InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Demonologists Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Visit the NEAR website @ www.nearparanormal.com.
Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Disturbing gift ideas for Christmas
DF Mod Lady_Zandraa
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 03:31 AM

DF Mod Lady_Zandraa

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 640

Hey everybody

Can you believe this. Tonight as I was looking thru an advertisement trying to get ideas what to get my grandchildren for Christmas and one's birthday I saw something that I thought was really disturbing.

ToysRUs is advertising Ouji boards. Pink Ouji Boards. This bugged me. Bad enough that kids are curious about this not so cool toy so lets make even more attractive to unsuspecting little girls who will think it is neat because it is pink!

I realize that most people think the thing is just a HARMLESS toy but come on! Pink?! The whole idea bothers me that someone would think to manufacture a pink one and that it is now a "hot" item for Christmas. blink.gif

So has anyone else seen anything that disturbs them for a gift idea?

--------------------

Boy I am glad I like lemonade!
DF Mod LadyStarla
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 08:10 AM

Honorary Member

Member No.: 231

Me personally I don't like all the toy guns. They have the mega shot the ultra shot, you name it. I think there are better things the toy companies could be improving on.

The other thing that bugs me is all the stuff the barbies and Bratz have. It teaches the girls they should have it all as well. I think that is just a bad message.

--------------------
The easiest way for evil to win is for good men and women to do nothing.
DF Host Christine
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 01:19 PM

Group: Forum Host
Member No.: 87

I don't like the Ouija boards either...

The guns..depends..nerf guns seem ok,,I think kids get a lot of violent ideas from other sources...guns just let them act out things...like the 8 yr old who shot 2 people.

I agree about the Bratz dolls...I was thinking of coming out with a line of dolls called "fatz" but they would be 'normal' (according to...?) thru chubby size...

Course then there is over 40 fatz call ARRG-atz with a face resembling aggravation, you know a scowl and flabbier boobies..I won't say they are modeled solely after me, but one could surmise...the middle finger would be very flexible...I am doubtful the idea will go over well.

OK I'm done with that....

wink.gif

--------------------
Find me on "Kiss Me I'm Psychic the Psychic View"

Want to be a guest just ask. smile.gif
Radio Psychic
DarkLucidity
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 04:24 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,008

OMG.. you know... I just had to look this up. I cant believe it LOL... how sad to pander this to young girls. It even comes with 72 question cards and a carrying case! I think Id prefer to bring candy cigarettes back (ok... I admit.. I crave one of those to this day, so maybe Im a bit biased). Game companies are getting really low...

--------------------
Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
T. S. Elliot
DF Mod Lady_Zandraa
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 10:51 PM

DF Mod Lady_Zandraa

QUOTE (DF Host Christine @ Nov 20 2008, 01:19 PM)
I don't like the Ouija boards either...

The guns..depends..nerf guns seem ok,,I think kids get a lot of violent ideas from other sources...guns just let them act out things...like the 8 yr old who shot 2 people.

I agree about the Bratz dolls...I was thinking of coming out with a line of dolls called "fatz" but they would be 'normal' (according to...?) thru chubby size...

Course then there is over 40 fatz call ARRG-atz with a face resembling aggravation, you know a scowl and flabbier boobies..I won't say they are modeled solely after me, but one could surmise...the middle finger would be very flexible...I am doubtful the idea will go over well.

OK I'm done with that....

wink.gif

:rofl:Christine that is to cute! I would buy on of them for my hubby for Christmas! That way he could take me with him EVERYWHERE wink.gif

Starla I am with you on the gun thing for the most part mainly because most parents don't teach gun safety to their kids in our modern times. The first thing I was taught about guns was that they aren't toys. The second was unless you are intending to kill your target you don't point them.

I am appalled at the commericalization of the holiday season. The insanity of buy, buy, buy is sending such a bad message to the children. Got have the latest video game/system. Bratz dolls (Grrrr...) Barbie (Grrrr...) Ipods. Clothes from stores that are totally overpriced. For what??? Ever notice how big the let down seems after the gifts are openned?

It drives me nutty! Ok maybe it is only a putt but still....

--------------------

DF Host Christine
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 06:06 PM

Group: Forum Host
Member No.: 87

I am with you though guns are not recognized as what they can and most times do.....this year the kids and us are giving as much as we can...I make a note to donate food..presents...etc..I want them to be involved so they KNOW what being Christian means even in a small way means treating people well and with kindness..loving..accepting etc..all the things I truly feel and teach my kids about what Jesus was all about....as much as people would not agree with me...lol

Dale hunts and he has taken (as has his children) all the required safety law training etc..he is adamant about that..I do not hunt although we might start going together this year for some turkeys and maybe some deer.,I will cry like a baby but you know freezing the meat would help us soooo much in these bad times.,,I'm not sure I can do it thought...not likely..lol

Christmas should be about celebrating life love and GOD not money...(((((((hugs)))))))))

--------------------
Find me on "Kiss Me I'm Psychic the Psychic View"

Want to be a guest just ask. smile.gif
Radio Psychic
Twinkle
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 07:07 AM

Honorary Member

Member No.: 101

Barnes and Noble sells Love Spells by the front counter. They also have pocket size Tarot Cards and Palm Reading Books that fit into your purse.

In all fairness...the Toy Companies make products that are popular and know will sell.

It tells us more about the state of society than it does the toymakers. Supply equals demand.

--------------------
He is not strong and powerful who throweth people down; but he is strong who witholdeth himself from anger.

Muhammad

SCLandes
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 07:20 AM

Veteran Member

Member No.: 918

Christmas stopped being about the love vs. the money when retailers started pushing the dates they put up the displays. I actually saw several stores that had their christmas stuff up before halloween this year.

talk about disturbing.

--------------------
Of course God always answers prayer.
Our trouble is, oftentimes the answer is no. -G.H.

Floodwaters raise the ramparts,
I'll meet you there...wherever you are,
I'm here until the front lines break,
Whatever it takes. -Tom Morello

You heard right, I am the threadkiller.
And the Angry Poopy-Head.
And the guardian dentist,
that fights decay in ivory towers.
Twinkle
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 09:22 AM

Honorary Member

Member No.: 101

Ugh.

I've seen Christmas stuff up before Thanksgiving...but never before Halloween.

Icky.

--------------------
He is not strong and powerful who throweth people down; but he is strong who witholdeth himself from anger.

Muhammad

ignoti nulla cupid
Posted: Nov 30 2008, 10:54 AM

Member No.: 307

What is more exciting then finding the unknown? That is why many toy companies make Ouji boards because they know they will sell.

As for toy guns, I don't really care if they sell them or not. If I was a parent, I would be teaching them how to safely operate and maintain real firearms because with the toy guns, they are taught to point them at each other and fire. That is one of the reasons that when they accidentally get a hold of a parents gun, they might think it is a toy instead of a weapon and that is what causes accidents.

--------------------
"Out of one truth, many questions arise, for one is always asking questions for where there is no clear answer"

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
DF Mod Lady_Zandraa
Posted: Dec 1 2008, 12:20 AM

DF Mod Lady_Zandraa

QUOTE (Twinkle @ Nov 26 2008, 09:22 AM)
Ugh.

I've seen Christmas stuff up before Thanksgiving...but never before Halloween.

Icky.

As sad as it sounds in the retail Christmas decoration world if you aren't up and selling in September you have missed the boat. Market studies show that most consumers do whatever decoration shopping before Thanksgiving so that they can decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. I know in the stores that I managed ( I did only Christmas for about 5 years) our sales did drop steadily after Thanksgiving.

I love the celebratory feeling of the season and I love to decorate for it but I really hate the push to go into debt for 15 minutes of unwrapping.

snowman.gif

--------------------

coolcalmNcollected
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 09:40 PM

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,233

I don' think a pink Ouija board would sell at all. I don't get the concept behind them anyway. You can get results the same way with a newspaper and a piece of glass. It's no more paranormal then the magic 8 ball. And any girl I have come into contact with who is into the paranormal would deffinately not buy themselves a pink Ouija board nor if they took them srious would encourage others by buying them one period

--------------------
Just because you can't see it, or hear it, doesn't mean it's not there. All you need is a digital recorder, a camera or camcorder and the knowledge to use them properly.
NowhereGirl
Posted: Feb 9 2009, 12:36 AM

Member No.: 269

I saw an ad for children's swords, real swords not plastic. As a matter of fact, the neighbors across the street bought their 11 yr old son one. Yeah just what that child needs, goes well with his anger issues. sad.gif
schaqq69
Posted: Feb 9 2009, 05:55 PM

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,139

I spent alot of my childhood on a military base.

My son has guns that just make sounds and one that shoots soft pellets that he got for christmas.

He is going to be 11. I am talking with my dad to take him to the shooting range. I think it is important for the parents to teach their children how to handle any weapon, and reinforce there is no reason to take a persons life, unless you are in the military then you have to follow orders.

My son has his own pocket knife that he carries through the summer. I think it is in what we teach our kids. They can learn all the wrong ways to do things from anywhere. It is up to us as the parents to teach them what is right and wrong.

I even take my son on some investigations with me. It is me teaching him. It is important to me that he learns these things. One day he may need these skills.

--------------------
I want to bust the world wide open the way you did when you was filled with youth; to engage with people, lovers and ghosts; to be physical and ask the big questions; to taste the taste and fix the problems; to be the best friend, complicated daughter; have fun, laugh, laugh; I want to be the mystery in the room. I want to be remembered as Embrace Your Grace. (Anna Darko)
NowhereGirl
Posted: Feb 9 2009, 11:38 PM

Member No.: 269

You're right!!! Both of my sons know gun safety and knife safety. Con just earned his whittling chip card last week in Scouts, so he is allowed to carry a pocket knife while we are camping, hiking, etc.... It is up to the parents to teach their children the proper way to do things. But when it comes to parents who just give their children "toys" (sword) and tells the child to go outside and scare the poop out of everyone, that's not funny at all.
« Next Oldest | Open Forum | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1459 seconds | Archive