk.
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 10:38 PM

Toa of destiny!

I know that, I'm commenting on the heroes. I never was commenting on the villains or calling them heroes.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jan 30 2011, 02:13 AM

Imatron

Thank goodness I finaly found the paint Shop Pro 7 disc, I should be able to crop potos in mass on my main computer again. Im really starting to hate how out of the way it is to get things to work on Microsoft operating systems when they mess around with such basic features of the operating sytems. I still cant beleive they took out my photo editing in an upgrade I paid 150 bucks for to make it into a social network oriented tool >_>

Thanks a bunch for posting the pictures Iro.
Iro the Dude
Posted: Jan 31 2011, 04:50 AM

Spirit of Iron

I'm hoping to get pics up for Evo 2.0 and a decent one of the Fire Lord this week. I'm sure I can get a couple of the 2010 sets to add to the gallery, too.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1249 seconds | Archive