Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Final Fantasia. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Skin selector developed by XJONX. Skins created by various members of the IF Skin Zone.


Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

 [M-Dungeon]HUV: Spire Ruins
Aredjay
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 02:09 PM


The Official Argument Messenger
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 5,169
Member No.: 48
Joined: 19-November 04



...Hmm. It feels like a lamp of some sort...but if I walk back under the ladder so the others can see it, they'll think I'm a ghost or something. ...Then again, I can't see a blasted thing either. Might as well light the thing for them, though...

Taking great care not to reveal his own location, Ostor directed a tiny ball of fire mana into the lantern, lighting it. He then quickly sidled along the wall to put some distance between himself and the light source, without acknowledging the fact that he'd probably still leave a shadow on the opposite wall, despite being invisible.


--------------------
Number of times I've been shot as the messenger: 0

Commune Tracker (hey, Locke put one in his sig, so...)
Name - Gil/Blue/Red
------------------------
Ostor - ???/515/0
Top
DarkValkyr
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 07:53 PM


Fallen Angel
*

Group: Veteran
Posts: 2,296
Member No.: 177
Joined: 4-April 05



Rainwhisker whirled and was ready with his blade to swing upon sensing magic and then the lighting of the lamp. He noted the earlier goblin's disappearance, so it had to be the other presence that was following him this whole time. He shrugged and muttered, "Thank you." and picked up the lamp and searched the room.


--------------------
Top
cielo
Posted: Mar 27 2009, 08:31 AM


Village Idiot for Life
*

Group: Moderators
Posts: 3,565
Member No.: 236
Joined: 13-May 05



Ysen shifted and leaned against a wall, heaving a small sigh.


--------------------
cielo's Stuffs
Number of times cielo has had his post count reset: 4
Top
Zaxton Books
Posted: Mar 28 2009, 04:51 PM


Old Man
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,514
Member No.: 99
Joined: 31-December 04



This room itself contained little else of value, but the door could now be seen. Beyond was an empty space, full of more ruined pipes. A stairwell lead up to the hatch the group had seen earlier, and there were two other rooms on this floor. The goblin was startled by the light over by a staircase in another corner, and span around, running at the holder, jabbering like a mad thing.

On the surface, the panthers had stopped their seizures, lying dead in the sand. They got up after a pause, growling low as they started to home in on the strange scent of Ysen, Lonnie, and Kate. Kate cursed as he saw them, drawing his knives.

"What the hell are those?"

It was a good question. THe beasts, now easer to see, were not red but black, covered in sores and old, clotted blood. A two were bleeding a strange silver substance from sores that had burst.

"I don't know, but if that hatch doesn't open in twelve seconds we'll have to fight them." Lonnie drew her own knives, not bothering to hide. Instead, she took a defensive stance against the Doomhounds.
Top
cielo
Posted: Mar 28 2009, 05:34 PM


Village Idiot for Life
*

Group: Moderators
Posts: 3,565
Member No.: 236
Joined: 13-May 05



Now Ysen drew his pistols, safety off. "We could just kill them anyways. Or rekill them. Whatever."


--------------------
cielo's Stuffs
Number of times cielo has had his post count reset: 4
Top
Aredjay
Posted: Mar 28 2009, 07:30 PM


The Official Argument Messenger
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 5,169
Member No.: 48
Joined: 19-November 04



...So much for secrecy. But this guy hasn't tried to kill me yet; that's good.

Noting that his artificial camouflage would last until he was hit with Dispel (or a mudball), Ostor drew his staff and jabbed at the goblin, aiming to zombify it.


--------------------
Number of times I've been shot as the messenger: 0

Commune Tracker (hey, Locke put one in his sig, so...)
Name - Gil/Blue/Red
------------------------
Ostor - ???/515/0
Top
DarkValkyr
Posted: Mar 28 2009, 11:24 PM


Fallen Angel
*

Group: Veteran
Posts: 2,296
Member No.: 177
Joined: 4-April 05



Rainwhisker took heed of the movement of the Goblin, but at the same time, he sensed the change in life above him and the movements of numerous beings. He figured for whatever reason the panthers became undead and were walking -- and he needed to find that hatch, and fast. He thanked the other presence in this room as he distracted the goblin as he took to finding the hatch in one of the rooms.


OOC: Was the hatch referred in this one the one he came in from? If not, then say he opened that hatch instead of going to another room.


--------------------
Top
Zaxton Books
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 05:16 PM


Old Man
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,514
Member No.: 99
Joined: 31-December 04



OOC: No, it's the one at the top of the stairs.

In the next closest room, all that could be heard was the running of pumps. This seemed to be a compressor room, with most of the tanks burst. A few antlions slept in one corner, oblivious thanks to the noise.

"... No choice. Do it!"

Lonnie bounded up to one of the ruined girders, flicking a needlelike dart at the nearest doomhound. It flashed, but to her surprise, nothing happened.

"... They aren't undead?"

Ostor's attack seemed to be successful, and the goblin shambled along in a wide arc, coming to rest in another room.
Top
DarkValkyr
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 07:21 PM


Fallen Angel
*

Group: Veteran
Posts: 2,296
Member No.: 177
Joined: 4-April 05



He noted that Antlions relied more on hearing than anything else to find prey, so Rainwhisker was thankful for the pumps. Seeing as this place didn't have much of interest at the moment, Rainwhisker hurriedly, but quietly, went out and to the other room.


--------------------
Top
cielo
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 09:13 PM


Village Idiot for Life
*

Group: Moderators
Posts: 3,565
Member No.: 236
Joined: 13-May 05



Ysen fired two shots centered on one panther's skull with steady, deft hands. Oddly, no shell came out of either gun.


--------------------
cielo's Stuffs
Number of times cielo has had his post count reset: 4
Top
Aredjay
Posted: Mar 31 2009, 05:12 AM


The Official Argument Messenger
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 5,169
Member No.: 48
Joined: 19-November 04



Ostor could hear the shots being fired above.

Hmm...perhaps they could use some assistance as well?

He teleported straight up to the ground floor, keeping a firm grip on his cloak to avoid letting it billow in the wind, and surveyed the situation.


--------------------
Number of times I've been shot as the messenger: 0

Commune Tracker (hey, Locke put one in his sig, so...)
Name - Gil/Blue/Red
------------------------
Ostor - ???/515/0
Top
Zaxton Books
Posted: Apr 1 2009, 02:22 PM


Old Man
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,514
Member No.: 99
Joined: 31-December 04



The panther that sustained a headshot dropped like a stone, as did two more, struck through the head with those dart-like knives.

"Aim for the head!" Kate shouted, "And kill them quickly, I don't know if they can get back up."

In the other room, there were nothing but ruined shelves. A half-empty box of curalls catches the light. By now, the goblin was shambling up the stairs toward the main hatch, scratching on it for all the good it would do.

Coal's voice came in over the radio, "I'm taking off. My informant has detected a radio transmission stating that the Industrious Mako was sighted off of Narache. Radio us when you are done and we'll return."
Top
DarkValkyr
Posted: Apr 1 2009, 10:27 PM


Fallen Angel
*

Group: Veteran
Posts: 2,296
Member No.: 177
Joined: 4-April 05



Rainwhisker smirked at his discovery of the hatch, and set the lamp some steps away from the stairs and ran up. He patted the Goblin at the back, and hoped the Goblin would let him open the hatch for him. He motioned to the hatch, then himself, then offered a smile. He felt it was a stupid idea, but its better than getting this innocent Goblin killed.


--------------------
Top
Zaxton Books
Posted: Apr 6 2009, 08:22 AM


Old Man
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,514
Member No.: 99
Joined: 31-December 04



The zombielin seemed not to notice Cliff at the moment, and as soon as the hatch popped open, he ran out into the desert.

"Door's open!" Kate shouted, "Go!"

From the floor Cliff was on, in the room with all the compressors, a great bang was heard, and the compressors went silent.
Top
DarkValkyr
Posted: Apr 6 2009, 09:02 AM


Fallen Angel
*

Group: Veteran
Posts: 2,296
Member No.: 177
Joined: 4-April 05



Rainwhisker quickly stepped back in as the hatch opened to let everyone in. He hoped the last person entering has the decency to close the hatch behind them -- it'll be dangerous if the monsters follow them inside. Then the sudden bang and halt of the machine made him stop in his tracks. "Oh, sn--" he was about to yell and curse out loud, but kept his wits about him. He made a silence motion to everyone entering, with a very soft whisper, "Antlions. Inside."


--------------------
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Recognoria | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5 



Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1178 seconds | Archive