This skin is based on one created by Tim of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Big Damn Verse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Log In:

News Scrolly Thingy

Welcome to Year Eight

"Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' fore she keens. Makes her a home."

Year Eight and Still Flyin'! Thank You, Everyone!

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

The Dingle -
Sonya Gulliver
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 11:53 AM

Big Damn Hero

Group: OC
Member No.: 474

Sonya didn't like that Roman motioned her like that, but she moved close to him anyway, looked as demure as she could.
'maybe it's some sorta routine.'

"I gotta talk fast. Try ta keep up, muscle-head."
"I know you."
"An know more 'bout you than I feel good about knowin', if you know what I mean."

'is that something to be admitting?
to Roman?'

Sonya smiled.

And then, the.. contact.. jabbered on. . .
'how is it these high intellect techies can do the finer bits of coding and such, yet speak like..'
.. and on...
Sonya remembered the trade off, she'd learn to be a little lady, if they let her have the flying lessons, and yes... she'd compete in the athletics. And the flight instructor said that was important, to be able to speak well, it helped in understanding the mathematics, and to conduct one's self in a proper manner, then he tried to reach down her top and she split his lip with her elbow.

She giggled,
'nah, it was more like some kind of Yang and Yin, the brain with the binary and the mouth with the infinite yacky.'

Sonya listened,
and the jabber continued,

Sonya considered putting her fingers in her ears, 'was I supposed to be hearing this? secret moon bases?'

"..... so you two best get on gone 'afore he gets here. I told him who I was fetchin' in, not how they were gettin' here. An' not that I don't trust 'im, but let's just say there ain't a good cop gone wrong who won't jump at the chance to be right."

'BOTH?' she thought.
'and the one? that'd be me then?'

"Been uber-shine meetin' you both." Riadon tossed the chip to Roman, "An' I'd like to say see ya again soon, but I don't reckon that's in the waves, yah?"

From somewhere up the street, the low throated howl of a police issue hover-bike faintly reached above the distant streetsounds.

Sonya Gulliver froze up. They didn't have much time, a part of her didn't want to go, but there wasn't any choice. This couldn't be her life.
'offer to fly them, that gobble he was spattin sounded on the diffi, I could fly it.. no.'

"O.K. then. You guys get going."

She bumped a shoulder into Roman and reached to give Sammy a hug, then intended to turn away. Sonya tried to think of them as crims she was getting clear of, they surely wouldn't have any emotion to show her. She didn't want to see that, a no emotion good riddance from her kidnappers.

It was a good lie, even if she didn't believe it.

Octavius C. Roman
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 05:10 PM

A real nice guy.

Group: Members
Member No.: 304

Alleyway

"I gotta talk fast. Try ta keep up, muscle-head." "I know you." "An know more 'bout you than I feel good about knowin', if you know what I mean."

"Not a big fan of my work I take it?" replied Octavius, smelling the fear coming off the man and smiling. "That's okay you don't have to be, but please do go on."

"The company I work for has a moon. Whole moon. All theirs. It's some kind o' wacko retreat. They come by it from the 'lliance. Af'ter the war, didn't need it, so my boss bought it as a govo-clearance thing. They got maybe two hundred miles, maybe three bein' used up, but there's a lot ... whole lot ... they don't touch. Some of it's toxic waste dump, abandoned munitions... all kinda fun for the right party."

"But it would be my kinda party, wouldn't it?" asked Octavius, arching an eyebrow. "Anythin' else we should know about this place?"

"Alliance installations, deep in the woods, or flat out on the plains, ain't touched since the war. I was cleanin' up the signal, yah? The bits of dreg bouncing out of ole tech in those bunkers and stuff- Alliance took the 'lites with 'em when they abandoned it... Those sigs got nowhere to go, just bounce around out there in the wilds wit' ta beasties, ya got? All encrypted ... There's no cryp i can't worm, though, 'ventually."

"Yeah. Uh huh." replied Octavius, secretly wishing he had some earplugs. "Didn't Sonya have some earphones with that PDA of hers'? Wonder if she'll let me borrow them?" he thought to himself, as he compared the jabbering man in front of him to the late Jabbrar.

"Soap says you saw the clip I sent."

"Soap says right." he replied, noting that the fear was still coming off the man in droves. "What's with this kid?" He thought to himself. "It's like he thinks I'm goin' to snap his neck like a gorram twig cause he's got diarrhea of the mouth ." Although he did consider doing that, Octavius decided against it and relaxed his arms a little, as he casually asked, "What about it?"

"Tha's where it come from. Nihalchi, she's secret, coords off the map an' all, that's the way Unity likes it. Way the 'liance likes it."

"So exactly how are we goin' to find this Nihalchi if she ain't on the map?" asked Octavius, uncrossing his arms to scratch at his head.

"'This here? This's your co-ords, along with the signal marker where I pulled that vid. Don't screw your traj, al'right, ducky? That planets got no 'lites, so she's blind out there. You overshoot, an' you better have more than a Traj and Course Calc manual, dong ma?"

"Did he just call me a duck?" thought Octavius as he said, "Got it."

"Speakin' on 'lliance, my Fed 'tact is on his way any minute, so you two best get on gone 'afore he gets here. I told him who I was fetchin' in, not how they were gettin' here. An' not that I don't trust 'im, but let's just say there ain't a good cop gone wrong who won't jump at the chance to be right."

"Yeah." muttered Octavius, as his ears picked up the sounds of a police issued hover bike before any of the others could. "Tell me about it."

"Been uber-shine meetin' you both." "An' I'd like to say see ya again soon, but I don't reckon that's in the waves, yah?"

"If everythin' goes accordin' to plan, my man, we'll be like a fadin' memory." said Octavius as he pocketed the chip. "But if you see me in a not-so-nice mood standin' behind you in your bathroom, then you'll know it went bad." Octavius smiled and added, "Have a nice day."

"O.K. then. You guys get going."

"Be safe, kiddo." replied Octavius, giving her a smile. Then with a wink, he added, "It was fun while it lasted." Turning to the Kitten, he asked, "You mind if I take the flight controls, Kit? Give you some time to relax or reclaim your spot on that Bayden's game of yours'."
Sammy
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 03:10 PM

Hacker

Member No.: 231

"OK, you guys get going."

Sammy surprised herself. When Sonya reached out to hug her, she found herself hugging back, even though the pressure on her new-healed skin hurt.

Drawing back, she kept her hands on the other woman's arms for a moment, meeting her gaze. Somehow, beneath the prickled surface of her bitterness, frustrations and fears, Sam found a small genuine smile, "Sorry, Sonya. For all of this. You've been great, really, and you didn't need a po fu like me ridin' you the whole time... You just... You watch your back, okay? And look out for that boy, all right? He should be proud of his mom."

A half-smile and Sam turned away, slapping Riadon on the palm as she stepped past him, "Catch ya in the Quest, Hip."

She looped her arm through Roman's, giving the illusion of unity, of friendship. In reality, she was just too physically tired to make it on her own. Tugging him slightly, she pulled him towards the far end of the alley, away from Murriegh Avenue. Glancing back over her shoulder, she half-raised her hand in farewell, "Sonya? Thanks. For everything. And great flyin'."

"You mind if I take the flight controls, Kit? Give you some time to relax or reclaim your spot on that Bayden's game of yours'."

"Yeah," She glanced up at Roman as they walked away, lightly butting her head against his arm as she conceaded, "Yeah, I think you better fly for a while."

Moose
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 03:38 PM

Civilian

Group: NPC
Member No.: 776

Detective Ira Moser, better known as Moose, whisked through the streets of The Dingle. Where the bruises from his encounter with the Ares Shield were faded and gone, the contusions his pride had suffered still lingered. That little blonde bitch, the one eyed rat, and that dark knife-packing bastard... One day he was gonna see 'em all hanged high.

Or Sandoval would. And that was good enough for Ira.

The hover bike roared beneath him, smooth as butter on the breeze. The local Dingle PD ruttin' hated this thing. Wanted him to spin around in one of their silent electric street cruisers. Those things had no guts, no oomph. The hover bike said 'got the balls to do the job', whereas what did those electric street cruisers say? Pansy-puff pink fluffy hand-cuff carrying pushover?

Ira Moser was no pink-fluffy pushover, whatever else he may be. Thick brown eyes gleamed under the slowly raising streetlights as he rolled up to the address that Hip had given him. Chalky little bastard, Riadon was. One day, Ira'd put him away properly but in the meanwhile Riadon was a useful little pet to have around.

There wasn't much payoff in this gig, except for some goodwill, he supposed. Some famous party-brat ran around with some big bad crime sorts and now she wanted her life back. Thinking back over the cover story Riadon had fed him, Ira decided as he slid to the curb and lowered the bike onto it's struts that it wasn't a bad story.

It just needed a few adjustments.

Strolling into the alley- Seeing the lean hacker leaning on his scooter, slumped under the streetlight- It seemed a back alley dealing, like back when he was a beat cop. It almost brought a smile to his face. Almost.

It was the lingering look of fear in Riadon's eye that did let Moose at least smirk. Somethin' spooked the little weasel good, and sadly, Moose realized that he couldn't take the credit for it.

The hot blond in the suit, though, brought the biggest grin he'd carried in a while. Keeping his eyes locked on her, he addressed Riadon, "So, this is your bounty? This one I'll take in for free!"

Pulling of a leather Alliance PD issue glove, he extended his hand to Sonya with a side-long wink, "Just kiddin'. This one is free. 'Danny-boy, get lost. I got it from here. And don't hit my bike on your way out."

"My badge says Moser, but you, miss, can call me Ira. We can do this here, or somewhere more comfy. Entirely up to you."
Sonya Gulliver
Posted: Oct 25 2008, 04:52 PM

Big Damn Hero

Sonya couldn't reply aloud, just mouthed 'good luck' to the two of them
and a gave a wave, her hand over her heart and then sort of a fly-away gesture. Some old good bye that she remembered from a long time ago.

She tried to focus on who she'd been to handed over to.

The new guy had a big grin, and was staring at her like he was about to feed. The man address addressed Riadon, "So, this is your bounty? This one I'll take in for free!"

'oh, great, not bounty hunters.' She looked back toward Sammy and Octavius.. 'no, they wouldn't just... '

The man pulled off a leather Alliance PD issue glove, extended his hand to Sonya with a side-long wink, "Just kiddin'. This one is free. 'Danny-boy, get lost. I got it from here. And don't hit my bike on your way out."

She shook his hand, getting a slight advantage on the grip, which men tended to not be cautious of with women, and gave it hard squeeze. Narrowed her eyes as she did, with a little smirk.
'careful now'
Sonya let go.

"My badge says Moser, but you, miss, can call me Ira. We can do this here, or somewhere more comfy. Entirely up to you."

"Ira." She nodded. 'do what here or?'
She stalled, trying to figure, did he mean comfy in an ironic sense?

"Could I see that badge Ira?"

He seemed in a good mood, finding her.
It was a good thing, and Roman, Sammy... and 'yech' Soap said she'd be safe. 'Play it nice, over nice.'

"I think some comfort would be nice." She smiled to equal Ira's, having all but forgotten Raidon. "What did you have in mind exactly?"

Moose
Posted: Oct 26 2008, 02:18 PM

Civilian

"Ira. Could I see that badge Ira?"

He slid back his loose black kevlar jacket to expose the badge at his belt and handed over his ID card with his badge number.

Bellerophon Allied Police Department
Detective Ira Moser
Badge # 34-2780-981
Interdepartmental Relations

While she inspected it, he inspected her. She looked good, which was surprising considering the reputation of the man who kidnapped her. He'd expected bruising, marks of trauma. Aside from her slightly wide gaze, the hesitation when he arrived, he didn't see any symptoms of strain. He was glad he just has the one to deal with. The other hostage was apparently some kind of underworld figure, with friends in the right, or maybe all the wrong, places. That just made Sonya Gulliver, fallen celebrity, his responsibility.

"I think some comfort would be nice. What did you have in mind exactly?"

"The restaurant just up the street here is French Chinese fusion, excellent mushroom and foi gras stuffed bao." He smiled, showing his even white teeth, "It's all on expense, so why not?"

Leading the way up the street, he stepped quickly in front of her to open the door into Morigo Restaurante` where glimmering candlelight from large inviting white-curtained windows whispered into the darkness of the gathering evening. Inside, he asked a primly dressed Hostess for the quietest corner and let Sonya lead the way, pausing to pull out the chair for her. Even women with crush-factor handshakes sometimes appreciated a spot of chivalry.

Seating himself, Moose rapidly scanned the menu, ordered an appetizer of crusted bread topped with sweet pesto and yellow tomato, and a bottle of red wine, then, as soon as the server had left them, rested his elbows on the table and met Sonya's gaze directly, "Before I turn this on," He dropped the recorder on the table between them, "We should get everything straight. Officially, you were kidnapped by two of the most brutal criminals the 'Verse has seen since the Santo Slasher was caught. Now, I take it that you were..."

Moose paused, took a sip of water, and offered Sonya a quickly faded smile, "Held against your will onboard a stolen ship. That you were..." He circled his thumb and forefinger around his own wrist, "Kept bound?" His hands released, passed over his eyes, "Perhaps blindfolded? Secluded from the other hostage? I think the official record should stand that you are unaware of the fate of the other hostage, but that you believe they might have killed her."

"Now it's your turn. I need you to fill in the blanks before we record this for the record. Were you mistreated at all?" Rubbing his thick palms together, he let his gaze stray to the window, thick shadows over his eyes as he hid his own thoughts from Mz. Gulliver, "Roman and O'Malley... Did they torture you? Beat you? Rape you? Were you fed? Or let to starve? When did you last see them? Do you know where they might be headed? Delete that last bit..." His gaze returned to hers full force, "I think you perhaps you overheard something that leads towards the Core, don't you?"
Sonya Gulliver
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 11:51 AM

Big Damn Hero

Bellerophon Allied Police Department
Detective Ira Moser
Badge # 34-2780-981
Interdepartmental Relations

Sonya kept the I.D. card, looked it over as they walked,
he let her, like it was a business card or something.

He was a Bellerophon assigned Fed. He was a cop.
Sonya's experience with Fed cop detectives had not been good.
Whatever they say, they're going to lock you up, she held onto the I.D. and readied for some tricks.

Seating himself, Moose rapidly scanned the menu, ordered an appetizer of crusted bread topped with sweet pesto and yellow tomato, and a bottle of red wine.

"Same but juice."

Ira rested his elbows on the table and met Sonya's gaze directly, "Before I turn this on," He dropped the recorder on the table between them, "We should get everything straight. Officially, you were kidnapped by two of the most brutal criminals the 'Verse has seen since the Santo Slasher was caught. Now, I take it that you were..."

Sonya just nodded, 'officially?'

Moose paused, took a sip of water, and offered Sonya a quickly faded smile, "Held against your will onboard a stolen ship. That you were..." He circled his thumb and forefinger around his own wrist, "Kept bound?"

She nodded again, "Yeah."
'O.K. I get it. This guy is going to lead me on ..He wants the Fay-fay di-pian. '
so.. o.k. but it could be a trick, so.. so. just be careful.

[/b] His hands released, passed over his eyes, "Perhaps blindfolded? Secluded from the other hostage? I think the official record should stand that you are unaware of the fate of the other hostage, but that you believe they might have killed her."

'not lead, tell me what to say, . WAIT, her? Sammy was a , the other hostage?'
She smiled and half-failed to suppress a little laugh. It looked nervous though.
'right, he's here to help me, what does he know though?'

"Now it's your turn. I need you to fill in the blanks before we record this for the record. Were you mistreated at all?" Rubbing his thick palms together, he let his gaze stray to the window, thick shadows over his eyes as he hid his own thoughts from Mz. Gulliver, "Roman and O'Malley... Did they torture you? Beat you? Rape you? Were you fed? Or let to starve? When did you last see them? Do you know where they might be headed? Delete that last bit..." His gaze returned to hers full force, "I think you perhaps you overheard something that leads towards the Core, don't you?"

"Right, the core. He said something about going core-ward."
She couldn't lie worth a half cred, even if he fed them to her.
Not straight out, she had to work it. Think about Ian-boo.
"He pointed a gun at me all the time. I thought about running, but,"
Sonya leaned in over her plate, looked up at Ira.
‘He'd be alone, papa's out playing on his own spaceship, so don’t rut this up.’
She whispered, sounded a little ashamed,
"I just wanted to get back, somehow Ira, someway, you can understand that? I just ... " She thought of Ian, wondering if Mama was coming back.

It made her throat tighten up a bit, she looked away, it did not sound matter-of-fact; more like she was just trying to get through it.
"No, he just pushed me around, pointed guns, lots of, . threats."
Sonya answered in no particular order, didn't have a concern on what she did actually answer, or not.

'don't get tricky, don't talk too much'
Sonya fumbled with the I.D.
'interdeparmental relations? what the.. '

"On Paquin," like it just came to her, though she'd trying to sort out if she should mention Soap.
'oh gose, should I have mentioned that? prolly vid of it sure, sure'
now pay attention.

"I thought I was going to get, that they'd let me go then, but he. Mister Roman that is." She said Mister Roman like a kid would say boogyman.
Sonya looked at him, bedroomy eyes that needed empathy; all worked up thinking about her baby.
'maybe I overdid it with that mister roman bit'
"He said.. he said he'd kill just some kids at random... if I tried to run."

Again she looked at her still empty plate. "That the kind of thing you need to know?"
Her reflection in the plate wanted to smile.
'Bei bi shiou ren! This is serious, he could send you to jail if he just gets a bit pissy, or I don't spill it just right.'

"Is that the kind of thing I need to say?"

She looked back up at him, asking him with her eyes,
reached toward him to hand him his I.D. back.
'you'll help me won't you?'

Big fat lie – Fay-fay di-pian
Pathetic wretch – Bei bi shiou ren
Moose
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 11:09 AM

Civilian

"I thought I was going to get, that they'd let me go then, but he. Mister Roman that is.... He said.. he said he'd kill just some kids at random... if I tried to run.

"That sounds like our boy." Moose nodded slowly, watching her closely. She was a nervous wreck, terrified of saying the wrong thing. It was always a rush, that sensation of having someone on the breaking point. a glimmer of tear widened dark brown eyes, the flare of fear in the girl kneeling at his feet, waiting for Manny to torture her little friend. Like a rugby player glimpsing the open net through the opposing team, a sports fisherman spotting the marlin strike right before the line went taut: It was The Game. The Gift. The Moment. What every adrenalin junky lived for.

He gave an inward shrug. Just a shame she wasn't the suspect.

"That the kind of thing you need to know?"

A slow smile spread across Moose's face as their drinks arrived. Sampling the wine and finding it more than passingly good, he poured Sonya a glass as well, "Relax, sweetheart." He assured her with calm confidence, the tones that cops learned early on to soothe the traumatized, to coax the witnesses past their fears and into their comfort zones, "You're doin' just fine. I'm not your enemy, not out to get you in any way. We're just tryin' to make sure you aren't going to be seen as any sort of accomplice. That everything you did was for your survival."

He gestured the food, "Come on. Bet you haven't had a decent meal in weeks. Rest, unwind and we'll just talk this out."

An hour later, plates emptied, wine bottle only half-empty, Moose clicked off the recorder and added his digital thumbprint to the file, "I think we've covered everything, Mz. Gulliver."

"For your peace of mind, Riadon assures me he's handling the press and paparazzi side of things. Former star athlete in seclusion after kidnapping, asks that privacy is respected, etcetera."

The burly cop gulped down the last of the wine in his glass, "Now, procedure requires I take you to the nearest hospital for a physical exam and psychiatric appraisal. But..." One molasses eye blinked shut in a morose wink, "That's entirely up to you. I can always say in my report that you refused treatment. If you want a doc, we can do that, or not. I'd say we could go back to my place and I can check you out personally, but at this point, I'm afraid that would be an abuse of my authority."

He winked again, settled back in his chair, hands apart and flat on the table, "You're free to go, Mz. Gulliver, and get on with living your life."
Sonya Gulliver
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 03:05 PM

Big Damn Hero

He poured Sonya a glass as well, "Relax, sweetheart,"

Detective Mesmer did his thing, pushed a little wine, soothed her like a lullaby.

"Come on. Bet you haven't had a decent meal in weeks. Rest, unwind and we'll just talk this out."

Sonya ate. It felt a little like a last supper.
The story had enough holes even she could drive a freighter through it, but somehow he nodded just right to get her to say a bit more;
Ira frowned, or she thought he did; when she needed to avoid explaining in any detail. All in one continuous recording; there would be no technical objections to the transcript.

‘Interpersonal relations, hmfph’

An hour later, plates emptied, wine bottle only half-empty, Moose clicked off the recorder and added his digital thumbprint to the file, "I think we've covered everything, Mz. Gulliver."

Now she expected the other foot to drop. The bad cop shows up, steps on every obvious crossed wire, and if there isn’t one, trips her up to make one.

"For your peace of mind, Riadon assures me he's handling the press and paparazzi side of things. Former star athlete in seclusion after kidnapping asks that privacy is respected, etcetera."

'right, making like the fix is in. ok.. I hope you're connected, it's all square.
it don't make sense... I don't care.'

Sonya nodded like she was impressed rather than hopeful.

The burly cop gulped down the last of the wine in his glass,
"Now, procedure requires I take you to the nearest hospital for a physical exam and psychiatric appraisal. But..."
One molasses eye blinked shut in a morose wink,
"That's entirely up to you. I can always say in my report that you refused treatment. If you want a doc, we can do that, or not. I'd say we could go back to my place and I can check you out personally, but at this point, I'm afraid that would be an abuse of my authority."
He winked again, settled back in his chair, hands apart and flat on the table,
"You're free to go, Mz. Gulliver, and get on with living your life."

“I couldn’t ask you to abuse your authority, besides I got a thing about cops.”
‘and animals and rusty machines, and itchy mustaches.. ,’
Sonya couldn't help but smile, though she made it look a little flirty as she continued,
“Nothin’ personal, you’ll just have to abuse yourself.”

She smiled friendly enough as she stood up, pretty sure he'd enjoy her taking a little shot.
“Thanks Ira, good luck with the Roman.”
'you'll ruttin need it'
Though Sonya figured Ira wasn’t likely to ever get himself within a parsec of Octavius, he seemed a little smarter than that.
Sonya Gulliver took a deep breath, looking at Ira like she was reconsidering his offer, she wasn't, then walked off toward the docks.

One thing now.
The cortex booths, back at the docks;
cash, which she has enough of to talk for a good long time.
If she could just get that far, get a call through.
Let me talk to him.

'Then I don’t care if it’s a trick or not. Just let me make the call.'

Sonya Continued in -
The Dancer: The End of It All
Octavius C. Roman
Posted: Oct 29 2008, 05:46 PM

A real nice guy.

Member No.: 304

"Yeah," "Yeah, I think you better fly for a while."

The Dingle: Almost on the Onion

The experimented on killer and the reconstructed computer hacker wound their way through side streets and alleys on their quest to return to the Glass Onion, which hopefully was still docked at the Dingle. Truth be told they both were tired, physically as well as mentally. When they reached the Onion, Octavius almost had to drag the Kitten into the cargo bay, but she managed to make it under her own power.

"After we get the coordinates plugged in, why don't you crash for a while." replied Octavius as the cargo bay doors behind them. "I'll wake you when somethin' comes up or I need you to take the controls." He gave her a smile and continued, "I promise."
Sammy
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 09:27 AM

Hacker

Member No.: 231

A grateful tired smile graced her lips. Sammy was eighty-two percent certain Roman had some reason other than altruism for offering to fly, but the other eighteen percent, the percentile that told her he needed her as much as she needed him, called a summit, brought all of it's arguements to the table, and the rest of her found that it was just too tired to fight anymore.

"Yeah, thanks." She muttered, forcing herself to let go of his tree-trunk arm to waver alone on her own two feet. "I'll... I'm just gonna rest a bit... Don't let me sleep too long."

Staggering, she made her way to the one single bunk, dropped her clothes to the floor and curled, naked and worn, into the blankets. As she drifted off, she found herself staring at the ring of ink around her finger. Diggs was alive. And she would find him.

And what happens then, Kitten? What happens when you've found him?

Like asking what one would do if they suddenly learned they were dying... or a dying man told he would live... She wasn't prepared to answer.

The Glass Onion
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 09:41 AM

'Versal

Member No.: 651

Refueled and re-registered, The Glass Onion tore through Bellerophon's atmosphere, leaving behind the surprisingly willing hostage, Sonya Gulliver. She wouldn't know it, at least not for a long while, but her brief stay with the killer and the con had been the glowing coal that would blaze to heat a forge that would shape both Roman and Diggory in the days to come.

Of the remaining occupants of The Glass Onion, a singular glance might reveal polar opposites, warrior and pacifist, brawn and brain, courage and fear. But even as Sammy slept, and Roman's muscle-rippled hands piloted the tiny ship towards the unknown, the connection had been welded.

As different as they were, as seperate as any two worlds that had ever existed, yet they were much the same. Both prisoners to their pasts, and the wrongs done to them, they were, here in the surrounding Black of a hostile universe, merely two lost souls seeking answers to their pasts.

Glowing twin engines flared green against the stars, and the little Minnow gleamed her way towards the first answer- a lost planet known as Nihalchi.

OOC: The Adventures of Sammy & Octavius Continue HERE!
Bolen
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 01:39 AM

Blue Sun Agent #45879

Member No.: 558

PART OF KASERN'S TALE

Bolen paced agitatedly along the ships berths, ...ten eleven twelve, turn, one, two three... his customary frown drowning the snarl that lurked there.

He had underestimated Bradley. Perhaps all of Kasern. Or perhaps he was wrong entirely.

six seven eight He was never wrong. He should have killed Bradley, purged the entire ship. and caused a scene? His superiors had made it very clear, even though he'd argued. His methods were secure. His record spoke for itself. But it had all changed at the home-office. Since Michelle Wedgewood had deep-ended it, the agency had become more cautious. No scenes. No issues.

No more mistakes.

twelve turn one two One. Two. Three.

In an uncharacteristic show of frustration, Bolen's fist pounded a docking post. He neither wanted nor needed to babysit anyone. And he sure as hell didn't need anyone telling him how to do his job.

Standing in the berth still warm from Kasern's exit-thrusters, Bolen stretched his neck muscles with three rolls of his head and cracked his now bruised knuckles. The movement down the dockside alerted him and he turned, stilling his pacing, standing at attention, waiting.

They were coming. One and Two.

two by two. minus one makes three.
Tina
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 06:40 AM

Civilian

Member No.: 932

Pacing... pacing... the pale blue eyes of a twelve year old girl watched the agitated man as he walked. They watched from afar, analyzing the blue sun man with distinct interest... One contemplated his careful steps, the other his careful counting. He was a lone wolf who would think them mere pups, but he would learn. They always did.

"We don't need this guy." muttered a 16 year old boy to the girls left, his eyes scanning the area in a rapid monotony of thoughts and plans.

"Lets see if he can count to three...

"Mom said to do what he says..."

They didn't need him, it was true... They already knew enough to proceed on their own, but Tina knew that the queen and her knights could always use an extra pawn... one could never predict the usefulness of having assets to sacrifice, and they would never get anywhere in life without learning to use the people given to them.

"So we tell mom he was a loose cannon who needed to be.. tied up..."

Tina's eyes flashed furiously as she glared at him, "It's a test Martin!" The boy flinched visibly from Tina's anger, eyes wandering to his feet in shame, "We do what we're told or we go Elsewhere... you know that mother still doesn't trust us."

Martin muttered something along the lines of consent and they set out towards the man, side by side... one and two down the docks towards the counting blue sun man... following his careful steps and his careful counting. It was all just another test... another training exercise... a demonstration of their loyalty an ability.

"We don't have any rope anyways..."

Three laughed, but only two could be heard by the agent. Before he could say or do anything, Tina pulled a picture from her pocket and held it up to the man with her most innocent smile.

"Hey mister...

(Posted Image)

... have you seen my brother?"
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Big Damn User Legend
Admin | Moderator | Forum Moderator | Member | NPC | Guest
Proud Member Of:

Firefly Fansite WebRing
This Firefly WebRing Site