zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to the Mask Of Destiny Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

First look, Preston Stormer
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 26 2010, 01:43 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The review isnt complete but I figured you might like to have the pictures, you can see them here
Monasti
Posted: Jun 26 2010, 03:02 PM

Toa Nuva

Group: Mernbers
Member No.: 24

I actually like the sets better than Bionicle in recent years, from looking at the pictures.

The legs are one thing that makes me excited about them coming out here. The legs, with the armour, just bulks it up. It's what was missing with the stars, and I actually think that it's the best constraction set we've had in a few years.

The weapon arm, as you said in the article, is a bit of a disappointment, but It's still pretty cool. For a small set. We haven't had proper custom weapons like that in ages. They've all pretty much been the mahritoran swords and some other pieces.

The chest piece, as well. That's something the stars should have had. By far. It makes the sets look more humanoid, which is actually pretty cool. I just wish they were connected by more than a single cross-rod, but oh well. Still awesome.

I see that the feet join on differently, as well. Looks pretty cool. Makes them seem like they have proper ankles, with the leg armour as well (<3).

I like the way they've kept the Glatorian heads, instead of creating a whole new design. They worked well when the Glatorian came out, and they're my favorite head so far.

Can't wait for the review Immy!
Matoro
Posted: Jun 26 2010, 07:08 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

*Rubs eyes* What?! This is the set? No special triggers or gear functions? No small technic pieces? What is this? Duplo or something? Well, I gotta admit, the advertising industry really did well though. But seeing it in set form, ehhhh...What is going on here?
The only piece that I find ok, was the legs/1 arm. They look close to the Matoran '03 arms. Oh never mind, it isn't the same. sad.gif
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 12:02 AM

Imatron

Id say Monasti's thoughts are pretty close to
my own on the set. The chest plate really makes an impression, ant it is nice and solid which is a shame connsidering that the single plug makes it wobble, when a second point of atachment would have soled this.

The bulk on the set is good too, but the asymetry and skinny arm could have used some armor, or at least the part could have been white to match the weapon arm. The bulky arm kind of reminds me of the "ceramonial killamajig" from futurama.

Mataro, it is duplonicle, but I like this far better than most of the recent matoran/agori and star sets, they just seem to work. Of course im not without my dissapointments.
Monasti
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 06:04 PM

Toa Nuva

Group: Mernbers
Member No.: 24

I recently saw a size comparison to a Toa Mata and I'm impressed. These sets are about the same size, with the same amount of parts pretty much.

I'm suprised people are complaining about them, seing as they are much better than the Agori.

And they don't have little parts because they aren't needed. They're going for a younger target audience this time, and so far I think it's working.

And it's not Duplonicle, it's Duplero Duplactory ohmy.gif.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 11:34 PM

Imatron

I recently saw a size comparison to a Toa Mata and I'm impressed. These sets are about the same size, with the same amount of parts pretty much.

I was debating wether to point this out too, that these are like our beloved toa olda, except without a gear mechanism. When the toa first came out I beleive they were $7.99 (Or 6.99?) And with the bohrok an the Rahski they jumped a dollar in price. These are also $7.99, and I think they are like a reset, starting all over with the same basic concept in design except taking everything they've learned from BIONICLE to make this series even better from the start. Still, Ill miss those gear mechanisms.

I'm suprised people are complaining about them, seing as they are much better than the Agori.

I imagine most people are upset becasue they perceive BIONICLE was shut down soley to make room for Hero Factory, or becasue they are very attached to the BIONICLE story and wanted it to continue, and perhaps feel like Hero Factory is to blame.

The way I see it, Hero Factory is still BIONICLE, but with whole new characters, different properties, and a different name. Did not "Toa" mean "Hero" in the Bionicle universe? Are not the Toa and Heroes both mechanical beings? Does LEGO not have nine years of experience to put into the making Hero Factory, and a clean slate to make new characters not bound to the same limitations BIONICLE previously had, to actualy give us something new and improved instead of year after year of the same basic thing? And if we dont like it, can we not scrap them for parts to build BIONICLE MOCs out of them XP.

Thanks for bringing this stuff up, Ive added it to the final review.
Matoro
  Posted: Jun 28 2010, 04:22 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Yeah, I guess LEGO is doing a "reset". Aiming more towards a younger audience...but with a easy build???
Wait, Hold on! If this trend is going on, I hope this is a good trend. Have anyone noticed something with the bionicle sets?
At first, LEGO used to have lots and lots of gear moving Bionicle sets. Then over the years, they were moving towards just "flexible", "Duplo like" and less trigger action sets. *Ugh dumb Bionicle 2008+ stuff, they were going to far.*
What I'm guessing and hoping in a couple of years, LEGO might do a trend of moving from "flexible", "Duplo like" and less trigger action sets to lots and lots of gear moving Hero Factory Sets!
Maybe 9 years from now, we might get the old small non-Duplo pieces and gears back! I hope this would be a good thing. I just hope. But I don't have to worry about it right now. I'm not buying any LEGO sets so far (unless they bring back vikings), because I have college to focus in the next 4 years. But I hope LEGO will go back they way it supposed to be, like the best years of 1999-2001 (That what I believe were the best LEGO years).
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0981 seconds | Archive