Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to DORKUS MALORKUS. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

ATTENTION RESISTANCE!, we need you *points*
MERLIN !
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 07:48 PM

DORKUS MALORKUS ?!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

RESISTANCE IDEA EXCHANGE

this has been a long time coming, and the kinks have been steadily worked out. the idea came from ish, who is the rper of teddy, in hopes that we could devise an idea for the resistance to accurately and effectively pose realistic ideas for where the resistance can go, and to show that your characters are actually serious for the cause at hand. the end result is this:

an idea exchange.

merlin will propose a question and thusly start the conversation. this will be in the perspective of your character, the first perspective, where they can answer the posed question in a narrative style where their opinions can be given. we would prefer the questions to be answered in a semi-long fashion, with actual content (see the antecessor preservation initiative for an accurate example), so the resistance can start developing the cohesive glue that they have been lacking thus far, and to make sure that everyone is on the same page. ideally, the characters will be able to interact with each other through these replies and hopefully come to a conclusion about good ideas or bad ideas relating to the developing plot of Dorkus Malorkus, ie, if Fred Weasley has an idea and James Potter disagrees, he can say such.

there is no prevailing leader in this thread, and everyone will work through issues, ideas and concerns as a team. if it seems to be veering off course, merlin will reappear to redirect.

with alana and kieran lestrange in charge of the ministry, and the subsequent ascension of power of "the elite," what is our next course of action?

lucas atticus entwhistle
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 08:49 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
victoire ines weasley
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 11:06 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
artemis emily cooper
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 03:37 AM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
dominique andra weasley
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 01:48 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
BRADEN OWEN MAGNUM BOOT
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 01:48 PM

28| BREE'S BB.
Group Icon

Group: Civilian Admin
Member No.: 831

stops chewing on his fingernail and looks around the group for a moment before speaking. "Yeah, I want nothing more than to show how bad ass we are and all that, but I think ti's a bad plan right now. We're in a good place right now, where they underestimate us. If we do something to prove how strong we are or whatever, then all we're gonna do is put a bigger target on our backs. The bad guys like to think that they've bullied the weak guys into submission, and I think that while we plan this amazing attack that you guys talk about, we need to seem really weak. We need to seem like we're not a force to be reckoned with, so they won't try reckoning with us. That way, when it comes time to do whatever the fuck we're gonna do, we're also prepared for the outcome. Like planned anarchy. I have no bloody idea what we would do for this grand attack, I'll leave it up to the smart people, but whatever it is, it has to be when it's least expected, which means that we've gotta wait a while."

eben molly conchorde
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 04:30 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
kellan david demonte
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 12:56 AM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
amy colleen wood
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 01:58 PM

21 | french navy, my sailor mate.
Group Icon

Group: New Order Admin
Member No.: 218

She fidgets in her chair - it's too much for her to try and sit still, especially as each person's statements are followed by a brief, sometimes not so brief, silence. It's too quiet, too still for Amy, who's too used to the hum and drum of a sports pitch. She picks at her nails and chews at her cuticles, then crosses and recrosses her legs, twirls a strand of dark hair around her finger. Finally, she folds her legs up and hugs them close to her chest, arms wrapped around her knees. She's been listening for a while and wanting to say something but only now does she clear her throat and look up.

"Well, it's nice that you think everybody's a good person deep down inside their soul, that's a really charming thought," she says to Kellan (she thinks that's Kellan but she has no head for names). She's being too blunt and she knows it; she shrugs and smiles nervously and continues. "I'll agree with Eben, because honestly, it doesn't matter if the public thinks we're swell if we can't cast a spell to save our lives." She takes a breath before speaking again. Her words come out as a breathless, half-formed rush. "I think it's right stupid to start thinking about whether or not people think we're a force to be reckoned with or not or whatever it is you want to call it. What matters is what we think we can do - what we can actually do - realistically - whenever we're ready." She unfolds her legs so that her flats clap against the floor, and then says, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I could waltz into the ministry right now and try to battle a bunch of trained officials - or Lestrange supporters - or what have you - and have half a chance of saving my own life and - well - maybe you're all better than I am, and I'm wrong - but I don't want to do anything until everybody's ready. Until we're ready, until we feel more confident, I guess, and not until some arbitrary date has passed." She looks around nervously. "But I'm probably wrong."

She thinks, briefly, of the speeches she used to give at school, and it occurs to her that this pithy little…statement possesses no inspiration, no fire, no determination - to her, it comes out as the statement of somebody afraid.

alyssandra leigh golpalott
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 02:42 AM

Unregistered

From her corner, Alyssandra listens in silence, sulking and stewing in the frustration mounting with what seems like little to no clear result forming enough to please her short patience. Arms cross over her chest to hide her more subtle fidget: nails of her right hand flicking lightly across the pad of her thumb on the same hand, running through the same four-part pattern as the conversation continues. Half of it is patting each other on the back for an idea or lightly turning it down. Even in tension as this, they sit around with some form of courtesy. She listens to it all, waiting for that one suggestion that isn't offered with hesitation and fear to compromise the idea. The neanderthal fury to start off the talk was close. She actually raised her eyebrow at that. The enthusiasm was good. But it didn't last long, and the meeting succumbed to the usual dullness they seemed to have, no matter the topic, igniting a small headache behind her eyes that pulses with a tedious beat.
Lips press tight in disappointment at the shut-down of the idea of assassination. She would've fully supported that one, if only to have a shot at the bitch that ended Peterson. But envy is not enough of an excuse to put her down. Complicating things with this sudden power switch, though, might be just good enough.

"We get that information, and we better DO something with it,"Alyss throws in from her seat. She's started, so she might as well slip in some words. She certainly has a few of them. "And we don't hit for Lestrange right away. We cut her legs out from her, cripple her first, or those under her. We can recruit, but they are adding to their own numbers. They are pulling bodies to their cause by old family ties and by fear. Most of them don't give a shit about anything other than themselves and staying on the right side. You say barbaric, Demonte. They are. Pureblood or not, everybody is at risk, and if we can demonstrate this, we remind them that the Elite can turn on them too. We poison their propaganda instead of fight it. Weaken them, and then we step in. We kill anybody right now, then it's one less person we can use to play against them when the time comes. So as delightfully satisfying as it could be to test out if she does have a heart after all, I will also have to say that I am against any more assassinations. For now."

Action. Without it, they might as well get comfortable in here and chat away over a round of beers. Get pissed drunk, come up with more "we should do's", sleep off the next morning, and repeat. Pretty easy when they held meetings above a bloody Pub. Alyss settles back again as the silent, sulking member. Her words would be lost in this jumbled mess of opinions, and they would not be any better off. If they came out of this with even one plausible plan, then she'd applaud them. With bored sigh, she tires of the meeting and studies her nails as she often does at these thing. She doubts much will come of all this debate already and awaits for something more definitive than this flurry of "I think's."

raquelle gemma entwhistle
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 09:19 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
tempest danika shacklebolt
Posted: Dec 10 2011, 12:37 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
victoire ines weasley
Posted: Dec 10 2011, 06:28 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
roxanne alyssia weasley
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 04:57 PM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
cassius hector rosier
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 11:21 AM

Unregistered

[dohtml]
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

topic options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0807 seconds · Archive