This skin is based on one created by Tim of the IF Skin Zone.

Welcome to Big Damn Verse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Log In:

News Scrolly Thingy

Welcome to Year Eight

"Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' fore she keens. Makes her a home."

Year Eight and Still Flyin'! Thank You, Everyone!

Advertising Etiquette
Jonestein
Posted: Aug 19 2006, 11:58 AM

Admin Team

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

New Members,

I set up "Badger's Den" as a place for folks to plug their wares, sites, etc., with the assumption that there was a mutual understanding regarding what I call "advertising etiquette". Well, you know what they say about the word "assume".

Some notes on when it's ok to plug something and when it is not:

1. It is NOT ok to join the BDV and immediately start plugging your site or wares without so much as a "hello, how ya doin, I'm <insert name here>". Sorry, that is just plain rude. Such "ads" will be considered spam and deleted.

2. If you are a regular contributor to the site and want to plug something for the first time, PM the Admin group first (Me, GrimJack, Ertia, and Syn), one of us will give you a thumbs up or down.

3. After we ok your first Badger's Den plug, and assuming you've continued with regular participation in the site, subsequent plugs can be made without PMing the Admin group. If you want to be double sure, feel free to PM us if you want.

Apologies for the curt sounding post, but sometimes you just have to spell things out so everyone is on the same page.

Thanks for your cooperation.

-Jonestein
Big Damn Ogre

Topic Options

Big Damn User Legend
Admin | Moderator | Forum Moderator | Member | NPC | Guest
Proud Member Of:

Firefly Fansite WebRing
This Firefly WebRing Site
is owned by
The BDV Admin Team

Firefly Webring Navigation