You asked for it... and what you want, you got! We are bringing back the Annual EWAC Awards- this year renamed “The EWAC Wonderous Awards Ceremony.” This is the chance to give a HUGE shout out to your favorite stories, authors, and characters by nominating and voting for them in their respective categories. The nomination process will commence very soon, so start brainstorming about who you think deserves to be recognized for their hardwork and skillful imagination over the past year. Remember that this is a way for all members of our community here at EWAC to participate and control things. The moderators are merely here for assistance, but in the end it’s all of you who control who wins the honor of topping each category.
With that said, let’s get the nitty gritty (and occasionally pain in the butt) rules out of the way first. They are nice and simple and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the moderators for an answer or explanation.
* There will be a three week nomination period this year beginning March 21st. During that time, we encourage you to re-read some of your favorite stories or experience the work of an author you may not have read yet (there are some real hidden jewels out there for your enjoyment that you may not have discovered yet).
* During the three week nomination stage, please post your list of nominations in the appropriate thread.
* You may make three nominations per category. If you cannot decide on three nominees when you first post your list, you are always able to come back any time during three week period to add or edit your list.
* While creating your list of nominees, please list the story and the author. For example:
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Hamlet by William Shakespeare
The Iliad by Homer
If you are voting in a category for characters:
Meriadoc Brandybuck in LOTR: The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
Ron Weasley in The Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Robert Langdon in The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
* Last but not least, everyone’s least favorite rule. Please do not nominate yourself. We all would like to win an award, so spread the love.
* After the three weeks for nominations, the thread will be closed while all of the nominations are tallied. Once the initial count is finished, a new poll will be opened for voting featuring the top four or five nominees from each category.
* Voting will be easy. Go to the appropriate poll for each category, choose the story/ character/ author you wish to vote for and then click on submit. It’s even simpler than the American voting system (and we promise that the winner will be more clearly decided, too.)
* Voting will last for ten days after which the winners will be announced.
These also have new names this year. Check them out and start thinking about who you would like to nominate for each Award.
Best Supporting Male Character --- SAMWISE SIDEKICK AWARD
Best Supporting Female Character — THE GIRL POWER AWARD
Best Male Lead Character — THE MACHO MAN AWARD
Best Female Lead Character — THE DIVA AWARD
Best Reader — THE BOOKWORM AWARD
Best Short Story — THE SHORT BUT SWEET AWARD
Best “Original Achievement” Story — THE I’M ORIGINAL AWARD
Best “Elijah Wood” Story — THE BIG BLUE EYES AWARD
Best “The Lads” Story — THE LAD LOVING AWARD
Best Poet — THE RHYMESTER AWARD
Best Author — THE FUTURE NOVELIST AWARD
Best Tearjerker Scene — CRY ME A RIVER AWARD
Best Comedic Scene — THE LMAO AWARD
****For thest last two categories you only need to list the story and author in your list of nominees****
The Nomination thread will open on March 21st and close April 8th, so everyone get ready to honor your favorites. Voting will start April 10th.