InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Retro News: June 1-10 2002
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 16 2013, 02:46 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

I remember the Mata Nui font, at one point in time I had it on my computer and used it pretty regularly. After playing the Mata Nui Online Game 2 and trying to decode the longer readable items, I had noticed the resemblance to regular letters in most and associated the few odd ones to the corresponding letters well enough to read it without a decoder present.

At one point in time I even got complaints from fellow mata nui font owners to turn it off in my settings when using MSN messenger, I didn't realize that since they had the font installed as well that they had to grab a translator to read anything I said XD
Takal
Posted: Jun 16 2013, 09:32 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I've been able to read bionicle font as if it were normal text since '04. Maybe I should download it at some point. I can see it being handy.

Would it be possible to add it to the list of BBC fonts on the site? Does it fit the format? Makes sense that a Bionicle board be equipped to use the fandom's "language."
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 03:32 AM

Imatron

That is a very good idea, let me see if it can be used as a font preference for users to select to view the site with.

Edit: hmmm... it seems to be possible, but not quite the way I expected. It looks like I can add the name of the font into the coding and then users will see it if it's installed on their machine. Its not a matter of uploading the font to the board but telling the board to use a resource on your computer if it's available.

Ill keep looking but if nothing else works maybe I can make an alternate skin option which makes use of the font so it can be turned off without uninstalling it.
Matoro
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 06:11 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

I still am trying to figure out how I can install the matoran font on my android devices, just incase if it gets stolen when the lockscreen isn't on.

As for reading the Bionicle alphabet, it takes me some time to read it without grabbing a translator, but I pretty much know all of the letters of the alphabet. I was a crazy Bionicle fan back then, that a lot of it retained since I was a kid.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 18 2013, 12:03 AM

Imatron

Great minds think alike XP

I was trying to figure out if that was possible too. I'll let you know if I figure out a way, Though I don't think it will help if it gets stolen, someone can still put into download mode and reformat the device that way to gain the use of it and resell it.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0669 seconds | Archive