Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Decker Hunting Terrier Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

New Decker Hunting Terrier Registry
edrats
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 01:26 PM

edrats

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi All,

Here is a link to the new Decker Hunting Terrier Registry. This is a full service registry we created to help advance the Decker Hunting Terrier into the future. We are still working on the website, and will be for a while, but it is set up and ready to start accepting applications for registrations now! Please have a look, and let us know if we can answer any questions?

http://deckerhuntingterrierregistry.com/

Thank You!

The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry

Ellis Decker---President/Founder---The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry
edrats@comcast.net

George Palmer---Vice President/Founder---The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry
buckhornhuntingterriers@suddenlink.net

Milton Decker---Advisor/Founder---The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry
mmdecker@comcast.net

--------------------
Ellis Decker

My Webpage

user posted image
Wildwood Deckers
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 01:41 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Hey...

Website looks great...This is going to do wonders for those that are really looking for hunting dogs..... I'll start getting apps ready as soon as I get back from my trip...

Clyde

--------------------
Blazier
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 03:05 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

Ellis,
I need some advice regarding my litter of pups. As I understand it, they are not NRTA registerable?

Is this new registry the way to go for these pups?

Ellie is River x Ginger and Smoke is Rico x Cookie .

Obviously the problem is the Browns grit claim on both sides.

These two dogs are unbreedable as we ended up with hernias in two of the pups. Other than that, the rest of them were very good.

I need to get the folks that bought these pups their papers and don't have a clue as to which way to go.
edrats
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 03:13 PM

edrats

Rob---The thing to do is to apply to register the parents first. Send me a private email and I can give You more info, and help You with it.

We are still working on some of the details.

Ellis

edrats@comcast.net

--------------------
Ellis Decker

My Webpage

user posted image
Slickrock Deckers
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 05:13 PM

Jack Gossett

Member No.: 5

Rob, the fact that Grit was in a pedigree does not make the descendants unregisterable thru NRTA, if I understand it correctly there will just be a blank in the pedigree where Grit's name was.

The new registry is certainly where I'm going with my new pups, but dual registration is very common for dogs. A quick read of the guidelines shows a requirement for demonstrated hunt and even temprement. Would I be correct Ellis, in assuming a pup is not registerable just because it comes from registered parents? In other words a dog would have to be somewhat older to be registered?

Thanks for taking this on. I'd like to order the eight generation pedigree so it will show Henry on both sides!
edrats
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 06:30 PM

edrats

Rob---I'm not certain of all of the circumstances, but You may be able to register NRTA, that would depend on if the parents of Your litter are already registered NRTA. I got Your email, and will help You with it.

Jack---If both parents are registered as Decker Hunting Terriers, the litter can be registered as such. There is also the Decker Hunting Stock program as well. Your litter is a different circumstance. Email me, and we can figure out options.

Ellis

--------------------
Ellis Decker

My Webpage

user posted image
Slickrock Deckers
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 12:58 PM

Jack Gossett

OK Ellis, we'll talk about that situation. Could you explain the color genetics system to be used on your pedigrees? Is it that different lines will appear in different colors?

Your outcross and stock program is the most sensible and progressive thing I have ever seen a registry do. It is absoulutely the right thing to do for the genetic health of the line, regardless of whether it actually increases the hunting ability or not.

Rob, see my comment on your dogs under "hernias" in the decker breeding category...
Carol PA
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 02:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (edrats @ Aug 1 2009, 01:26 PM)
Hi All,

Here is a link to the new Decker Hunting Terrier Registry. This is a full service registry we created to help advance the Decker Hunting Terrier into the future. We are still working on the website, and will be for a while, but it is set up and ready to start accepting applications for registrations now! Please have a look, and let us know if we can answer any questions?

http://deckerhuntingterrierregistry.com/

Thank You!

The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry

Ellis Decker---President/Founder---The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry
edrats@comcast.net

George Palmer---Vice President/Founder---The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry
buckhornhuntingterriers@suddenlink.net

Milton Decker---Advisor/Founder---The Decker Hunting Terrier Registry
mmdecker@comcast.net

Ellis-
The site looks great. I am confident that the DHTR registry will be a wonderful, helpful and accurate tool for all the dedicated hunters. Kudos to you, George and your father, Milton for taking this on.
Carol
Carol PA
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 02:58 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Blazier @ Aug 1 2009, 03:05 PM)

Obviously the problem is the Browns grit claim on both sides.

These two dogs are unbreedable as we ended up with hernias in two of the pups. Other than that, the rest of them were very good.

I need to get the folks that bought these pups their papers and don't have a clue as to which way to go.

Hi Rob-
Just my opinion. I would not consider both dogs to be unbreedable. I would not repeat that particular breeding. However, if both dogs have all the qualities of the Decker Terrier I would consider taking them to different mates.
Carol
Buckhorn
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 04:03 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

Carol,

Thank you for the compliment. The three of us are very excited about the Decker Hunting Terrier Registry. A lot of thought and planning has been put into this registry and we believe it is what is needed to move the Decker Hunting Terrier forward in a positive and healthy future.

George

--------------------
Palmer Stock Feists
Top 100 Hunting Dog Sites
Wildwood Deckers
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 08:14 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Hey George,
I was beginning to think you forgot how to type....LOL Havn't heard from you on here in awhile.... don't be such a stranger....

I know you have alot of knowledge that many can learn from...

Clyde

--------------------
Wmratz
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 11:46 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

Will there be any color restrictions in this new registry, or will abilities be first and foremost? Specifically, I'm thinking about the color Chocolate/Liver colored dogs.

--------------------
Carmeta French
Warren Mountain Rat Terriers
Vermont.
edrats
Posted: Aug 3 2009, 01:17 AM

edrats

Dogs will not be declined over color.

Ellis

--------------------
Ellis Decker

My Webpage

user posted image
edrats
Posted: Aug 3 2009, 11:28 PM

edrats

Jack---A simple explanation of the color genetics system is that basically, no dog will be allowed to be registered without a photo submitted. Color genetics are a great tool to keep integrity in a registry.
This doesn't say that a photo registration is required. An inexpensive registration with no picture or pedigree is available, but any dog or puppy registered will have to have a photo submitted.

Ellis

--------------------
Ellis Decker

My Webpage

user posted image
Slickrock Deckers
Posted: Aug 15 2009, 11:52 AM

Jack Gossett

Wow, I don't know who to thank for working on the history section on the registry website, but it looks great. My question on calm temprement was answered there even before I asked it. Henry was selected as the best pup temprementally, and immediately proved to be a superb hunter. What a great story about building a breed thru selective outcrossing (I had to get that one in there).

Jack
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1402 seconds | Archive