InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Retro News: June 11-20 2002
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 25 2013, 01:44 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

I never could make myself modify the official sets, even to improve upon them, like Dave often did. I also wonder if the MOCs of the time were made to match the style of the BIONICLE sets, and when exactly the building style among MOCers started to take drastic turns to be visually impressive despite the part limitation...which was sometime before the Rahkshi started to show up. Im sure there were always some impressive MOCs here and there, but when exactly did it become commonplace? When the Toa Nuva came around most of my MOCs were still just variants of the olda/nuva body, and nothing special.
Matoro
Posted: Jun 25 2013, 06:46 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Despite the limited pieces we had back then, you can still make a couple of interesting creations with one bionicle sett compared to today's Hero Factory sets. Like back in 2003, I built a hover motorcycle inspired by star wars speeders with one Rakshi set. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of it, because my old Nash1992 account got reseted after the new LEGO Club pages got revamped. How was I supposed to know LEGO will eventually delete your LEGO creations off of their site soon?

But anyway, these are really such inspiring creations. Most are just based on generic friendly animals. Not some uber-cool looking saber neon Dragon and crud like that.

As for Dave's note card to Greg was pretty cool. The picture was from that bionicle blaster LEGO LAND ride in California. Did anyone go on that ride back then? Unfortunately I was a bit early going to LEGO LAND in 2001. But it would be so cool to get a picture in front of task sized Toa Nuva status.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0430 seconds | Archive