Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to DORKUS MALORKUS. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Character Names
edmund cain yaxley
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 02:05 PM

20| BREE!
Group Icon

Group: Loyalist Admin
Member No.: 852

names names names so much fun (: let us see here:

EDMUND CAIN YAXLEY
Edmund wasn't my first choice for his name, it was actually Cain. But anywhoo, Edmund means "rich protector" which fits Edmund to a tee. I mean come on, he's not only in love with protecting his own wealth and lifestyle, but he's a very paternal dude, so I suppose he's a protector who happens to be rich as well. I wanted him name to be biblical because of his strong moral values and also I adore Edmund in the Narnia books and always thought that he was totally under rated. Plus, I can see some similarities between the Edmunds. I went for Cain almost for the irony alone. Cain murdered his brother because he was jealous of him, and I think Edmund is more like Abel but I knew it would piss him off to be named for the first real human villain in the bible.

BRADEN OWEN MAGNUM BOOT
Brady's had this name since he was first created like 3 years ago, and back then I was suppperrrr into having meanings behind my character's names. First off, his initials are BOMB which is on purpose. His twin sister originally had her initials as LAMB and it was just showing that his parents were super traditional and wanted him to be this fierce guy and her be the timid one. Did not happen. Braden means "son of the salmon" so I didn't really focus much on that I just like the idea of calling him Brady. Owen means "desire born" and that was a play on the whole twin thing. He was supposed to be the strong twin who was dying to get out yadda yadda and he ended up being born second. Magnum means "big or great" again, his parents being the way they are, but also cause I wanted him to have this big name just cause it's all flashy which is so not Brady.

AURORA MEREDITH DAVENPORT
Aurora's name was always Dahlia Emilia, but that changed when I came to this site and Dahlia was already taken. Aurora means "goddess of the dawn" but I just really liked the name Aurora and thought it was pretty. Meredith was just a classic and somewhat ugly name (although I've grown fond of it now) that I picked for her middle name. As for Davenport, I wanted it to sound prestigious and snooty and something out of a Jane Austen novel.
margaret jean pinkstone
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:25 AM

23 | ruth
Group Icon

Group: New Order
Member No.: 857

oh hi thread that hasn't had a post in a couple months. i want to use you.

MARGARET JEAN PINKSTONE
once upon a time, i made a character but soon after the site died. she was basically maggie during her hogwart's years except it was on the ~extra info that she was already an animagus. she wasn't a pinkstone either. being a pinkstone obviously makes maggie 20% cooler. originally, her name was danielle. there was a few months in between me making danielle and coming here on DM and making maggie. in those months, i fell out of love with the name danielle. then i considered naming her johanna because i just adore that name on so many levels that it practically hurts. we discussed margaret mead in one of my history classes and she's basically known for being batshit crazy and a female figure in the sexual revolution. i thought that it went along with carlotta even though it's not bam in your face obvious. i didn't want to give up johanna, but i was set on margaret as a first name then. her full was going to be margaret johanna pinkstone, but i don't like such long names and didn't have the heart to make maggie her given name rather than a nickname. i researched the name johanna and discovered that jean is a variant of johanna. so i went with jean instead.

i didn't focus on the name's meanings, but margaret means 'pearl' and jean means 'god is gracious.' i decided on her going by maggie instead of her full name just because it seems like something a kid would go by and is some attempt at reflecting her usually playful nature.

ALBUS SEVERUS POTTER
if i had a say in his name, it would be actual cannibal shia labeouf.

ruby rhea macnair
Posted: May 6 2012, 03:49 PM

22 | werewolf | healer | widow
Group Icon

Group: Loyalist Admin
Member No.: 24

QUOTE (margaret jean pinkstone @ May 6 2012, 11:25 AM)
ALBUS SEVERUS POTTER<br>
if i had a say in his name, it would be actual cannibal shia labeouf.

SUCH a fan of this. xD
francis sisaelia bones
Posted: May 6 2012, 04:32 PM

20 | each coming night
Group Icon

Group: Fugitive
Member No.: 940

YES

alexander emil wood
looking back, i should have put Oliver in there somewhere... but i wanted a longer, traditional name to balance out the emil and wood in his name. so nothing really special here, but coincidentally, it does mean 'to keep away' 'to ward off' and 'to defend/protect' which fit him pretty perfectly. well, the latter is a bit hidden but he's superb at keeping people at arm's length. and then emil is a family name of mine. sort of. i saw it on a family tree of mine, so not really a family name because it's pretty common.

francis sisaelia bones
and then fraaan. i've always been a huge fan of francis, like nina. and the -es ending is slowly growing on me because it looks more like france and she hates them (and i think frances is the girl's version....) but i still have the irony intact with francis because it means 'frenchman'. lolol jokes on you fran. and then sisaelia is sort made up, but more inspired. i ran across the yiddish name sisel, which means "sweet" (lol MORE IRONY) in yiddish and wanted the -ilia part of cecilia, but that's a lot of ssss sounds as well as short e and i sounds clumped together soooo i added -AE in there to make it sound like SIS-long A-LIA. did it work? i'm clueless when it comes to diphthongs (is that the right word?). it still has a lot of ssss sounds, but in contrast with the hard 'B' and long O sounds in bones, i felt it would work. and i wasn't willing to change!

and that's that ^^
braden owen magnum boot
Posted: May 6 2012, 06:36 PM

28| BREE'S BB.
Group Icon

Group: Civilian Admin
Member No.: 831

yeah yeah yeah i love people posting in these threads! it's like crack to meeeeeee.

i suppose i can add in ronan? i mean... i legit just picked a middle name i liked for roxanne so...

ronan dean finnigan
#1 finnifish ftw. okay now that's i've said that... well ronan is irish, because i was very adamant when i made ronan at the ripe old age of 14 that he needed to be super irish. curly golden locks, super irish name, etc. ronan means 'baby seal' because ronan's about as intimidating as a baby seal and just as cute, and his middle name is dean cause obvs dean thomas and seamus finnigan are bronies. HEY HARRY, DID YOU NAME YOUR KID AFTER RON? WHAT NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOO. lmao i dunno why i even put that there. anywhoo i think that seamus and lavender just picked pretty sounding irish names cause they could so yuh. and plus ronan is an epicsauce name. the end.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

topic options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3117 seconds | Archive