zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Demonologists Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Visit the NEAR website @ www.nearparanormal.com.

Institute for Noetic Sciences
Aneaglesangel
Posted: Jun 4 2010, 10:49 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 382

Recently, I was with my doctor, who is on board with the paranormal, because of complications due to Lyme Disease. He's always excited to see me, I think it gives him a chance to get out of his regular routine with me, and talk paranormal. I am always excited to see him, too, for it's not often that I get to pick the brains of someone with the education that I lack. We both share enthusiasm for the subject, and boy, he makes me think. One thing that I thought about after leaving his office was this: Since I've been very sick with this stupid tick induced disease, I have not been doing the strange things that I do in my sleep. Specifically, I have not had dream contact with a spirit, and I have not had any of my "weird dreams" precognitive, or otherwise. It made me think.

I've always believed that people who experience the paranormal (psychic skills, empaths, precognitive dreamers, a very wide category that does not just include those who attract spirits, though some are one and the same in many cases) more readily than others, were wired a bit differently in their physiological body than others. When I got home, I searched for the website that the doc had shown me on his computer in the office, for the Institute of Noetic Sciences, found at http://ions.org/. I see that these people are studying exactly what I've been wondering about for years.

I had begun to think about these physiological differences when I first began to research the paranormal. At the time, the pieces didn't quite fit together, for I had no idea of String Theory and the ideas that it has sparked in my mind, came many years later. Then everything seemed to come together, even if I couldn't put all the pieces in, things seemed to fit, with my limited education on medicine. String Theory is the theory of everything in its own way. Everything is connected to everything. It was easier to see how discordant, or even just slightly out of tune strings in the human body could possibly bring on a chain reaction at times, where that discordant string could touch upon the strings of other dimensions, other times, other places. And behind me, without my knowledge, IONS has been looking at exactly what I've been thinking on for so long.

So taking a look around the site and reading, I began to think that my little theory had some bearing. And it also made me think of something else. I haven't been doing my own thing for a little bit. I've gotten very sick. I don't like to go into details, but I will describe what long term Lyme Disease does. It essentially strips you of your immunities and stores of vitamins. It eats into your bones, your flesh, your neurological systems, and it does it well, the bacteria themselves are shaped like little drills, to do the job that much better. It is a virulent disease that will encase itself in a membrane while you take antibiotics to kill the infection, only to break out of the membrane and re-infect you when you go off them. So, needless to say, my body is running at a lower capacity than it probably ever has in my life. And in being in this lowered state, it is not capable of producing the conditions required to reach the state it needs in order to do its "tricks." I think the song of my strings is "dampened" by illness.

I have used myself as my own guinea pig for a long time. I think ever since I started to research the paranormal, I looked at my own case most closely. It was always right there, and I knew there had to be solid answers. If only I could look down the right alley. Looking at my own case, I have to say that I do believe I'm on the right track. I feel strongly that my life long spinal condition caused a different resonance of my "song" and that in turn, it helped me to provide the right conditions for different levels of consciousness to be achieved during sleep, or at times, awake periods. It has always been the cause of precognitive dreams, waking visions, spirit contact, both awake and asleep, and the myriad experienced that I've had during my lifetime, and the lifetimes of others who I've interviewed over the years. I believe there is a physiological difference in those people also. I believe there is more than meets the eye here, and we've finally scratched the surface.

I think if these experiences begin again once I'm well, it only proves the theory more strongly. Once I am back up to full strength once again, will my discordant "song" begin to ring out once again, reaching other dimensions, other times, other places? I believe very strongly that it will begin to happen again. I think conditions inside my body will go back to what they were when it was only my spine that was concerned. I think some part of my physiology will dramatically change, creating the right scenario for it to happen.

I can hardly wait to get the new round of tests done. I have MRI's coming up and have to see an infectious disease doctor. Let my illness be a lesson on more counts, than just the paranormal one. I care about all of you. WEAR BUG SPRAY!! Be careful out there, the Cape and South East Mass are the worst for Lyme Disease spreading ticks. Don't catch this crap, it really, really sucks!! But once I've had the tests done, I can get back into my paranormal doc's office and talk over these new ideas that I have and see what he thinks of it all!

But I'm also very interested in everyone else's thoughts on this, and would love to hear your take on this! I'm so excited that someone out there has been doing research in exactly the area I've been searching so hard! Check out their website, once again the link for the Institute of Noetic Sciences is:

http://ions.org/

--------------------
Founder/Whaling City Ghosts
www.whalingcityghosts.net
Author/Dead Whispers
isabel9710
Posted: Jun 4 2010, 04:00 PM

Honorary Member

Member No.: 33

I've never heard of Noetics, it sounds interesting. Thanks for the link, it looks very cool.

--------------------
You can change my body, but you can't touch my soul.
~Sgt. Styles of Afterlife (The Outer Limits)

When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

"The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you"

~from a lovely e-mail
grendal
  Posted: Jun 4 2010, 07:22 PM

Member No.: 1,149

I heard of them about a year ago, never knew what they did though.

--------------------
Beware spirits....you never know where I'll pop up next.... You run, I chase, you chase, I stand my ground, you cuss I cuss more, you slap me, I laugh at you. Throw things at me, throw me through the room, you don't scare me and I will continue to hunt you. Proud member of SIRS www.sirsparanormal.com

user posted image

Old paranormal page being rebuilt. Will update all links on forum once rebuilding is completed.
Aneaglesangel
Posted: Jun 5 2010, 09:38 AM

Member No.: 382

Well, looks like they're going the steps that I can't go. I'm hoping that I can find more out about them, and maybe even participate and help. I have an extreme case, so why not help? Though, I guess I'll have to kick the Lyme Disease first. I'm still attractive to spirits it seems, for I have had an emergency investigation, and I'm still getting good EVP. It's just the other skills I have that seem to be affected by the Lyme. I don't know, I just couldn't help but get excited when I saw the things they are working on. Now if we can get more people with these skills to come forward and maybe even be studied, maybe we could come closer to the answers sooner!

--------------------
Founder/Whaling City Ghosts
www.whalingcityghosts.net
Author/Dead Whispers
grendal
  Posted: Jun 7 2010, 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Aneaglesangel @ Jun 5 2010, 09:38 AM)
Well, looks like they're going the steps that I can't go. I'm hoping that I can find more out about them, and maybe even participate and help. I have an extreme case, so why not help? Though, I guess I'll have to kick the Lyme Disease first. I'm still attractive to spirits it seems, for I have had an emergency investigation, and I'm still getting good EVP. It's just the other skills I have that seem to be affected by the Lyme. I don't know, I just couldn't help but get excited when I saw the things they are working on. Now if we can get more people with these skills to come forward and maybe even be studied, maybe we could come closer to the answers sooner!

sounds like a plan my friend.

--------------------
Beware spirits....you never know where I'll pop up next.... You run, I chase, you chase, I stand my ground, you cuss I cuss more, you slap me, I laugh at you. Throw things at me, throw me through the room, you don't scare me and I will continue to hunt you. Proud member of SIRS www.sirsparanormal.com

user posted image

Old paranormal page being rebuilt. Will update all links on forum once rebuilding is completed.
Slyph
Posted: Nov 20 2011, 10:49 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,529

Don't take yourself off any medications a medical doctor prescribes.

--------------------
The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.
grendal
  Posted: Nov 20 2011, 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Slyph @ Nov 20 2011, 10:49 AM)
Don't take yourself off any medications a medical doctor prescribes.

Unfortunately sometimes that is needed, and why a team should have a doctor who can consult on such matters. The client shouldn't stop using perscribed meds, they should talk to their doctor, sooner rather then later.

I was on a combination of meds for a cold, lyme disease, an anti biotic and a pain med. The meds for the cold reacted with the pain med and built in my system to the point that fresh tap water, tasted like salt water. That I was seeing bugs crawling on the wall, frogs in the couch, cats walking through solid heaters, demons running through the house...it wasn't until I was visiting my doctor and the tap water got sprayed over his bathroom that I was sent to the er. My liver and kidneys shut down as a result of the medications reacting, and the meds had built up in my blood stream to lethal levels.

To this day, 8 years later, I still do not remember what happened. I only know what I was told by others who were there.

--------------------

user posted image

Slyph
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 12:49 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,529

411; noetic science is crap. It's just a load of nebulous woo woo about "energy" "forces" and probably "vibration" some dude pulled out his arse.

--------------------
The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.
grendal
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Slyph @ Feb 16 2012, 12:49 PM)
411; noetic science is crap. It's just a load of nebulous woo woo about "energy" "forces" and probably "vibration" some dude pulled out his arse.

Yet they get federal funding...formed in 73, by an astronaut edgar mitchell. They research many things, including but not limted to spontaneous remission, meditation, consciousness, alternative healing practices, consciousness-based healthcare, spirituality, human potential, psychic abilities and survival of consciousness after bodily death.

They have three areas of interest. Extended human capacities, integral health and healing, and emerging world views.

They have a very interesting semi annual bulletin called The Noetic Post.

They also sometimes have articles in the following peer reviewed journals.

British Journal of Psychology
Explore - The Journal of Science and Healing
Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
Journal of Consciousness Studies
Journal of Psychoactive Drugs

So yeah...their not crap, they are an actual institute studying actual fields of scientific interest.

--------------------

user posted image

« Next Oldest | Paranormal Theories | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0857 seconds | Archive