The Shangren is divided into three decks, all accessible via old-fashioned ladders and stairs:
1. Flight Deck/Bridge: Where the actual flying thing is done, the sworn duty of the Pilot. El can often be seen hovering around here when she's nervous, one of her emotional tells.
2. Operations: While it might be more economic to split gunnery and piloting into one, El doesn't wish for those particular occupations to mix, and thus the purpose of Operations. The gunner's domain, this station is usually under strict supervision by El when in use; she doesn't want to hit the wrong people, let alone waste ammo. This station also serves as a weapons locker.
3. Central Hall: Pathway through the ship, leading through and providing access to all decks.
4. Bathroom: Proferring some acknowledgement of privacy, El removed the two-man bunk bathrooms, installing two bathrooms in former weapons lockers.
5. Captain's Quarters: While El's by right, this room has hardly even been entered in over a decade. The former residence of Captain Thom Donner, El feels it is still his, and refuses to stay there. Anyone else wants it, they can take it, as long as they don't take or touch anything inside.
6. Medical: While small, the medical bay is well-stocked in spite of lacking a proper doctor. A boat like the Shangren can't afford to work without a healthcare plan.
7a: Munitions: Home of the missiles, these rooms are kept locked in all cases other than combat, in case a loading emergency occurs. Fully automated otherwise, maintaining Munitions is the responsibility of the gunner.
7b: Crew Quarters: While not in use on account of the Shangren being crewed by two, the quarters have been fitted to hold two crewmembers, on account of the Shangren's small living space.
8. Ventral Cargo Bay: Where about half of cargo is stored, along with Blue the Killer Hoverbike. Opens through sliding doors, occasionally used as bomb bay.
9. Galley: Kitchen, conference chambers, and dining room, the Galley's stock is unlike most ship's: real meat, real fruit, and almost no protein bars. With lots of money and when she's serving for two, authentic food is the usual on the menu.
10. Aft Cargo Bay: The main cargo bay. Opens from the Shangren's back end, allowing for a shoot-and-run tactic if necessary.
11. Engine Room: Where the gears turn, if a bit gummily. Lackluster, manned by El, the state the engine's in is far from perfect but still functional. A source of frustration from El, the Shangren's engine still haven't given up their secrets to her, and hopefully can get back to forceful.