good cop - or am I?
Member No.: 1
Joined: 18-September 07
R U L E S
G E N E R A L
- Do not copy any contents of the site for use at another site without permission.
- Contact the admins if you have any questions, concerns or complaints. We're very friendly people, and I promise everything you say will be taken to heart - that also applies to any issues you might have with the admins themselves.
- What happens in character stays in character, meaning that you don't take a character's actions out on the member playing said character. If we notice OOC-hostility over IC-occurrences, we will approach you about it with a warning, and if the behavior doesn't stop, we'll be forced to take action.
- No OOC fighting or disrespect on the board! We don't want to see it, and if we do, we will issue a warning. If you keep it up, you risk being banned. Respect your fellow RP-ers, and don't go around bad-mouthing people, and everything will be just dandy.
- Image signatures should be no larger than 500x400 pixels. We do not allow animated GIFs or the like in avatars on signatures, as they sometimes slow down people's computers, or cause their browsers to freeze.
- The maximum amount of characters you may have from one city-section is two, this to avoid unreasonably uneven numbers. If you want more than two of your characters to be from the same city section, however, contact an admin. We're awfully friendly, and will probably grant your request. However, please only join as many characters as you'll be able to be active with - you're the only one who knows how many this is.
- Face claims must be either celebrities or stock photographs. If you are using stock, make sure that the owner of the photographs is okay with their photos being used (Many DeviantArt members request their photos not to be used outside DA). Random people from social networking sites, like Facebook, will not be allowed.
- Please keep all advertising to the advertising forums; if we see it elsewhere, it will be deleted.
- If you are inactive for 60 days - that is, you have no site presence for 60 days, without having posted an away notice - we reserve the right to assume you've left, and archive your account(s) for inactivity. Nothing will be deleted though, so you only have to let us know if you want your characters back.
R E G I S T E R I N G . A N D . A P P L Y I N G
- When registering, register with first and last name. No aliases, and no middle names.
- We like to make a clear distinction between players and characters, so please register your character with a different name than the one you plan on using OOC.
- Don't worry if the admins don't approve your app right away. A lot of applications on the site has been through at least one evaluating round, and the admins don't go easier on each other than they do on everyone else, either. If you do have any questions or concerns about the evaluation, however, don't hesitate to ask the admins about it - we're here to help.
- Under anything else, write Paaain!
- We will accept no Mary Sues or Gary Stus on this game. If you're unsure as to whether your character is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, read this topic.
- When applying, your topic title should be "LAST NAME, First name", and the topic description should be left blank.
- Do not post IC until you've been evaluated and ACCEPTED by an admin. When you have been accepted, your application will be sorted into the right forum and locked. If you want or need to edit anything in your app after this point, just contact the admins, and we'll unlock it for you. When you have finished your alterations, please let us know. We welcome updates/alterations in accepted apps; we simply want to be aware of it when alterations are made.
- Please write your application in a third person's narrative.
- A sample post is required in the application of the first character you join, but not in any following applications.
- You cannot play yourself, real life friends/celebrities or any already existing fictional characters (from books, movies, etc.).
- Dropping characters is allowed; we understand that sometimes, it just doesn't work out. However, once you've dropped a character, you must wait 10 days before joining a new one.
- Please do not alter the application template. We want it to be readable across all skins, and avoid spanning.
R O L E P L A Y I N G
These rules are subject to change if the admins feel that a change is in order. Members will be informed about the change, but as soon as the new rule is in place, it is to be followed. New rules will be in bold, while altered rules will be in italics.
- We're a no-word-count game, and think it's quite silly to quantify quality. We do, however, ask that you put a bit of effort into your posts - produce something that you'd be interested in reading and responding to! That makes it all the more likely that your RP-ing partner will be.
- God-moding and powerplaying is not tolerated. People don't like having their characters played for them, so be sure you don't do this. When in doubt, ask them first! (Note: Agreements are usually made between writing partners about how much god-moding/powerplaying is permitted. We will only get involved if someone feels their partner is over-stepping boundaries or disregarding their wishes on this matter, and approaches us with the problem.)
- You cannot kill another member's character without permission.
- If your post/thread contains 'mature' materials (sex, violence, strong language, etc.), please mark the thread accordingly in title or description.
- If you disappear for long enough for your character to be archived, and leave people in plots that depend on your character, the other player will be permitted to write your character out of the plot, even if this means power playing.