zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Decker Hunting Terrier Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Breeding in Basenji
Michelle
Posted: Jun 26 2010, 01:56 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

QUOTE (Milton @ Jun 12 2010, 08:55 PM)
Very good photos of spectacular dogs. Makes me proud to have "Decker" associated with these guys. Milton

Milton,
Your post was from a while ago but I just wanted to say "Thank you".
They have brought tremendous life and fun into our home.

--------------------
Michelle
user posted image
PaulyCowgirl
  Posted: Sep 9 2010, 12:33 PM

Member No.: 38

Hello folks ...

I've been out of the Decker "loop" for a while ... quietly existing with my two females, Addie (Bluegrass Merlin & Bluegrass Avalon) & Ru (Jagged Edge & Killens Buckhorn Lucky). But I have enjoyed reading this board and getting caught up on all that is going on in the Decker world. One question for Michelle, what kennel does your "Linc" come from and what is his breeding? He is very unique.

Thanks, Milton, for sharing your thoughts & practices with us. Your philosophy on breeding practices is one I applaud and support 100%. As "stewards" of God's creation, we are charged to be wise and intentional with our dog breeding. My husband likes to say people are either "breeders" or they "just reproduce dogs" ... I'm sure you all understand where he's going with that. If we want to guarantee a sound future for the Decker Hunting Terrier, then it starts with wise and conservative breeding practices. We cannot be driven by the almighty dollar, but by the desire to constantly improve the breed.

So, thanks, Milton, for reminding us all and attempting to keep us focused on what's important.

Oh, and watch for news soon on Addie's latest (and probably last) litter. She whelped Monday and I will be posting pictures eventually.

Nice to be back in touch with y'all.

Paula Francis
Granite Oaks Ranch
Michelle
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 01:04 PM

Advanced Member

Linc and his litter mate Blaze are both from Bridget's Lil Ranchin Decker Terriers in Calif.

Sire was Dia. Valley Dragon Master (Wizard) and dam was Bebe River Deja. Heavy Fire Mtn on Wizard's side and his pedigree goes all the way back to the original Decker's Wragler-Towser-Zack and Decker's Shortcake-Stella-Peaches.
Toggle up to my June 14th post and you can link to Linc and Blaze's pedigree. If you hit the perdigree button (on lower left) you can even drill further down on the pedogree of each dog that has an arrow attached to them.

Linc's coloring is unique and his face has the Calico effect. Very striking in person.

I understand Decker's Zack was a blanket back black tri colored Basenji but I am sure he had in his DNA the Basenji red coloring.

Welcome back to the "loop". Love to see those puppy pics!

--------------------
Michelle
user posted image
Bridget
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 01:59 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14

Hi Paula, hope all is well. You should post a picture of Addie, Candice and Janel have Addies grandpuppies Frasier and Patches and Dixie. I have Clan Clarks Liberty who I believe is also related.

--------------------
Bridget
Southern California
www.lranchinratterriers.com

user posted image
PaulyCowgirl
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 02:05 PM

Member No.: 38

Hey Michelle -

Thanks for the info about Linc. I have a fondness for some of the old Fire Mountain dogs ... and I actually obtained a couple of older females from Rosalie's kennel in Buttonwillow right before it was shut it down. (We live about an hour away.) I also visited the Sycamore Flats kennel a few times before he (Joe Quintana) shut down, too. Saw some amazing dogs, some of which are still out there.

I will post pictures of the pups eventually. :-) But you can visit my website and see pictures from old litters. www.imageevent.com/graniteoaks

Paula Francis
Granite Oaks Ranch
Michelle
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 02:25 PM

Advanced Member

We drove to Buttonwillow and got 2 dogs from Rosalie back in 1997. I can remember Rosalie made us take our shoes off and had puppies in big refrigerator boxes. Our intent was to get only one but we walked away with two. One of those dogs is our Nike, still with us today. Sire was FM Kahlua and dam was FM Perky Penny. When we went to see Bridget we were to get only one dog too! Blaze was our first pick from her photos, but once we saw Linc we had to get both! They have been the best buddies since.

I went to your website. My husband and I met Gail Halloway one day at her home, I think she had just had foot surgery. It was a middle meeting place for picking up our Calvin. Calvin was not one of her pups but from High Chaparral. This was before Gail moved to the Sierra Madre.

Addie looks terrific!

--------------------
Michelle
user posted image
Slick
Posted: Sep 10 2010, 02:47 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 105

QUOTE (edrats @ Jun 11 2010, 12:42 AM)
user posted image

This specimen (I hate to say it that way) - but that pooch is "rock-hard & razor -sharp" - WOW!!!

I love it, and that is what my Diesel is - a killer of rats with the personality of a killer yet a lover of people. Diesel charms women better than I ever could...

That all said, I can't get over this Decker's stare - it rocks! biggrin.gif
TedH71
Posted: Apr 26 2013, 09:07 PM

Member No.: 276

The people that brought back the new basenji blood also had to petition the club to allow a new color that they hadn't known that the basenji has...brindle. I like brindle...it's one of my favorite colors in dogs. Doubt rat terriers have that now days.
« Next Oldest | Genetics Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1127 seconds | Archive