Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Retro News: February 21-28 2002
Adrninistrator
Posted: Mar 4 2013, 06:34 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

This time I blame being late on the shorter month, I thought I had 2 more days.

Awell, theres some interesting parts in this one, like the bohrok kaita and working with the Maori on proper use of their culture's words.
Matoro
Posted: Mar 4 2013, 01:58 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

http://www.turtletrack.org/Issues01/Co11032001/
I have read the article. Well, that is interesting for something to have happened back then. But if Lego wasn't able to use the moari vocabulary, how were they able to create such unique foreign names for the Bionicle universe? Like matoran, and bohrok for example?

When I come up with unique bionicle names within my bionicle universe, I mix things up from Moari + Italian + Slavic vocabulary and add a little of my idea of what it should be like.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 12:00 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Unless I misunderstand what your saying, I think the words they did use from then on were either an amalgamation of approved words (They felt words were misused/abused in part, not neccesarily that a particular word should be banned from use) or they were completly original words that sort of seemed to fit the story.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1436 seconds | Archive