InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Retro News: April 21-30 2002
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 4 2013, 04:49 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

If there's one thing a matoran can do that a toa cant, they can fit into things and ride them without looking absurd. Also, while there was no exclusive mask packed into the MOL DVDs, at least none I remember seeing, Blockbuster video DID have a matoran two pack which included a Mask Of Light as a collectible before the Takanuva set was released.
Takal
Posted: May 5 2013, 10:24 AM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I once turned all my Bohrok into Gheluka for a time... The Kal didn't fit the look so well...

MoL did come with a semi-exclusive mask - I got one from it, as did Ria. It was an infected Hau Nuva. It also came with a Turaga Vakama in a small plastic bag rather than a box and an issue of the first rahkshi comic.
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 5 2013, 01:13 PM

Imatron

O_O

Well, I would have loved any of those. Thankfully Im only missing one of the infected Hau Nuvas and I have a Vakama sealed in box. Was that the standard edition, or was it more expensive or some kind of store exclusive?
Takal
Posted: May 6 2013, 10:57 AM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I believe it was a preorder bonus. The set was either bought or arrived while I was at school, and I returned to find the movie and bonus material in a small cardboard box, so I imagine it was preordered through Toymaster or TRU or they were a lego catalogue exclusive. I do remember that they didn't add to the price, though. I thought it was the standard edition. I was only ten, though. Details are fuzzy.

...Though if you were talking about the Vakama, it wasn't packaged like the '01 version. It came in a single bag with movie images of Vakama on it, and I think the reverse side of the instructions was a movie poster.
Matoro
Posted: May 6 2013, 03:54 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

What is with this poem "days left" going on with this?
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 6 2013, 11:46 PM

Imatron

The countdown is to a month long event where a new matoran MOC is posted every day until the end of the month. I had a look ahead, that countdown had me curious too. Didnt look at any of the MOCs though.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1255 seconds | Archive