News & Updates!
EL is going through a bit of a "Spring Cleaning" Old posts have been deleted. (FINALLY!) Character bios and out of character posts are still up! You are welcome to "Restart" if you wish, or just pick up where your character left off! Beware...A winter festival is coming.
Moon Phase Of The Week
Character Spotlight here! This will be started once joining is opened again!
Edited Rules (Subject to change)
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-October 07
|The Basic Needs...|
- Register with any name you wish.
- Respect your fellow Members.
- If you have nothing nice to say, out of character, itís a good idea to keep you fingers away from the keyboard.
- It's easy to become comfortable in a setting, but never give out too much personal information, there is no telling who may be looking at our boards, so I want to keep all members as safe as possible.
- Never post crude sites or information on our boards. Despite the content this genre may create, any distasteful media of any sort will not be tolerated.
-Maturity is a must. A dark RPG doesn't just mean that it's filled with blood suckers and werewolves. It often means that subject matter is macabre in nature.
- If you have your own rpg, your welcome to share it with us! We often enjoy showing off our member's boards, but in no case dose that mean you should flood the listing area with links. One post. Your welcome to put a link in your profile and your signature!
- If you ever have a question,don't be shy. Nothing is too small or simple to be asked! The mods and I would be glad to help you!
There are several types of characters,
- You have 1 week to finish the Application for Canon characters and 10 days for Originals.
- You can only process 1 application at a time.
-You are welcome to post as soon as you finish your application, but should there be a problem, you will be flagged down. Failure to fix the application will result in having it deleted.
- Keep in mind your app is our first impression of you, so take your time!
-Your welcome to as many characters as you can handle!
- You are responsible for you characters info pages, journal and all other extra pages
- Your characters can be whatever age you like as long as the age is easy for you to post. Posting extremely young children can be difficult, and for those characters who have families and children, it's best for the players in the family to all share control, until the young character is old enough to be taken and played by a single player. This is going to be odd to say but it's best to post babies and infants like you would a pet.
-Only players with ties to the small characters may be able to control them!
- For every ability there must be a weakness. No one person is perfect.
-Alerts will be available for Hybrids and Royalty, you are welcome to reserve on of these slots. Failure to create an application a week after reserving, will result in forfeit (Royalty is open at this time for just about everything)
*Hybrids are unique and very from person to person, but mind you they are not the most beloved creatures. Hybrids consist of mixtures of all kinds of races.
Damphir - Vampire/Mortal. These are the most common and more accepted then most.
Pure formed Shape shifters- It's a rule that's more understood then spoken. Pure forms aren't supposed to mix unless a party wills away their form. But mind you there are mixed feelings about this. Being born of two pure blooded parents and having two forms is a rarity. But the community is afraid of what the magic might conjure if a person is born of two forms that appose each other naturally. It comes with it's risks.
There are two, however, that you will not see:
Vampire/Werewolf- Strangely enough vampire biology and werewolf biology do not recognize each other. This doesn't mean that werewolf/vampire romances aren't allowed, they just can't conceive.
-No God modeling (Yep. Said it twice.)
-No Power Playing rules
-Keep in character
-Keep OOC posts in places designated for out of character discussions.
-All posts must be 300 words! Describe the setting. What are your characters feeling? Thinking? Have an action, and don't forget to speak! It all helps!
-Despite the subject matter of violence and other related context, your contents should always follow the TOS of Invisionfree boards. (PG 13) I know that seems contradicting to the genre, but there are ways to post such things like death and sex without going into graphic detail. I know your double checking to make sure if you saw that three letter word, and yes, you did. Graphic posts of that nature are strictly forbidden.
-Posting song lyrics doesnít count toward your post
- Post in third person if you please. (She ran. He chased. I'm sure you get it.)
-Have Fun! The most important one of all!
I know getting started can seem a little daunting. Ebony life doesnít revolve around a boarding school, but more around a way of life and a backwards town thatís steeped in it. So be as creative as you like! If you notice nothing is set in stone, but merely suggested. Why? Because we want you to create with your own imagination! A mod will assign you character to a dorm if your character is minor. If they are and adult, living quarters will be suggested but they may live where ever they like.
Go through the cannons, and read some of the extra pages, they will help you get a feel for the place. Check out the plot board, thereís normally a global plot that effects every thing and everyone. and also there are smaller sub plots made by members or set by the canons, feel free to jump in! No one will bite you! If they do, Iím sure they wont do it hard. Just bite back.