Die Zombie Die

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Die Zombie Die - Survival Horror and Scary Video Games. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Left 4 Dead
spooky
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 10:24 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Unfortunately, this is set to be a FPS (first person shooter), and I'm not a fan of that style.

But I guess it's good to always have another zombie game.

Left 4 Dead Confirmed for Xbox 360
    .... Developed by Turtle Rock Studios, Left 4 Dead is a co-operative multiplayer first person shooter in which you play as one of up to four people (called “Survivors”), who are immune to a virus that is spreading through the human population.

Those infected with the virus have turned into psychopaths, who are weaponless and weak but found in large numbers when they attack.

The twist of Left 4 Dead is that you can also play as an infected, with your goal being to kill the Survivors before they escape the level. When you choose the infected side, you'll become the “Boss Infected”.

Although the Survivors team doesn't have player classes, there are four playable types of Boss Infected: the Boomer, the Hunter, the Smoker, and the Tank.

While playing as a Survivor will have you fighting the Infected hordes, playing as a Boss Infected involves stalking, waiting around a corner, and attack Survivors when they don't expect. As an Infected, you are weak, but you can respawn. The Survivors can not respawn, instead, they can be revived and only three times.

Ultimately, playing Survivor is all about action while playing as an Infected is about tactics. You have to choose the right moment, the right place, and the right way to attack.

--------------------
spooky
Posted: Dec 29 2008, 11:45 PM

Administrator

DLC = Downloadable Content

Link: Valves to Announce Left 4 Dead DLC Soon
    Dec. 29th, 2008

In the latest Kotaku podcast, Valve writer Chet Faliszek has revealed that the studio will announce the first batch of Left 4 Dead downloadable content soon.

Faliszek said that the announcement should be happening "shortly," since the news should have been out before Christmas, but for some reason the press release was postponed.

Faliszek confirmed that unlike Team Fortress 2 DLCs, Left 4 Dead downloadable content will arrive simultaneously on PC and Xbox 360.

spooky
Posted: Nov 10 2009, 05:14 PM

Administrator

There is a Left For Dead sequel coming out, Left 4 Dead 2. I'm unclear if it's for the PC only or if it will also be available for consoles (edit: upon second inspection, I see that this page is saying it will also be available for the X-box 360).

Left 4 Dead 2
    Down in the bayou of Louisiana, all hell has broken loose in this second entry of the multiplayer zombie-fest.
    Genre: First-Person Shooter
    Publisher: Valve
    Developer: Valve
    Release Date: November 17, 2009
    Also on: X360
    ESRB: M for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Language
spooky
Posted: Mar 16 2010, 11:52 AM

Administrator

I own Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2.

I usually do not like FPS, but I do like the L4D series. I'm not too fond of some of the newer zombie designs in part 2, such as the jockey, charger, or spitter, though.

I'm seeing a few headlines saying that there might be a Left 4 Dead 3.

LINK: Left 4 Dead 3 hinted by Valve’s Gabe Newell

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Scary Video Games | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1253 seconds | Archive