InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

LEGO Universe ending
Shadrahk
Posted: Nov 5 2011, 12:58 AM

Shadpony. Element of Shadness.

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

Joystiq news link.

Gonna suck for those who paid for it. :/

This post has been edited by Adrninistrator on Nov 9 2011, 12:59 AM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 5 2011, 02:21 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

O_O Well, I feel even worse now that I only played roughly three days a month for four months and payed for a 12 month subscription. I complained that the game lacked a one time payment for a lifetime subscription, but I guess I got it after all.
Shadrahk
Posted: Nov 5 2011, 09:51 PM

Shadpony. Element of Shadness.

Member No.: 72

I almost bought it, last week. tongue.gif
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 12:03 AM

Imatron

Hect if you have a few days with some free time you could download the free to play version, buy a single months timeif they let you for ten bucks and get your monies' worth out of it.
Matoro
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 08:14 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

MMOs that turn out to be P2P at first, doesn't do well in the long run. If TLC used a effective and flexible F2P market strategy (Like what Nexon's Maplestory does for example.), it might'ev saved LEGO Universe. Because to be honest, playing a limit section of the LU world didn't convince me to hurry up and buy the full game. I was mostly enjoying myself building my own platforms (and some MOCs) on my lot and jumping around in it as if it was my own Little Big Planet level.

Now if I had some decent limitations, like I can't get certain LEGO pieces unless I pay real world money or if I want to get a cool mini-fig avatar unless I pay real world money sort'a thing, I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks here and there.

I wouldn't be too surprised if MEGA BLOKS bought LU and change a couple of things around to make it their own game. They would probably get a lot more players too. I mean Mega Bloks already has Halo and other warfare sets that most audience can relate too.

Well, good-bye LEGO Universe.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 01:45 PM

Imatron

I think the problem is that the game felt more like one of their lego star wars tittles that you had to pay extra every month to play and had hundreds of random people running around. Since getting stronger was not so much quest or experience based, and more like a scavenger hunt, the only incentive to kill stuff is for faction tokens to get your gear.
Matoro
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 03:21 AM

Birds R Awesome!

QUOTE (Adrninistrator @ Nov 6 2011, 01:45 PM)
I think the problem is that the game felt more like one of their lego star wars tittles that you had to pay extra every month to play and had hundreds of random people running around. Since getting stronger was not so much quest or experience based, and more like a scavenger hunt, the only incentive to kill stuff is for faction tokens to get your gear.

Yeah, true. But the combat wasn't the main highlight of the game. I thought the main highlight was collecting LEGO pieces along your travels and using them to build awesome creations, then animate them! I was always fascinated with that feature, because LEGO Universe provide more variety of bricks than you would get in Blockland or Roblox. Plus the GUI for building and programing your MOCs was easy and very user-friendly.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind LEGO and Tt games make a game solely based on that. Like LEGO's version of Little Big Planet. I like LBP for its sense of progression, you know. Where if you want to get a certain nick nak to add to your level, you have to access the secret areas of the dev made levels.
But then again, I bet a lot of people would choose LBP over LEGO's version of LBP. :/

I don't know, I think LEGO Universe is like a perfect substitute for those people who doesn't own a PS3/LBP.
Matoro
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 09:54 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Does anyone want to support my suggestion? Respond to this topic, so LEGO could see: http://messageboards.lego.com/en-US/showpo...?PostID=4529548

If LEGO Universe is ending, at least LEGO should keep some features from LU and not let it go to waste. Like the building animation features for example can be migrated to LDD or something.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 01:17 AM

Imatron

http://messageboards.lego.com/en-US/showpo...?PostID=4510559

Way ahead of you there XP

Though I had a bit of a different approach to it. Either way, I like your idea and if its thats the only way Id get to play the game once servers go down, then Ill take it. Summing up what I want, patch the game so players have their savedata on the computer versus the online server, take out the massively multiplayer aspect, and let me play the game offline.

Then, MAYBE add drop in/out multiplayer for up to four players over lan or some kind of server. At this point, If the choice were mine, Id make the game available for PC at 20 dollars, and console for 30, and name it something like LEGO Universe: Nexus Recon Edition. DLC could be done by selling new Class/gear packs every now and then, and market it primarily for the market that bought the Star Wars, Batman, etc games. Anyone who purchased the PC version or a subscription basicaly would get an update to localize the saved data to their PCs and turn it into the "Recon Edition".
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ And Site News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0996 seconds | Archive