InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Did Hero Factory® Inspire These Transformers Toys?
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 3 2013, 04:24 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

Anyone else tempted to buy one of these? Lets hope The LEGO Company takes "inspiration" from Hasbro with the next line of hero factory XP
Monasti
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 10:38 PM

Toa Nuva

Group: Mernbers
Member No.: 24

I think the answer to your question is "yes" xD.

They're such blatant copies, I'm honestly surprised they've got away with it with copyright laws.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 8 2013, 03:22 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The more I look at them the more I can see that they aren't a blatant rip off. I have for instance noticed that mainstream transformers toys have been using the ball socket design for a while now, with arms designed to pop out and be reattached instead of breaking when separating from the body.

Ive seen a number of younger kids who have created hybrids of a sort by attaching bumblebee's arms to a soundwaves body or something. While they don't transform per se, the kids are still having fun with it. I think the constructable series is based on research from that aspect of the children playing with them.

Of course, its hard to think they didn't look at other buildable action figures like Hero factory when doing their research, but the skeleton looks more or less a hybrid of their existing ball joints and a Hero Factory body rather than just ripping HF off and making Transformers themed armor.
Matoro
Posted: Nov 8 2013, 05:52 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

They're ok. Kind of reminded me of Generation 1 Hero Factory sets if that makes sense. Hasbro would win me, if they had gear functions like back in the prime years of Bionicle 2001-2005.

Hasbro is a pretty good toy company. But the only problem is that they don't know how to move onto different themes. They always revamp the old ones over (from like 30 to 40 years ago) and over.

This is why I like LEGO, they try to change the themes a bit every year so it never gets old. Some fail, while others succeed. I don't know about you guys, but I like change. If it is something that I don't like at first, I try to force myself in a mindset why I should try to like them.
Like for example: The YouTube update, everyone seems to be complaining about them. The change is pretty good, it could be used a little tweaking for a bit user-friendly (especially on mobile), but overall it is a good experience.
Spiderstorm
Posted: Nov 10 2013, 09:50 PM

Daliaxyra

Group: Members
Member No.: 292

It DOES quite resemble the latest HF characters. But I wouldn't have gone so far as to say they were copying HF if I hadn't heard someone else say it.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLE® News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0693 seconds | Archive