zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to the Mask Of Destiny Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

First Look At New Hero Factory® Figures
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 18 2013, 06:39 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

I think I saw somewhere that they "came from below" as a tagline similar to the Brain Attack and Jail Break series.

I cant help but think the set design team must have been inspired by Pacific Rim.
Matoro
Posted: Nov 18 2013, 11:23 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Ha ha! Old news to me! I found this out 9 months ago! tee-hee! biggrin.gif Although, I've noticed the minifigs looks better than the 'ones' I saw before.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 19 2013, 03:53 AM

Imatron

Heheh, figured you did. I bet your smiling at everyone guessing what the major mini figure change is. My bets on ball joint arms and maybe more detailed body molds to look like armor and etc instead of just printing it on. Anything else seems too big to change on something as iconic.
Ninja
Posted: Nov 23 2013, 10:03 PM

Toa

Member No.: 298

You can view the high quality pictures of the sets in this gallery.

Meh, I'm not a fan of such a drastic change of scale... But I must admit that the minifigures of the Heroes are cute and the sets are quite well designed - I'm not sure about stability of the Evo Walker's construction, though.

This post has been edited by Ninja on Nov 23 2013, 10:26 PM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 24 2013, 05:37 PM

Imatron

Thanks for the link Ninja. Darn, I was hoping the walker was a big multiped tank or something, that's just disappointing. They could at least give it proper feet. Maybe it's a preliminary stand in?
Ninja
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 02:17 PM

Toa

Member No.: 298

The pictures are finalized renders. tongue.gif

Yeah, Evo Walker is probably the worst set of this wave, but it's still nice as a cheap way to get the Evo minifigure, as well as the cockpit and the seat piece.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 03:11 PM

Imatron

I wish it had one of the capture pods to round out the walker so you could get that cheaply too. The pods on the back have mechanical arms printed (or stickered?) on, I wonder if they are supposed to double as Hero refitting pods in a later play set. I wonder if this is a one off or a transition to including them. I can definatley imagine some interesting system sets, I just hope they don't wind up like most of the Bionicle ones were. I liked a few of them but did all the piraka buildings really have to have so many doors leading to nothing?
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0688 seconds | Archive