Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Legends of Chima Factory
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 28 2013, 09:37 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

If anything, they have some good MOCing parts here and there, Razar even has some purple parts.
Toa of Energy
Posted: May 29 2013, 02:32 AM

Matoran

Group: Members
Member No.: 309

Would you look at that. Lego Thundercats now have character building sets! I kid... mostly. Although I don't like Chima or Hero Factory, it's pretty cool that Lego made large building sets of one of their series by using another series' construction blocks.

This post has been edited by Toa of Energy on May 29 2013, 03:55 AM
Ninja
Posted: Jul 18 2013, 09:44 PM

Toa

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

I have mixed feelings about these figures. I must admit that Hero Factory Building System translates fairly well to organic design of Chima characters and these certainly look more complete than most of HF sets (all of them have actual back armor) but I still think they could've been a little better. I'll comment each of them:

Laval - his upper body looks very well designed - the head sculpt is lovely, the arms looks strong and well-armored and the fur is an interesting piece that helps the model look like an animal. The legs, however, look like they were cobbled together at the last minute. The choice of shells' for upper legs make the thighs look fat. The standard HF feet doesn't suit the lion physique at all. I've always seen them as some sort of robotic combat boots, so as far as I'm concerned they almost always look out-of-place on bestial characters.

Worriz - his design is very similar to Laval's but armor plates on his legs are arranged in a much better way. I like this set's color scheme (especially the awesome Dark Red shells), fierce-looking and detailed head sculpt and fur pieces. Unfortunately, he's wearing boots too. angry.gif

Gorzan - What's up with his legs!? tongue.gif I know the animals of Chima are supposed to look cartoonish and short lower limbs are one of gorillas' most iconic traits but that's just bizarre. Other than that, the set isn't bad but it doesn't interest me much (partially because I'm not fond of monkeys so much). The fur piece is awesome as always, though.

Cragger - I love this character. He looks almost like a real crocodile turned humanoid. Additionally, his overall physique reminds me of Rahkshi (reptile-like looks, lankiness, hunchback posture, spikes, dual-held staff...) and his Olive Green bones look absolutely beautiful especially with Earth Green and Red creating such a nice-looking contrast.

Eris - Meh, this set is disappointing. The color scheme is bland and the golden feathers don't make sense - they'd look a lot more natural if they were white. Her battle axe seems somewhat uninspired and the head mold could've been more detailed.

Razar - I know that his design is basically the same as Eris', but his color scheme and head make it a lot more exciting.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0477 seconds | Archive