Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Return of BIONICLE?
Ninja
Posted: Jul 2 2014, 02:51 PM

Toa

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

Hi, I found an interesting picture of something that might be the new BIONICLE sets. I'm quite skeptical about them, but if you look closely, you may notice a couple of Hero Factory parts there and the artwork at the top of the stand is drawn in the style similar to that from Invasion From Below sets.

Well, I know it's not fair to judge the sets from such small and blurred pictures, but I can't help thinking they look lackluster. The guy with the board looks kind of cool and well armored and the six-legged spider-creature has an interesting design but the rest is just ugly.

This post has been edited by Ninja on Jul 2 2014, 03:43 PM
Matoro
Posted: Jul 3 2014, 09:19 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

Yeah, it was leaked all over BZP and The Three Virtues Podcast a few days ago. Plus we all knew that it was coming. There is no surprise there.

I am just pretty exited about it, and I can't wait!
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 3 2014, 09:42 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

O_O You make it sound like its a sure thing, I wont get my hopes up just yet, but it looks promising if it is real. I was thinking they were done with it, because of all the previous legal issues and etc, using hero factory as a rebranding...

EDIT:News link

And of course now we have to get to our policies:

It is our policy to remove content like this when The LEGO® Company gives us specific instructions on what is or is not okay. Please note, they could request something unauthentic to be removed to prevent people from mistaking as an official product and getting people's hopes up, so it's potential removal should not be taken as authentication.

IF they ask us to remove this stuff I will have to, but for now feel free to talk about this possible come back.
Ninja
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 05:51 PM

Toa

It seems that the picture has been deleted... Thankfully, I had saved it on my Brickshelf gallery before it disappeared biggrin.gif

As I said before, I'm not entirely convinced by this and honestly, it doesn't matter to me if it's true or not. I'm not going to buy any of these sets anyway, as I already moved on from collecting LEGO sets.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 10:09 PM

Imatron

Too bad for my wallet, Im probably going to be buying them all if they do turn out to be the real thing. I hope if that's the case they made some significant changes. Those hands though, I wonder if that's a CG from a movie or if they can actually bend? Ive always wanted pose-able fingers and even have an idea in my head for the part that would allow for it.

Im actually trying to dig up some more parts to give one of my bigger mocs fingers like the XL mata nui, right now he's got static fingers posed out of those elbows with the axel hole in the middle.
ElevenGuy
Posted: Jul 6 2014, 03:08 AM

Matoran

Member No.: 80

I have a few reasons to believe this is legitimate. If so, I'm ecstatic about Bionicle's return.
Baxor
Posted: Jul 7 2014, 04:50 PM

Toa of Telepathy!

Member No.: 294

Silence from the Lego Group says more than anything. All that they did was discretely take away the photo. No comments. But it is still possible that it's fake, though I think TLG would acknowledge that if it was.

@Matoro’s last comment: Correction, You knew it was coming. You were interned to LEGO, and TLG plans their new themes a year to two years in advance. You would have hit that time scale on the dot. It’s Okay, though. We still think you’re awesome.

@Immy: My birthday was on July 3rd, and I got 100 Dollars. I was going to spend it on the Galaxy Squad Galactic Titan, but now I think I’ll wait until after ComicCon

@BZPower, if your listening: Never forget, you’ll never kill us. We are alive, no matter how you try to destroy us. BIONICLE might return, and if it does, We do. We are MOD, the greatest BIONICLE site ever.

This post has been edited by Baxor on Jul 7 2014, 06:18 PM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 7 2014, 11:23 PM

Imatron

I don't think it's fair to say BZPower is out to kill us. If anything they might view us as competition, and like any good business they are adapting to keep themselves strong in the market. That includes, as far as I last checked, specificly not allowing our site and other sites with forums to be linked to. Im told they would allow discussion of this site on bzpower if we removed our forums, but even as little as they are used right now without much new Bionicle content to get more traffic, it's enough for me to keep them open.

And thank you for your support Baxor, while I think your being a tad overzealous regarding our neighbors, I'm grateful to know the site is still appreciated.
Baxor
Posted: Jul 8 2014, 04:03 PM

Toa of Telepathy!

You're welcome, I love this forum(Not to mention the people on it) and wish I could be on it more than I am. I will be at some point, but not for a year or two. But about BZP, my violent reaction to them was due to a horrible experience I've had with them. For mentioning without a link, Mask of Destiny, B6(Black six, the forum top admin and 'big brother' type person who never smiles) threatened to delete my account from the system and all my posts if I mentioned it again.

Also, they even have a word block/filter which turns Mask of Destiny into 'Stupid Forum filled with idiots'. I'm not joking. If they had been more cordial to me about it, I might be prone to stay on their site, but I will never go there, now.

However, it is worth noting that being the top admin of a site means that you can't be friends with the forums members. You have to be the law. That's the price of a big forum. Also, though I wish it were a bit bigger, the small community feeling is something that I love about Mask of Destiny. That's something BZP will never have.

I don't intend to leave MOD anytime soon. One because, I love BIONICLE. Two, I love contributing my epics to MOD. It will take a lot to get me to leave here.

Because it's awesome.

This post has been edited by Baxor on Jul 8 2014, 04:13 PM
maxthethrax
Posted: Jul 12 2014, 10:25 AM

The master of the Bohrok Swarms

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (Baxor @ Jul 8 2014, 04:03 PM)
You're welcome, I love this forum(Not to mention the people on it) and wish I could be on it more than I am. I will be at some point, but not for a year or two. But about BZP, my violent reaction to them was due to a horrible experience I've had with them. For mentioning without a link, Mask of Destiny, B6(Black six, the forum top admin and 'big brother' type person who never smiles) threatened to delete my account from the system and all my posts if I mentioned it again.

Also, they even have a word block/filter which turns Mask of Destiny into 'Stupid Forum filled with idiots'. I'm not joking. If they had been more cordial to me about it, I might be prone to stay on their site, but I will never go there, now.

However, it is worth noting that being the top admin of a site means that you can't be friends with the forums members. You have to be the law. That's the price of a big forum. Also, though I wish it were a bit bigger, the small community feeling is something that I love about Mask of Destiny. That's something BZP will never have.

I don't intend to leave MOD anytime soon. One because, I love BIONICLE. Two, I love contributing my epics to MOD. It will take a lot to get me to leave here.

Because it's awesome.

BZPower hates every forum which has many people.Dont think its fatal.But soon a ''war'' can come out between us and BZP because we are good comunity.Not like BZP.

I think i will never leave MOD.This is one of my favourite forums.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 12 2014, 12:24 PM

Imatron

Theres not going to be any "war" here. Its been in their rules for years that you cant mention our site as well as link to it. They don't let you mention any site with forums period, its how they work, and they have every right to choose to work that way. Your lucky they had the courtesy to give you a warning.

If our name filters to "A stupid forum filled with idiots" there, all I can say is I hope they will have the courtesy to change it to something a little more respectful like "restricted forum, do not discuss".

Id rather not get into discussing BZPower, lets just get back to discussing the topic at hand and enjoy ourselves instead of focusing on bad memories.
Baxor
Posted: Jul 12 2014, 09:40 PM

Toa of Telepathy!

Okay Immy, I got this one. Folks, you better keep that money in your wallet for a little while longer, cause' if BIONICLE comes back you're gonna need the money!

There was my salesman montage. Now, seriously though. we'll all need the money. I also hope that they go back to comic books. I've got a collection, and I hope to continue it. Tsk, tsk, Monasti should have waited to sell all his BIONICLEs. I doubt I'll sell mine anyway.

Now, a question. What would you like to see come out of BIONICLE if it returns? I want to see the parts become stronger. Perhaps like the Hero Factory parts, but with a BIONICLE twist. The 08' and 09' BIONICLEs were way too prone to popping joints. Got a slogan coming up, so here goes.................

Use POOP to keep away the pop.

POOP by the way is a LEGO slang acronym for Pieces(that could or should be made) Of Other Pieces.

This post has been edited by Baxor on Jul 12 2014, 09:47 PM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 13 2014, 12:22 AM

Imatron

(Thanks and sorry if I sounded pushy/aggressive earlier, saw this just before work and didn't have much time to proof read, but was worried things could get out of hand and wanted to post something)

Im thinking I like the bone system hero factory is using, just not the armor that goes over it. If they had something that was more detailed and slimlined, that would be great, and a similar bone system that got rid of the middle ball joints for complex building. I'd like more parts compatible with the old technic plugs, and torsos with three or four parts instead of unibody. Id love to see things like the chi orb armor on them (as elemental cores), but designed to launch them (or DO they launch?)

And of course new masks or helmets in a few colors, with some collectability aspect, but not necessarily multi color box packs, just to name things off the top of my head. (OOH, ooh! Transparent bone parts that match the elemental power of the toa! Press the elemental core in and a button under the armor flashes, illuminating the trans parts!)
Baxor
Posted: Jul 13 2014, 12:36 AM

Toa of Telepathy!

I get you totally Immy. It's fine, I took no offense, and the topic was going in the wrong direction(My fault, I apologize, sincerely).

Now, as far as the neon joints, absolutely. Right now in The MoC Workshop, I've got a topic which is a request for two characters (both of whom require neon parts) to try to be built. That would help me so much. Also, perhaps heads which can universally fit all masks, sort of like the 2006-8 heads which could also take the pre-2004 masks.
Takal
Posted: Jul 15 2014, 09:43 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I'd seen the images a while ago and while I'm not prepared to get onboard with the hype (I'm still not completely convinced it's the real deal). A translated leaked products list that turned up in a skype chat I participate in seems to confirm this but I wasn't given a source for the information, only its translation so I won't link it here as it's not viable evidence in its current state.

I'm interested to see what becomes of it but with HF still on the field I'm concerned that the lines will be similar - and thus unappealing and financially not viable for lego. I suppose this is a chance to demonstrate their differences. We'll have to see if/when it happens.
toaofcheese
Posted: Jul 18 2014, 01:17 AM

The Only and Original

Member No.: 25

Two words: scaled down.
Takal
Posted: Jul 21 2014, 06:34 PM

Toa of Thunder

I'd expect so, at the very least for several years until it gets a sizeable footing (making the assumption that it does) and has the breathing room to be riskier.
Ninja
Posted: Jul 24 2014, 07:43 PM

Toa

QUOTE (Baxor @ Jul 12 2014, 09:40 PM)
Folks, you better keep that money in your wallet for a little while longer, cause' if BIONICLE comes back you're gonna need the money!

Frankly, I have better things to spend my money on.

QUOTE (Takal @ Jul 15 2014, 09:43 PM)
I'm interested to see what becomes of it but with HF still on the field I'm concerned that the lines will be similar - and thus unappealing and financially not viable for lego. I suppose this is a chance to demonstrate their differences. We'll have to see if/when it happens.

Perhaps BIONICLE will be more tribal/magical in contrast to purely sci-fi Hero Factory? Also, don't forget that HF has switched to minifig scale lately.

Anyway, Groovebricks posted the list of possible 2015 set names. "Copac", "Leva" and "Land" (instead of Earth) are just mistranslations, obviously, but what is interesting is that Lewa's Element seems to have been changed to Jungle and Gali is probably going to be male, considering she's called the "Master of Water". The latter is particularly disappointing - even HF heroes had a girl in their team, so I don't understand LEGO's urge to change the sex of a previously established character, especially such an iconic one. dry.gif

As for the transparent pieces, although they're nice to certain extent (Trans. orange and blue sockets in Jaller and Matoro are one of these few things I like about the Inika), overuse of them might make the sets look gimmicky and unrealistic. Also, I can't think of any transparent colors that could work on the Toa of Earth or Stone. Perhaps transparent smoke brown, the color often used for LEGO canopies?
Capt. Ranaki Pakewa
Posted: Jul 25 2014, 04:14 AM

Matoran

Member No.: 336

I'm new here, but I thought I would put my thoughts on this topic here. I found out about Bionicle's return through the wonderful The Three Virtues Podcast. I first saw their video about this picture, and then I saw their video about a set list that was leaked on a site called exoforce.ru. I cannot find the original Russian, but I do have a cleaned up set list that was simply translated in Google Translate. The (translated) set list is as follows:

LEGO Bionicle 70778 Defender Jungle
LEGO Bionicle 70779 Defender Stones
LEGO Bionicle 70780 Defender Water
LEGO Bionicle 70781 Defender Land
LEGO Bionicle 70782 Defender Ice
LEGO Bionicle 70783 Defender Fire
LEGO Bionicle 70784 Lewa Master Jungle
LEGO Bionicle 70785 Pohatu Master Stones
LEGO Bionicle 70786 Gali Master Water
LEGO Bionicle 70787 Tahu Master Fire
LEGO Bionicle 70788 Kopaka Master Ice
LEGO Bionicle 70789 Onua Master Land
LEGO Bionicle 70790 Lord of Skull Spiders

I don't trust Google Translate enough to take it's translations as unbroken, so I did a little research into some of the key words.In my search for reliable translations, I found a website for direct Maori to Russian translations (crazy, I know). I took мастер, which directly translates to Master in English, and translated it into Maori to get ruanuku. Ruanuku translates from Maori to English as wise, old, sage. This could be describing a Turaga. The Toa Nuva names being labeled as masters bring me to my first conclusion; the Toa Nuva turn into turaga. This explains the small sets. Then I translated Toa from Maori into Russian, and one of the words it gave me was защи́тник, the same word that was translated to Defender in Google. This gives me evidence enough to say that the “Defenders” are Toa. I believe these Defenders are a new toa team. I base the “new” toa team idea on the evidence of there being a Toa of Jungle. None of the previous main teams (Hagah, Metru, Nuva, and Mahri) had a Jungle Toa. The presence of the two jungle tribe members (Lewa and the Defender/Toa) supports my idea of Bionicle coming back as a continuation. Lewa being a Turaga of the Jungle would support a setting taking place on Spherus Magna after the Matoran Universe evacuation.
"the last chronicler" over at Eurobricks did their own research and came to a different result. Their findings are found in this post.
I do have a new idea that is a possibility as well. The descriptions that "the last chronicler" gave for the Toa Mata sound like they are resembling the 2001 sets, but the leaked set names sound like Spherus Magna regions. On top of this, the leaker did mention that the big white guy (whom "the last chronicler" says is Kopaka) has gold coloring on him. Could it be possible for all the Toa Mata to have later been "de-Nuvaed" and given golden armor? This seems the most far-fetched, but who knows what LEGO has in store for us.
Speaking of what they have in store for us, this picture shows the Lego display cases at San Diego Comic Con. Notice how five of them have already existing themes, but one is blank? This would be the perfect way to build suspense for the Lego revealings on Sunday, the 27th. Some have vocalized opinions that it could be the new minifig-scaled Minecraft sets that have been hinted to, but I have higher hopes. There also is the chance that Lego could wait until New York Comic Con in October, but the perfect time to announce an early 2015 release of Bionicle would be now, before to many leaks are released, seeing as how August is leaking prime-time. A summer release would also be conceivable, for nostalgia's sake, especially if this thing is a reboot of 2001. It would also be almost exactly 5 years since Lego announced Bionicle's end.
I think I have rambled on long enough (long enough for a college paper? tongue.gif ), and it is past midnight, so I shall leave with one last statement. I sincerely believe Bionicle is coming back in 2015. I don't know how, or when, but I do know that I will keep an eye open for any new developments. I have stayed loyal for almost 5 years since it's end, so even if Bionicle 2015 is a hoax, I will still embrace what we do have. Now that the cheesy and obligatory sentimental/thought provoking ending is out of the way, Peace Out! cool.gif

(That was a dang long first post. tongue.gif )
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 25 2014, 05:47 AM

Imatron

Thank you for the well thought out theory and translation work. I was wondering when the next chapter would take place if it was true, where the fourth movie left off or where Greg left off (after the planets are merged again).

Im starting to lean towards after the planets are merged, seems like the right point and way to bring the series back, with a new toa team but keeping the old ones as turaga on essentially a new world.

It could be the defenders are enemies, or opponents, and the old toa might still be the same classic toa, weve only seen one thing that resembles an enemy, so the defenders might be guardians of some sort of relic or place, or even a source of the elemental energy itself needed to become a toa?
Capt. Ranaki Pakewa
Posted: Jul 25 2014, 05:59 AM

Matoran

Member No.: 336

Come to think of it, Lego might use some of the story that they never got around to using. They only used 4 of the original 7 story arches; Mata Nui, Metru Nui, Mask of Life, and Bara Magna. What if they salvage what they can from that for the next chapter of Bionicle?
Ninja
Posted: Jul 25 2014, 10:08 PM

Toa

A better picture of the display. I find these sets extremely ugly and poorly designed (and it's not because they're made of Hero Factory parts - honestly, most of the HF sets are better than that), but my opinion doesn't matter anyway, as I'm not in the age range anymore.

@Capt. Ranaki Pakewa: I doubt that the Toa Mata will turn into Turaga - one of the medium-sized sets is clearly mimicking Tahu's famous lava-surfing pose. Also, I don't think it's going to be a sequel, because the main reason why BIONICLE was canceled in the first place was that the plot was getting overly convoluted.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jul 25 2014, 11:48 PM

Imatron

I think I see whats going on here, thanks to that last color image.

If you look at the bottom row, each guy seems to have a gold colored piece, at least one of them looks like a mask to me. Looks like each toa has a gold colored mask that is hidden in a corresponding guardians' package. So in other words, buy Kopaka, then buy kopaka's nemesis to get his gold mask. Might just be armor like the gold tahu promotion from stars. Look at each set on the bottom and try to match the gold piece to the face on another.

Also look at the presumable toa image up top, he appears to be a movie edition character, or perhaps part of a corresponding tv mini series like Hero Factory has.
Baxor
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 09:49 PM

Toa of Telepathy!

I dunno'. Despite being made from HF parts, though they still look iconically BIONICLE. The only thing to worry about now is the story...
Ninja
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 10:27 PM

Toa

I just noticed that Tahu has some sort of red printing on his chest. Maybe the designers decided to put some sort of Matoran runes on some of the pieces to give the sets more BIONICLE feel?
Monasti
Posted: Jul 31 2014, 11:26 PM

Toa Nuva

Group: Mernbers
Member No.: 24

I'm fully believing in Bionicle coming back now, all the evidence points to it. I think xD

I'm just worried it's going to be disappointing and will ruin my childhood xD
Takal
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 01:49 AM

Toa of Thunder

From what I can see of Tahu in the preliminary images he looks to be using a generic HF frame, if slightly lankier, so take that as you will, Monasti.

I'm a little disappointed they're using the same system but HF 1.0 hardly used a groundbreaking design style so we'll see where it goes, and if we get something a little more detailed and less cubic. Ideally with the non-standard designs of the Barraki but that's a little optimistic as of now.

And good to see you back.
Monasti
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 09:41 AM

Toa Nuva

Group: Mernbers
Member No.: 24

I take that badly. I don't want Bionicle to come back. Take it away!

And yeah, the Barraki are a good example of where I want the sets to go too smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif Good to be back, if only for a little bit
Raphael
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 05:23 PM

Toa

Member No.: 200

I realy don't want it to come back. It'll be all bad. it alaways goes bad when you don't know where to stop.
Takal
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 05:53 PM

Toa of Thunder

Very good point and certainly my feelings on the last few years setwise (and unnecessary plot twist wise) but this isn't a direct continuation, it's a new start with four years break. I'm not saying it won't turn out as you imagine but there's greater opening for a fresh start in terms of design.

...And then they used the HF template...
« Next Oldest | Toys and Collectibles | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2055 seconds | Archive