Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Final Fantasia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Skin selector developed by XJONX. Skins created by various members of the IF Skin Zone.

Lines We Couldn't Cross
memory
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 06:52 PM

Tactical Engineer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 132

Two individuals approached an icy castle, side-by-side.

The first was a young woman, bundled up tightly against the bitter cold. The expression on her face showed that she was very unaccustomed to this sort of weather; in fact, she might have even been forced to come along.

The second was a man of average height, bald, wearing rather sparse and ascetic clothing. If he was cold, it didn't seem to bother him. As a matter of fact, nothing seemed to bother him- it was like his face was frozen in its current expression.

It was this second man who acted first. An incredible wave of heat exploded outwards in a sphere, blasting away the ice and snow around him. The warm clothing around the girl immediately burst into flame, but she was not immediately affected; instead, hairline cracks appeared along her body periodically.

For a structure made of ice, the castle resisted remarkably well. Patterns of indigo light spread across its surfaces, radiating cold to counter the heat's melting effects. But the two powers neutralized each other enough that the duo could continue approaching, despite the freezing wards set in place.

--------------------
memorypad: zoosmell

user posted image

My mod color is #00B7EB.
memory
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 07:15 PM

Tactical Engineer

At length, they reached the center of the castle. There, a body stood, carefully encased in a matrix of ice. It was a woman, swathed in a formal dress with a rather exaggerated ruffle around the neck and at the wrists. She held a scepter in her right hand; at its heart, a diamond cracked in two was set roughly into a silver torus.

The stoic man wasted no time in blasting this setup with incredibly hot flames. The magnitude of this attack was immediately apparent; the castle itself radiated away, along with a crater-shaped depression of ice in the glacier. Looking down, the young woman saw the tell-tale brown of earth; without wasting a moment, she escaped from the heat by pushing herself down into the rock below.

After a few minutes, the ice itself seemed to awaken. Outside of the absolute melting radius the fire-wielding man had created, skeletons tore themselves from the glacier and were subsequently wrapped in thick layers of permafrost before lunging at the man violating their sanctuary. To fight back, he directed waves of flame in the shape of fantastic creatures at them, rending the bones to ash without even moving a muscle.

--------------------

user posted image

My mod color is #00B7EB.
memory
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 07:45 PM

Tactical Engineer

From the girl's perspective, down in the bedrock below, it seemed like hours had passed before all of the ice was gone.

Where there had once been a fortress of ice, there were now three rings of fire orbiting the well-dressed woman's body. Slowly, it seemed, she was waking up; this was partially the result of the innervating sparks flying out of the blazing rings around her.

But there was one more piece of the puzzle. From within her body, where the girl felt the presence of her Astra, she drew out a glowing seed. With this clasped in her hand, she blasted out of the rock, surrounded by wood and leaves and vines. Using the plant matter to propel herself, she moved right up close to the body, right as the flaming rings dissipated.

Without hesitation, she plunged her hand into the corpse, releasing the seed before pulling away to where her companion stood. Behind them, a third figure emerged, gazing pensively at the floating body as it began to glow ominously.

"Well done. Now that we've restored the Seed of Life and the Spark of Knowledge to her body, we can proceed with the resurrection."

--------------------

user posted image

My mod color is #00B7EB.
memory
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 08:33 PM

Tactical Engineer

A lifeless body only hours before, the older woman now sat at an icy table with the three other individuals in attendance.

"So... I have been encased since back then. An interesting choice of sealing... and innovative, considering my powers. What they took from me was a very fundamental part of life, or sentient existence, more importantly. In another life, I might be very angry that such vital components were stolen from me. But considering the state of affairs, and the fact that I consider myself a very reasonable woman, I am willing to call that the past," she said. Her voice was tinged with a faint accent, an ancient one that few would recognize.

"I am glad. Your powers are integral to the success of our scenario," the third man replied, meeting her gaze.

"Indeed. The matter you have brought to my attention concerns me deeply." She turned her attention to the fire-wielding man. "Endymion. I assume you have been revived in a similar fashion. Consider all grudges past. We must focus on the matter at hand, you of course realize."

Endymion did not respond, but the woman seemed able to read his gaze easily.

"And I see at least one of the four other Grandmasters is in attendance." This time, she swept her gaze to the girl, piercing her with a cold glance. "I will introduce myself. I am Aidathelosurina. In an age gone by, I was Grandmaster of Ice. I also exercised considerable power over aspects of Time and Death. So you will understand, of course, that I am very difficult to kill."

The girl seemed nervous, but responded nevertheless. "I'm Cecily, Grandmaster of Earth."

"Ah, of course. So you supplied the Seed of Life. I see Grandmasters in this era have become very young. But you will learn of the timeless traditions of your post in time, as we all did in the distant past. And where are the other three?"

Cecily shrugged. "I... I don't really know."

The third man interjected. "That is the situation I wanted to discuss with you. I mentioned a matter of utmost existential importance. It is regarding the Moiety."

Aidathelosurina raised an eyebrow. "The Moiety? It has been quite some time since a Moieta did anything worth mentioning in the mortal plane. What is it?"

"They are attempting contact with the Crystal Plane once more."

"They will not succeed. Without the ability to effect new Writing unto existence and the consensus of the Six, it is impossible to reach that plane. Do not waste my time."

--------------------

user posted image

My mod color is #00B7EB.
memory
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 08:55 PM

Tactical Engineer

"Your information on the Moiety is outdated. They have recovered the Puritai tomes and recreated the seven Puritastrai. Moreover, there is a new heiress. Her name is Salinas Xaruthan. Her personal Astra is the strongest of the Puritastrai, Luminastra. I am inclined to believe she has the requisite ability to achieve their goal."

Aidathelosurina thought for a long time. At length, she said, "Preposterous. The ability is there, but it is forbidden by the fundamental structure of the Writing. Reality does not allow for their designs."

"The power of the Moiety is to alter reality. That has always been their core strength."

"To alter reality is to violate the most sacred duty of the Grandmaster. We protect the balance and stability of the middle ground. Altering reality itself will have grave consequences to that balance!" Her brow was furrowed and a fist landed firmly on the table. "This plan of action is unconscionable."

"And the other half of the Six would see it pass without a second thought."

"That is unacceptable. I will immediately call a meeting of the Six and mediate a solution. Endymion, and Cecily... you will go to Gemini Falls immediately and wait for my arrival."

"Gemini Falls is no longer an ideal meeting place. During the most recent reawakening of the Grandmasters, it was destroyed."

"I see. Then, I assume Melmond will suffice?"

--------------------

user posted image

My mod color is #00B7EB.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Skandivia | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3386 seconds | Archive