|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Cordite RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Jul 11 2004, 01:06 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 11-July 04
The first thing you need to do is make an account for Cordite RPG's. Thatís the simple part.
The next thing you need to do is make a character, and send it to my e-mail (ThegunsofNevada@yahoo.com). See character creation for info on character creation.
Each game topic will have several sub-posts.
1. Plot line: A basic description of the game, and were I want it to go, and its general description. Also describes the location of were you all will be, time period, et cetera.
2. Characters and points: Describes maximum points allowed for your character, and any character types I need.
3. Trouble Shooting: Any...issues...Iím having, mechanical or biological, will be posted here. In general, this will be were I chew out people for messing up, et cetera.
4. OOC (Out of Character): A topic were you can discuss anything you really want that isnít going on in the game world.
5. Game: This is the most important. This is were the actual game and role-playing will take place.
6. Game errata: This is were ill list important NPC's (Non player characters, I.e every one else in the world except for the real people playing in the game), and anything else that concerns the game that is not actual role-playing.
How Iím going to do all that:
In the game sub-section I will start with an opening post, describing whatís going down, were you all are, et cetera. You will all respond with your characters actions, re-actions, et cetera, and I will counter respond.
The following format is acceptable, X being an action
I do X.
/ does X
Anything that your character said will be put in "Quotes". Example:
I shoot him in the head
/Shoots him in the head
*shoots him in the head*
I look at him (Or /looks at him/*looks at him*), and say "Bla bla bla". Iím wearing this and that or this and that, with this or that.
Getting the picture?
Next part: Mechanics.
GURPS is based on die rolls, and is not 'free form role-playing'. Everything is handled with 3 dice, by ME, versus your skills or atributes.
Correct: I am going to shoot him in the head
Incorrect: I shoot him in the head, killing him instantly.
That being said, you say what you want to do, and based on skill rolls, I decide what happens. Any questions?
99 Decision street, 99 war ministers meet. Worry, worry, super scury, call the troops out in a hurry. This is what weeve been waiting for, this is it boys, this is war. The president is on the line, as 99 baloons go by.