Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

LDD
Takal
Posted: Sep 16 2013, 02:10 AM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I've been working on my larger projects on LDD, but progress is slow. Doesn't help that I keep deleting sections and going back over them to try and get them right. In any case, I wanted something to share in the meantime, so I've brought you two little side projects-

^Here, Takal uses "little" in the loosest sense of the word^

-so I don't feel like I've abandoned you while I'm working on the big ones.

First up: Ruby's scythe, Crescent Rose, from Roosterteeth's RWBY. It's an about... seven and a half feet long scythe/sniper rifle hybrid, in the show, and if it were built physically, it would be near-to-scale.

Crescent Rose is capable of collapsing down into a more compact purely sniper rifle form or an easy-carry mode in the show, though unfortunately the LDD model has difficulties in several respect, primarily the rifle section's inability to collapse down and the scythe blades, point and arm extension all competing for the same space when the arms fold down. I've made as many parts functional as possible, however, and have deleted sections to collapse it down from scythe/rifle to sniper rifle to compact carry form.

(And here's all three modes together)

Next up is - you guessed it! - a Martian Fighting Machine from Jeff Wayne's musical version of The War of the Worlds.

If you've never seen or heard of it before, I recommend you do. It's a great album and shouldn't be missed. moving on, though...

Here's a scale shot with an unrelated minifig.
And again, without the minifig, from the other side.
And, finally, versus an artillery emplacement from the era the book and musical version are set in.

I look forward to your feedback. Takal out.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Sep 17 2013, 05:00 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well that's much better than my sniper-scythe O_O, that thing is phenomenal.

Darn, rooster teeth had the same idea as me. Didn't know they were doing animated cartoons now and not just cg stuff. The wotw MOC is good too, but I have to keep staring at the snyther rifle.
Matoro
Posted: Sep 18 2013, 01:39 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Can the Sniper Scythe Rifle actually fold up like that? But cool, that is an exact representation! smile.gif

Takal
Posted: Sep 18 2013, 06:09 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

The rifle grip, the shoulderpad of the stock, the four scythe arms directly attached to the rifle just behind the muzzle break and several other components fold down, but telescopic parts like the shaft of the scythe, the barrel of the rifle and the scythe blades don't, 'cause at full scale certain parts would have to fold into each other, and sliding telescopic bits don't work without taking the whole thing apart in LDD anyway. I could do it if I scaled it up to twice the size, I'd think.

They're just doing the one, Immy. There's a couple of other designs from it I'd like to do, but I don't think they'd work so well at that scale.
« Next Oldest | My Own Creations | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0625 seconds | Archive