WELCOME
Welcome to Civil Squabble! We are a political debate forum, aimed at combating youth political apathy. We are a fun community that appreciates diversity and unity, and although we're bound to have disagreements, we ensure our debates are friendly and respectful.

Administration
Cosmo :: President
lipton :: Vice President
cupcake :: Secretary
Snazzy :: Justice, Congress
HH :: Secretary, Justice
faux :: Secretary
Mina :: Secretary
Rach :: Secretary, Justice
purple :: Congress

News and Updates
Have new and creative ideas for CS? Go here to discuss!

QUICK LINKS

Quick Login

Quick Log-In

Members of the Month

xthereisnospoonx90, for continually staying with the board and making CS exciting!

CREDITS
Skin: Coty
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Civil Squabble. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newspaper guidelines
lipton_lover
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 06:01 PM

Boy who drinks tea
Group Icon

Group: Vice President
Member No.: 17

Here is what we decided we will need to do to get this going.

each monthly issue is made up of the following:
title
date
headline news sometimes news is a link
beside headline news, a bar with little things that will always be links
below headline news, fun little things, this will be optional in each issue, only used if we have enough to put in it
"article" section, where they can look up the headline news, which will always be the first stories, and read more about them, and it will also have other stories in more detail.
As specified, the section after that is for whatever pieces people write and send in via available means, whether through an email or a post on the forum, these could be useful little informational articles, or it could be someone's personal thoughts on a global issue, or just reporting on that issue all in that person's own words.

main page will have:
title
mission statement
list of issues in middle
top right is search function and subscribe button
top 5 posters, I will add the fifth eventually, but they started with four slots so I didn't both adding it yet, this will be updated each time an issue comes out, or more frequently when I think to.
links on the left, we can add to this at will.
Latest Civil Squabble related news
Notes on feedback, always nice
hit counter, made on a mac, and email me.

staff will include but not necessarily be only:
master editor, the person who finalizes each item, deciding whether or not we add it then moving it to the appropriate section of the forum so the person who puts it up on the newspaper can easily put it up. Also chooses the top stories.
"tech person" as raven put it, to handle getting all this up on the internet. If we're definitely using iweb, me or raven will have to do it it looks like.
news hounds, to find links and information and to put it into a form that we can put it up on the newspaper.
A few dedicated article writers, but anyone who's anyone can email one in, or put it in the pending articles section.
A "group Janitor" to make sure old articles and news is removed so it isn't accidentally put in a new issue, and for the ease of use of the staff

forum support will be:
we will need a group for this, I think it should be a group because we already have a spot for it then on the forum.
the group will need a pending articles section so that articles, pictures, etc.. waiting to be approved can get into the next issue.
A approved articles section, as the master editor and his/her minions approve of each article, they need to have the mod powers to move the article over to here.
A general section so we can discuss our newspaper and what we need to do with it.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0534 seconds | Archive
AMARANTH SKINNED BY AUGUSTINE (COTY) OF RCR & RPG-U.