These rules are subject to change. New rules will be highlighted in BLUE
.The Forum and its Staff
1. The staff have created this forum out of the goodness of their own hearts and share the same desire to RP as those of you who have joined or are thinking about joining. As such, they deserve to be treated with the proper respect. Keep in mind that they won't be online 24/7 but will do their best to help and assist whenever they're needed to and are available to do so. If you have questions or suggestions, the staff members will happily hear you out as long as you're polite in your dealings with them.
2. The staff reserve the right to accept and decline character applications at their discretion.
3. Since they are looking out for the well-interest of the game and all the members in it, there will be times when the staff will intercede in disputes or disagreements as they see fit. However the staff rules in a matter is the final ruling.
3. The staff is generous and will be more than willing to look over a few infractions but don't take advantage of them. The consequences for doing so will be severe.
4. Last, the staff reserve the right to ban any troublesome members. Though this will not be done without first giving the troublesome member a warning. If further provocation happens, they are free to ban at will. (Keyword #1: Long)Creating an Account
1. Read the Plot
before you begin thinking of a character. After you have an idea of your character, fill out a character profile. You will not have posting privileges at this moment, so copy and paste the code into a word processing program (Microsoft Word, Notepad, Wordpad, etc.). After you complete your character profile and are comfortable with your character’s name, register.
2. Register with the name you want your character to be known as. Include full names if it applies. Please use correct capitalization and spelling. If you made a mistake when you registered, PM one of your admins (Clover
) to change it.
3. After registering, post your character profile immediately in the proper forum here
. When posting your character profile, the “Topic Title” should be your character’s name. If you want, you can include a “Topic Description” that applies to your character.
4. Once your character profile has been approved, you can start playing!
5. You may have one main character and two Non-Player Characters (NPCs) per account. (Keyword #2: live)
You may make up to three accounts which means you may only have three characters. If you can prove to the staff that you are capable of having more than that, they may grant you permission to make a fourth and/or fifth character.Role Playing
1. Please read The Netiquette
2. Some guidelines that need to be reiterated:
- Write in third person. (An exception is when your character is thinking to himself or speaking aloud.)
- You’re not expected to be a grammar teacher, but please do your best to use correct grammar and punctuation. Posts with a large amount of misspellings and errors will automatically be deleted.
- If you are going to be gone, even if only for a day, please post a Leave of Absense.
- Every one of your posts should, in some way, further the story.
- You can plan storylines with other members through PM, Plots and Plans, Instant Messaging, email, etc.
3. The admins will give you your freedom of speech. However, if you suddenly write that Doctor Who magically transported to Aquitaine, we hold the right to delete your post. (We will PM you and explain why, though.)
4. You may only control your
character and any NPCs in a thread. That means that you write only the actions and dialogue for your characters and any non-player characters---no one else's. The exception to this rule is if you first get permission from the other participant in a thread to have their character say or do something in your post.
5. There is a word count here at Aquitaine to ensure that all members are posting quality
posts. The minimum amount of words that you must include in your post is 300
. It is all right if you're a few words shy, but continually writing short posts will get you a warning. Think of it this way: the more you post, the more your fellow RP-er can reply with, and the better and more thought-out RP you will have. You can check your count here
6. There is a posting order here so that no one gets left behind in a thread. Usually it'll go back and forth between two people but if there's more included, everyone must get one post in a certain order so that things stay organized and everyone is included.
7. It is customary to ask before entering an established thread, even if it is open. This is to avoid any outsiders ruining a plot or subplot of those already in the thread.Being Your Character
1. Avatars/Icons have to be 100x100px or smaller.
2. There is no image or word limit, but please be reasonable. No one should have to scroll to get passed your signature.
3. Your avatar and signature should reflect your character. There is an inventory code located here
that is mandatory for all characters to have in their signature.
4. You must be in character in all role-playing forums. If you need to say something OOC, use (( double parenthesis )).Not Being Your Character
1. Please enjoy our Out of Character (OOC)
Forums. The Getting Started
Forums are also OOC areas.
2. You're encouraged to use the C-Box to chat with your fellow players.Activity and Lack Thereof
1. To be considered an active member on Aquitaine, you must post at least once
a week. This is more than reasonable, and we highly encourage that you post much more than that if not for yourself, but for the other people in your thread.
2. If a character falls inactive (hasn't posted in two weeks), it will be moved to the Inactive/Dead Characters thread. While it is there, you may not
RP with it. If you can explain to the staff why you let your character fall inactive, we will be willing to move it back to active. If this happens more than twice, we reserve the right to deny you getting it back.
3. If you're in a thread with more than two people (yourself included), and do not post in a week, the other people in the thread have permission to skip your turn.Content
, all members have to be 13 years of age or older. All R or NC-17 material will be clearly labeled; to read those threads will be to do so at your own risk. If you do post inappropriate material without the permission of an admin, you will be suspended or banned without warning.
2. No OOC cursing and limit the IC cursing to only what would be realistic for the situation.
3. Treat other members with respect. (Keyword #3: the King)
If another member offends you, please contact an admin. They are always available to mediate.