• 1509 England's bells have tolled for the departed King Henry VII. The people have mourned, but also wait with bated breath to see his only surviving son take his place on the throne of England. Henry VIII has called all of his subjects to attend his lavish coronation, for which there will be weeks of festivities and merriment paired with sublime ceremony. Noble and gentle families of England are pushing their children to court -- the daughters to be considered as candidates for a royal marriage and the sons to ingratiate themselves with their new sovereign and gain his favor. But Henry may have plans of his own -- and with such a young and volatile monarch perched upon the throne, anything can and will happen.
  • NEWS

Please nominate for the spotlight!

For the celebrations of the coronation of His Grace The King, there will be a joust. Sign up if you are brave enough to compete.
  • Spotlight goes here.

• Lanie
    Megan
    Wills
    Brandy

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting

Name:   Password:

reply  new topic  poll 

Cecily Seymour
Catherine Dudley
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 06:26 PM

vérité sans peur

Group: Admin
Member No.: 36

My dear lady Somerset,

I have news that I am sure you will be delighted by, in that on the 31st of December I was safely delivered of a daughter who shall be baptized Cecilia after you, her godmother. If you could manage to make it to Grimsthorpe for the child's baptism it would mean very much though I am sure my lady mother could stand in proxy for you as I know you will be quite happy at the news, though I do wish I had a son. Here you have a daughter to marry one of your boys!

Yours
Catherine Warwick

Written the 2nd of January in the year of Our Lord 1513.

--------------------
"I must shape my own coat according to my cloth, but it will not be after the fashion of this world but fit for me."

Catherine is in 2 threads.
Cecily Seymour
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 07:10 PM

Unregistered

Dearest Catherine,

Your news of a healthy daughter comes as both a relief and excitement, for I have long wondered of your wellbeing and your fat belly sheltered up in Grimsthorpe. And oh, the name of her! Such a better name could only be mine own, but I praise you for the effort of at least granting the young heiress of a similar christening. I am sure you will still think of me as you call upon her.. in fact, I have no doubt. In return for your good deliverance, I, too, have news of your own godchild, little Thomas Seymour whom is already nearly two months of age. He is so very strong, and we will be glad to come to the young Lady Cecilia's baptism. No need for your mother to do more than what she already is.

Yours,
Cecily Somerset

Sent from Wolfhall Castle on the 5th of January in the year of Our Lord 1513.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

options   reply   quick reply  new topic  poll 

Skin by SOLEIL of ATF & CAUTION. Do not steal.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1397 seconds | Archive