InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Comic Review; Journeys End Part 1 & 2
VBBN
Posted: Mar 7 2010, 08:37 PM

Matoran

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

These may be the last two Bionicle comics or not, but they are some of the best I have seen over the years. For ease I will refer to Journeys end 1 and 2 as JE1 and JE2.

Covers
user posted image
JE1 has an awesome scene of Mata nui and Makuta duking it out, and JE2 has the Iconic toa stance with the Bionicle Stars, though the rahkashi is a bit hard to see way in the back.

Opening Credits
user posted image

Artwork
user posted image
THe two massive robots have really caused for some stunning artwork..

Middles
user posted image

Ending Note
user posted image
A nice note in JE2 by Greg

Backs
user posted image

Overall these are some truley great comics, and be sure to get yourself a Lego Club subscription if you havent already, you truley must get JE2(and look for JE1 on ebay if you can)
Matoro
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 03:40 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

I have the 2 comics and I thought it was total *cough-bull-cough-poop-cough* Eh, it was ok. The art work is fine, but the story is just so....well yeah.
Avak
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 07:18 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I like how all of the characters we've come to know have been made obsolete by a chunk of flying rock. If Bionicle had to end, at least end it well. Surely the Toa Nuva, Hagah, Metru, Mahrii and all of the others didn't spend an eternity fighting evil just so some overzealous lump of space-junk could take all of their credit. Why do all of the rahkshii look as if they're just sets that fell over, instead of having limp arms and the like? If Tahu said that he'd go to any lengths to get the golden armour, why didn't he just set Nektann on fire, grab the armour then put him out again? Why is Kiina a main character, when all of the Toa Nuva are emitted (save Tahu)? There's barely a mention of any non-Kiina character other than the Stars, and every single Skrall is identical. No Strontius-types mixed in or anything like that.
I could go on for hours. I think 2010 has been more of a joke than a heroic send-off.

This post has been edited by Avak on Mar 9 2010, 07:19 PM
Toa Yurikk
Posted: Nov 14 2010, 11:19 PM

Toa of destiny!

Member No.: 119

I'm really sad my LEGO club subscription ended. I missed this comic. (I resubscribed though)

What is that thing on the back cover of JE2 though?
« Next Oldest | Member Review Database | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0693 seconds | Archive