Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Legend of Ignaqua, Bionicle film
ignaqua
Posted: Jan 1 2011, 01:29 PM

Matoran

Group: Members
Member No.: 142

Hello,

We have spend more than 3000 hours to achieve this movie,
which has received good reviews concerning stop-motion + 3d
integration, plus facial animation.

Here's the trailer

http://www.vimeo.com/18187010

The full film

http://www.vimeo.com/17983951

Enjoy !
Any comments are welcome

Kind regards
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jan 3 2011, 01:44 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Glad to see you can post now, looks like you were just stuck waiting for me to clear the registered member queue after all!

The animation looks interesting in the trailer, I hope to have time to watch the full movie soon. Ill have this linked to the front page for you shortly.

EDIT: It is now linked.
Xinlo
Posted: Jan 3 2011, 03:04 AM

Toa

Member No.: 108

Well, I watched up until the rahkshi attack the village, then the video streaming got really bad and I couldn't watch any more.

But man, this is awesome. The subtitles are distracting; it might be good to try and make an actual english version in the future? However, that was only a minor downside, and the story is really good so far. It's sort of better than the official bionicle movies. I don't understand though, when you filmed the opening, the camera work was perfect flying through the mountains. But when the camera pans through the village and the forest stone henge thing, it's all glitchy and choppy. Why is that?

The only thing that might have made this a bit better is making up entirely new people. You could've used new names and stuff to make it your own story, rather than have it conflict with the real storyline. Still, this is really good, and I must ask: how did you do the facial expressions?

~X

This post has been edited by Xinlo on Jan 3 2011, 03:06 AM
Takal
Posted: Jan 3 2011, 01:00 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I didn't notice glitchyness at the stonehenge, but then again, it was pretty lagged most of the way through. Well done on the facial expressions, and the backgounds and special effects were pretty amazing. (liked Kazi's eye in particular, as well as the moments of green lighnting.) Galva's eyes came out really well, though I'm not so sure about Maxilorb's ones. I'm not bothered by subtitles - I've watched quite a few foreign movies.

And for point of referance, I'm up to the ringwraith homage.

This post has been edited by Takal on Jan 3 2011, 01:01 PM
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Jan 4 2011, 05:02 AM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

Welcome, I didn't have time to watch it before, but I'll do it now.
ignaqua
Posted: Jan 4 2011, 07:28 AM

Matoran

QUOTE (Xinlo @ Jan 3 2011, 03:04 AM)
Well, I watched up until the rahkshi attack the village, then the video streaming got really bad and I couldn't watch any more.

But man, this is awesome. The subtitles are distracting; it might be good to try and make an actual english version in the future? However, that was only a minor downside, and the story is really good so far. It's sort of better than the official bionicle movies. I don't understand though, when you filmed the opening, the camera work was perfect flying through the mountains. But when the camera pans through the village and the forest stone henge thing, it's all glitchy and choppy. Why is that?

The only thing that might have made this a bit better is making up entirely new people. You could've used new names and stuff to make it your own story, rather than have it conflict with the real storyline. Still, this is really good, and I must ask: how did you do the facial expressions?

~X

We used 2 techniques for the facial expressions :
- manual 2d morphing on some frames captured
- Crazytalk, a good software which synchronizes lips facial expressions with voice.
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 12:03 AM

Toa of Shadows

I finnaly finished watching without it glitching, and I have been working on a movie project of my own, and windows movie maker is taking a painstakingly long time, can you give me the program to where you made your movie and link them here?

This post has been edited by Solek-Toa of Shadows on Jan 8 2011, 12:03 AM
ignaqua
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 05:36 PM

Matoran

QUOTE (Solek-Toa of Shadows @ Jan 8 2011, 12:03 AM)
I finnaly finished watching without it glitching, and I have been working on a movie project of my own, and windows movie maker is taking a painstakingly long time, can you give me the program to where you made your movie and link them here?

I used Magix video deluxe for film editing, along with other software for compositing/special effects.
I've posted a making-off video with the name of all software indicated :
Ignaqua making off
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Jan 8 2011, 05:40 PM

Toa of Shadows

Thanks! oh and did you do it with individual photos, or recording or just one picture?
Katuko
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:19 PM

Matoran

Member No.: 213

I loved the environments in this film. The voice acting sounded pretty nice, and the animation was very good for an amateur film. Some of the characters looked a bit strange, but apart from that this was a very enjoyable experience! smile.gif

EDIT: Wow, another half-year bump on me. This forum is really slow, isn't it?

This post has been edited by Katuko on Sep 26 2011, 08:20 PM
maxthethrax
Posted: Jan 2 2013, 10:49 AM

The master of the Bohrok Swarms

Member No.: 271

That film is awesome!
And i know that the language is French
« Next Oldest | My BIONICLEŽ MultiMedia | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1382 seconds | Archive