This skin is based on one created by Tim of the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Big Damn Verse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Log In:

News Scrolly Thingy

Welcome to Year Eight

"Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' fore she keens. Makes her a home."

Year Eight and Still Flyin'! Thank You, Everyone!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Serenity Valley, The Friars Club
Hagar
Posted: Feb 6 2009, 01:56 PM

Lovin' Magic

Group: NPC
Member No.: 790

“First I was afraid , I was petrified...

Oh no. No, he wasn't!

"Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side..."

Oh yes. He was.

Hagar had to swallow twice to avoid the snigger that threatened to burst forth as Jaelle broke off and headed for cover.

"So far so good, though I believe the new guy might wet himself,"

"As I might if Nate keeps that up..." Hagar quipped in whisper. Gerald and Hagar flanked Melody as they approached Cribbs and the 'new guy'. The military bearing and crisp uniform strides Gerald and Melody instinctively fell to were oddly offset by Hagar's loping swagger. He recognized it... that jab of pain deep in his veins reminding him that he was no soldier, that the war had passed him by in a youth recklessly spent.

Melody nodded crisply to the men outside the cabin and stepped back, letting the showman in to do his thing and Hagar shook off the ghosts of his past and darted forward. Time to show his worth.

"Gentlemen! Lovely place for a congenial meet-up." His bright stage-voice boomed into the night, his best grin appearing like magic. The dank musty decaying cabin, the echoes of the valley night overshadowed by the grave rocks- giants tombstones against the backdrop of moonlight. Was probably a lovely place to someone, Hagar reflected as he reached out his palm for a quick shake, "Let's get these goodies packed, shall we?"

The private's palm was slicked with nervous sweat and the magician grinned disarmingly, nodding to Melody and Gerald as he rather obviously wiped his now-dampened hand on his coat. "I think we're gallantly good here."

He stepped past the young private into the cabin, his eyes adjusting to the shadows and locating the crates, his jovial patter continuing, "That's just the thing to brighten any dark gloomy night, wouldn't you say?"

It was the click of the pistol behind him that brought his hands to a halt on the crates, where he'd just started to verify the contents.

"Hold it!" The private was shaking, the gun in his hands flexing between Hagar's bulk inside the cabin, and the trio outside, "Just... hold it!! Cribbs, he's packing!!!"

Hagar had intended to make no secret of the long barrelled pistol jammed into the back of his belt- In fact, they were ALL carrying weapons. Blinking in confusion, he slowly moved his hands away from his sides and straightened, bantering quickly, almost blitheringly, "So, my charming new friend, are you. Unless I'm mistaken, in which case I'm hallucinating. And if your gun is a hallucination then you may be a hallucination, in which case I'm not really here, which is sad, because there's nowhere I'd rather be."

For a moment, the new kid on the job looked uncertain, the gun starting to lower, but then quivered, raising again.

"Tell you what... I'll put mine down, and you put yours down and we'll just get forget this ever happened ..." Singsonging the words, a cheerful lullabye to a frightened child, his fingers slowly lowered towards the butt of his pistol but already from the corner of his eye, near Melody and Gerald, he saw Cribbs draw his own side-arm, a compact military model.

Hagar found himself staring into the wide bright eyes of a very shaky young soldier. The situation had gone from congenial to deadly in just a heartbeat.
Raising his voice, just a hint, he cued their companions outside, deliberately using Nate's own signature, "Easy now, I've got all my life to live..."

Alliance fellows Godmodded with permission of Rex following his directions. Sorry, without Ian we're kind of improvising here...
Jaelle
Posted: Feb 7 2009, 12:50 PM

Mistress of Blades

Group: Members
Member No.: 652

A new voice came, aside from the two hushed soldiers, the lyrical baritone of the amazing Hagar. He made for a useful distraction, his voice drawing attention and masking any subtle sounds the underbrush could make beneath Jaelle's feet. Precariously she slithered through the shadows around the right side of the cabin. She came to the corner and eased her vision left, getting a good view of the scene.

"I think we're gallantly good here." "That's just the thing to brighten any dark gloomy night, wouldn't you say?"

Just then, the hammer on the Alliance grunt's pistol was pulled. They weren't going to be fooled outright. Hagar did his best to diffuse the situation but it didn't take. Jaelle could not have been less surprised, it seemed a rare thing that the Sherwood's initial plan went off without a hitch. Thankfully, they were all very good at improvisation. Cribbs, the superior officer had now drawn his weapon as well.

Jaelle sheathed one knife but kept the other drawn. The mercenary stalked through the brush, each step marked and careful until she was within reach. Suddenly she swept into the artificial light of the scene outside the cabin. She loomed behind Cribbs only for a moment, until she lifted the knife beneath his chin. Her forearm was used to hold him forward at a slight distance, while still pressing him slightly into the carve-held jagged oblivion awaiting in her hand. "Pretty gun." She commented on his side-arm, before gracing the curve of the blade over his adam's apple. "Drop it, both of yew." She commanded, pausing before adding matter-o-factly. "Or I vill gut heem like fish."
Nate Crawford
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 12:39 PM

Killer Queen

Group: Forum Moderators
Member No.: 797

"I've got all my life to live..."

Hearing the phrase from Hagar come over the comm, Nate gave a very slight nod and shifted his thumb to the safety catch and slide it downward a notch. He watched the scene play out beneath him and half a klick away, lined up the shot with the crosshairs centered on the nervous private's head. He was just about to take the shot when he heard Jaelle's distinct accent in his ear, so clear that she might as well have been standing next to him.

"Pretty gun. Drop it, both of yew. Or I vill gut heem like fish."

He cursed, pulled his finger away from the trigger and swung the rifle around to focus on the knife thrower and her hostage. She was behind the sergeant and in the line of fire and so close that the advantage of height Nate had was useless. “'rammit, get out of the way!” he said, and clicked the magnification back a few degrees so he could watch the scene below in its entirety. He would prefer to take down the nervous private first. The boy was likely to shoot without asking first, while the sergeant was a veteran who'd take things a little more in stride. “Say again, Merry Men, repeat, say again,” he sent as he aimed on the private's head again, his finger loose around the trigger, ready to take the shot if Hagar still wanted him to.
The Alliance
Posted: Feb 20 2009, 09:38 AM

'Coat

Member No.: 409

"Pretty gun."

Cribbs froze as the blade came against his throat, instantly palming his gun and holding it out flat, thumb stretched away from the trigger. Ruttin' tigress! He hadn't even seen her comin', and now he was two hairs from bein' throat split.

"Drop it, both of yew. Or I vill gut heem like fish."

Negatory. Make that ONE hair! Slow and easy, Cribbs lowered his gun, "Easy now. No trouble... Let's all just calm down..."

"Sarge?" Private Willies was shakin' in his boots.

Gorram rookie was gonna get 'em all killed... "Listen to the lady, Willie. Nobody's gotta die out here today."

"Ah, Gentlemen!" The loud flamboyant one with the obviously sly twitch, still playin the leader, spoke up again. He'd drawn his own weapons, the dual pistols pointed at them both, "We never come with trouble, but we always anticipate it! You are outgunned, outnumbered, and ... Ooops! That's right, little detail that slipped my mind! We have snipers in every rock and cranny from here to town. A word and you both die. Not that you want to die, but if you happen to have any particular suicidal longings, I think we can help...!"

Cribbs knee-bent and slowly lowered his weapon to the ground, his gaze flickering to the outcroppings, searching for evidence, but well trained snipers could hide anywhere. They could BE anywhere.

Willie, still clinging to his weapon, let it jerk from one target to the next, whites of his eyes showing as he glanced up into the darkness surrounded the cabin. Two seconds from snapping. Cribbs had to get this thing back into his control. And fast.
Hagar
Posted: Feb 20 2009, 09:58 AM

Lovin' Magic

Member No.: 790

OOC NOTE: E was playing both The Alliance and Hagar in the last posting- No godmodding intended, except of Imza's ex-husband, a privelege she would pay a good deal to have... ;)

"Jay, don't fillet him, peach. He's on our side, I'm simply sure of it." Hagar tucked one gun back into his belt, the other trained on the close-to-going-nilly-Willy and grabbed one end of a crate, letting Melody grab the other to swing it onto the mule. One loaded, two to go, Hagar reached into his pocket, withdrew a pair of shackles and tossed them to Cribbs, "Just put him out of the way for a moment."

“Say again, Merry Men, repeat, say again,”

Nate's voice in his ear, and his guns in his hands, Hagar struggled as quickly as he could to diffuse the situation before someone died. His next words were to Nate, but he delivered them with the impact of a ringmaster, "Just give them something to think about...He doesn't want to die, any more than we do."

Hagar grinned as, in a show of good faith, he tucked his other gun into his belt. "At least, I don't want to die today. Can't speak for the rest of you."
Jaelle
Posted: Feb 21 2009, 01:57 AM

Mistress of Blades

Group: Members
Member No.: 652

"Easy now. No trouble... Let's all just calm down..."

The, somewhat calm considering the circumstances, Alliance officer talked his man down. She wasn't in the ideal position to grab him unfortunately, not that it made a terrible difference in their happy case.

"Ah, Gentlemen!" The loud flamboyant one with the obviously sly twitch, still playin the leader, spoke up again. He'd drawn his own weapons, the dual pistols pointed at them both, "We never come with trouble, but we always anticipate it! You are outgunned, outnumbered, and ... Ooops! That's right, little detail that slipped my mind! We have snipers in every rock and cranny from here to town. A word and you both die. Not that you want to die, but if you happen to have any particular suicidal longings, I think we can help...!"

The threat was effective on Cribbs, it was not, however effective on the private.

"rammit, get out of the way!”

Her ear buzzed with the annoyed chatter of Nathan. Jaelle stifled a chuckle, that instead injected humor into her smile. "Yew hear dat? The queen has yew in sights...he vants to be blowing your brains all over de nice dry cleaned uniforms." Eyes narrowed while turning to ice, fixating the private. "Shewd I let him? Or vould yew live to bed a woman again?" She offered the possibilities as if they were both equal in chance and she were indifferent to the outcome. Clearly a conflicting method from Hagar's.
Nate Crawford
Posted: Feb 21 2009, 02:29 PM

Killer Queen

Group: Forum Moderators
Member No.: 797

Nate watched as the situation below began to get FUBAR'd, ground his teeth as he kept his finger loose on the trigger with the nervous private still in the scope's crosshairs, even as Hagar attempted to defuse the tension. It didn't seem to be working, the gun-wielding private was still trying to keep everyone in his sights, thinking – perhaps – that if he moved his weapon fast enough he could shoot all of them.

"Just give them something to think about...He doesn't want to die, any more than we do."

Nate clicked on the laser, he hated using that thing, it wasn't necessary, but right now it served a purpose. It saved him from wasting a bullet and saved him from giving away his position with a loud shot. “Tell the jitterbug to look down at his chest,” he sent, subvocalising the sentence and moved his aim from the private's head to his chest, a red dot painted there by the laser, dead-steady and unwavering.

"Yew hear dat? The queen has yew in sights...he vants to be blowing your brains all over de nice dry cleaned uniforms. Shewd I let him? Or vould yew live to bed a woman again?"

He was close to scolding Jaelle again, for contradicting Hagar's boasting of them having the whole forest chock full of snipers, but her statement had given him an idea. Once the private looked down to see the dot on his chest, the Queen let that dot travel downward, slow and steady until it stopped at his crotch, a threat to the private's privates. “And ask him if he'd like to sing soprano for the rest of his life.”
The Alliance
Posted: Feb 24 2009, 03:47 PM

'Coat

Member No.: 409

Willy was shaking so hard his boots left a trebbled trail in the dust as he followed the southward trail of the laser site. The gun fell from his fingers with a thunk and he backed up, hands in the air, eyes glancing, not to the rest of them now, but towards alternate escape routes.

"Jeezus. Willy, sit yer butt down 'afore they put it down!" The cold flush that Cribbs felt rush over his entire body left an icewater sweat in it's place. The older man glanced around the clearing, the realization that the danger was passing clarifying in the old sergeant's mind,"Gotta say, you jiggers give insane a whole new def."

"Get yer stuff loaded up an' get movin." He sighed as muscles aching with tension eased, "We all got reps to maintain..." With a smirk, Cribbs glanced to Melody, "'Cept yours just took a pace or two closer to monkey-ruttin-crazy."
The Sherwood
Posted: Feb 24 2009, 04:13 PM

Showboat

Member No.: 789

Within moments, the cargo has been loaded on the mule and the team has been rejoined by Nate and returned to the shuttle whole and unharmed. And with the addition of a new bonus Alliance issue pistol courtesy of the jumping-bean private.

They return to The Sherwood with the relieved laughter and high spirits that accompany any succesful heist. They'd done it! They stolen the deal and gotten away scot-free.

Or had they?

Away-Team continues back at The Sherwood
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Big Damn User Legend
Admin | Moderator | Forum Moderator | Member | NPC | Guest
Proud Member Of:

Firefly Fansite WebRing
This Firefly WebRing Site
is owned by
The BDV Admin Team

Firefly Webring Navigation