Forum

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Elite Fantasy Hockey League. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bruins Management Befuddled
Slats - Bruins
Posted: Jul 21 2010, 03:51 PM

Unregistered

From the front offices of the Bruins organization, a breif statement was released by President and General Manager John "Slats" Baker regarding their attempts to resign a number of restricted free agents.

"It is increasingly clear that being in first place has gone to the heads of some of those players seeking contract extensions. We have been nosing right up to the cap all season and are willing to make necessary changes to the organization so as not to have cap issues next year. Obviously, this means we would have to go younger. However, many of our RFA's have rejected very lucative deals and appropriate term deals, reflective of their overall net worth to the organization and commensurate with their overall abilities. The organization is unwilling to pay a player for what they have not yet accomplished. Meanwhile, lower placed teams seem to have been able to sign their players to what I would deem to be fair market value and length in many respects."

"At this point in time, the Bruins organziation is going to take a step back from negotiations and take some time to reflect. Who knows, maybe none of these players will be playing next season for the Bruins or any other team as we will continue to own their rights. We have presented offers to them greater than the requirements for qualifying offers. Who knows? At this point, I am more inclined to agree to disagree, that may change but at present this is where I stand."

Slats failed to single anyone out but did say he would take a couple of days to decide where to go from here. Should Slats decide to stay the course, these players may be forced to sit, unprecedented in league history. Sources close to Slats indicate that he may need to just blow off some steam but also indicate they have seen this type of behaviour before and know how adamently and staunchly he can hold his ground.

A former office insider, who asked to remain anonymous, told the AP, "I walked into his office and asked for a raise. He gave me a 10% increase. I went back to him demanding more or that I would quit. Suffice it to say I am still looking for work."
alex - blackhawks
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 09:38 PM

Unregistered

The Hurricanes discovered much the same with our brief interactions with the agent of a franchise RFA... clearly every single player in this league is all about the money and could care less about winning. I have no clue how or why that is but heh, we can all do some benchings I suppose!

Edit: WTF canes? I'm the hawks now loool

This post has been edited by alex - blackhawks on Jul 23 2010, 12:02 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0914 seconds | Archive