Big Damn Rules
These here rules are to be followed at all times.
Failure to adhere to said rules will result in me going to get my Chain of Command.
Multiple infractions will lead to a one-way trip to the airlock, dong-ma?
- Jayne Cobb 'Public Relations'
The 10 Ruttin Commandments
1. First and foremost, respect your fellow role-players. It's that simple. If you have a problem, handle it privately (flaming will not be tolerated). If maturity doesn't work, contact an Admin or a Moderator.
2. While we do not promote gratuitous violence, language, or sexual content, this is an adult oriented board. If you are offended by rated "R" material (or can't get in to a rated R movie), please reconsider your role-playing options.
3. When applying make sure you select the appropriate application template for your character (Canon or Original). Fill in the application completely and post it as a new topic. An Admin or Mod will respond/comment on your application as soon as possible (we strive for within 48 hours).
4. No God Moding! You control your character and your character only. The thoughts, actions, and reactions of other characters are the responsibility of that character's player.(Admin Note: If a player deeply invloved in a storyline goes M.I.A. or simply fails to post within a week, the Admins reserve the right to progress a plot, which may require a very limited form of god-moding of the vacant character. If a player does not return to their character or notify an Admin of an extended absence, the character in question will be removed from the storyline as soon as it is feasible.)
5. As a board rule, please post 'in character' once every three (3) days, and also, adhere to the posting requirements of the ship/thread you join. Most threads allow the usual 3 days between posts, but make sure you are aware of your thread's specific policy.
6. When RPing, please allow 'posting' time for all of the other members of the thread instead of just two or three people. A natural 'order' should be followed to help the story 'flow' easily when it's read and prevent events from moving too quickly, leaving players and characters out of the loop. If someone goes rogue, please contact an Admin or Mod.
7. As a courtesy to other players, please spell/grammar check your posts. Also, all posts are to be in Third Person Past Tense.
8. We value your opinions. If you have an idea for plots, board enhancements, or virtually anything else, we would love to hear them. This is your 'Home in the 'Verse' too...help us make it better.
9. Listen to your Admins and Moderators. If you should have a problem communicating/dealing with an Admin or Mod, please contact another and explain your point of contention. If you just want to 'shoot the breeze', we (Admins and Mods) will try and be 'out and about' in the chatroom (once it's online), and we are always available through PM/E-mail.
10. Last but not least...Let's have some gorram fun!. Nobody needs extra drama or a part-time political career so try and keep non-fun non-Verse related arguments to a zero.
Board header © 2003 InvisionFree
Can be freely used on any InvisionFree board (Topic)
ALL Firefly, Serenity material including characters, Firefly/Serenity photos & graphics belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, 20th Century Fox, and Universal Studios. The Big Damn Verse is NOT affiliated with any of the above. We make no profit, nor do we ever intend to.