WELCOME
Welcome to Civil Squabble! We are a political debate forum, aimed at combating youth political apathy. We are a fun community that appreciates diversity and unity, and although we're bound to have disagreements, we ensure our debates are friendly and respectful.

Administration
Cosmo :: President
lipton :: Vice President
cupcake :: Secretary
Snazzy :: Justice, Congress
HH :: Secretary, Justice
faux :: Secretary
Mina :: Secretary
Rach :: Secretary, Justice
purple :: Congress

News and Updates
Have new and creative ideas for CS? Go here to discuss!

QUICK LINKS

Quick Login

Quick Log-In

Members of the Month

xthereisnospoonx90, for continually staying with the board and making CS exciting!

CREDITS
Skin: Coty
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Civil Squabble. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

A Guide For Congress
cosmobeak
Posted: Feb 24 2008, 12:47 AM

CosMo'Lenin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image
Pending Requests
There is a sub-forum entitled pending requests. This is where suggestions from non-congress and congress members are originally located and looked at. Each and every request should be at least skimmed before dismissed. Requests here are debatable by congress members AS WELL AS non-congress members. A proposal must spend at least 2 hours in pending requests before brought to the immediate attention of Congress (where only congress can debate).

Active Proposals

Active proposals are discussed and voted on exclusively by congress members. In order to maintain clarity and eliminate confusion, we have a very easy and simple way for congress to debate and discuss these proposals. However, in order to explain how we go about discussing and voting on proposals, we first must define a few terms.

Chairperson: A Chair person (Or Chair) is the authority on a certain proposal. This person will motion for voting, and discussing proposals. This person will also maintain peace and relevance within the discussion.

The Chair in general circumstances will be the Vice President. In the case of individual propositions, the congress member starting or activating the proposal will act as the chair.

The chair, or congress member activating a proposal will use the following guidelines when starting a thread activating a proposal [NOTE: THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN ORIGINAL METHOD].

CODE
I move to discuss proposal A [You may use proposal A, or list a more specific title], as explained and stated explicitly below.

[quote]Copy and paste text from pending request here[/quote]

I will now open the floor to debate of before mentioned proposal. Pending version and comments may be found [URL=COPYANDPASTEURLHERE]here.[/url]

Discussion and debate will commence. Congress will soon come to somewhat of a final draft. At this point, chair, or willing member of congress will then say this:

CODE
I'd like to motion to vote for proposition A, as stated explicitly below.
[quote]REVISED VISION OF PROPOSAL HERE[/quote]

Simply put, [STATE WHAT YOU WISH TO VOTE FOR IN SIMPLEST TERMS].

[If person is chair]: Do I have a second?

If person motioning for a vote is not the chair, the chair must then ask if there are any seconds before people commence with voting.

VOTING

If one is in favor of the proposal, they must respond with aye, if they are opposed, no is the correct response.

If voting passes, chair says this:

CODE
By general majority, proposal A, as stated below, passes.

[quote]Revised and passed proposal here.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/cosmobeak/approvedbycongress.gif[/IMG]

You may each add a stamp with your name at the end.

If proposal fails, chair says this:

CODE
By general majority, proposal A, as stated below, fails.  I will now motion to vote on whether we dismiss the proposal, or discuss it further.

Voting takes place.

If congress votes to discuss, chair should open the floor to discussion. If congress votes to discard it, edit the topic title with DISCARDED as the first word.

Moving to President
Moving the proposal to the president is always done by the chair. You simply use your moderating powers to move the proposal from Congress, to President forums, respectively.

Common Etiquette
This is common sense, my friends, but please refrain from calling names, using crude language, or belittling (rudely) a proposal. Furthermore, always take into consideration the thoughts and feelings of the general members, for you really represent them when making these decisions.

Also, I ask you, please get to these in a timely manner. I know we are all busy with our lives, but when you ran for office you were aware that this would give you more responsibility than simply being a regular member. If you are going to be absent, or are not going to be on as frequently as you would like, please let us know so we can substitute someone in your place. The key to success is progression, and if people aren't participating we cannot be successful.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0707 seconds | Archive
AMARANTH SKINNED BY AUGUSTINE (COTY) OF RCR & RPG-U.