This is a place for those who are members of the Arms of Middle Earth to gather and discuss things of importance to us. Even though I'm pretty sure all of us are good people there have to be rules. We don't want people coming in and running around like the Wild Men do we? Thought so.
1) Our group is a group for all ages. We have members from ranging in age from the very young to the very old. This means no cussing. Or at least not excessive cursing. Remeber, suitable for all ages.
2) We will not tolerate severe perverseness. No discussing your sexual escapades, no linking to porn, no advertising pornographic material. We find you have be solicitating material of this nature to our members you will be banned. Not that I think we'll have to worry about this.
3) Try to keep religious, political, and other talk liable to start a fight to an absolute minimum. Unless you are discussing the religious and/or political views of Tolkien's characters. Having huge on going fights about religious views or political views is annoying and is only going to cause dissension among our ranks. That's not something we want.
4) I'm pretty sure we are a multi-cultured, multi-faith group. As such, racial/religious slurs will NOT be tolerated. That's just rude, ignorant and down right offensive. Please PLEASE try to respect everyone here. Not everyone has the same views.
5) No Flaming! Flaming, for those who don't know, is when a post is made by someone that has no other purpose than to belittle another. That's not only extremely rude, but also disgustingly annoying to the rest of us.
6) Try to keep posts on topic. Don't jump in the middle of a thread with something that's completely unrelated. I know we are a talkative group, believe me I know. We are likely to be distracted but try to keep the topic from going to far astray.
7) Have fun. That's really all it's about. We're all about celebrating Tolkien and having fun.