index    search    help    members    calendar    portal

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Aquitaine. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Login

Quick Log-In

Welcome

Welcome to Aquitaine, an intermediate to advanced Alternate History role-playing game. This game takes place during the year of 1514 in the newly established country of Aquitaine and its European neighbours, and will eventually expand further into the future. There will be good times and bad times for the characters here as they enter a time rife with as much pleasure as there is peril. We hope you decide to join and become part of our RP-ing family!

When registering please do so with the first and last name of your character.

Our chatbox is at the bottom of the site and guest friendly, so pop in and say hi if you're thinking of joining or have any questions! We'd love to meet you!

The Staff

Admins
Kovak
Monica

Member Legend

Aquitaine | France | Spain England | Other | Neutral Member | Banned

Aquitaine has 16 active characters!

Character of the Month: July

Emma Hirst

"Emma loved people, and if she could make them happy, that was good enough for her."

Emma Hirst is the youngest daughter of the Hirst family, and has never aspired to anything beyond her God-given station in life. Quiet and kind-hearted, the girl goes about her business in a compassionate and muted manner, entirely unaware of the ambitious plans being made for her by her family. A friendly, innocent person, she brings a balance to the more rough-around-the-edges characters prevalent on the board. No matter what's going on, one can trust that Emma will be looking for the silver lining of the situation.

Quote of the Week

The people, chaos, ran all around, And no one could nail sanity down. The building, it just burned to the ground. You heard it here, the place is changed. I'm telling you, the place is changed. It's changed!

- Fortune Fortescue, Of Music and Wine, No Cheese

Featured Thread

I'm A Doctor, Not A Mercenary

While recovering from a mauling in the field Commander Shaft's Iscariot Legion has set up camp near an old Monastery in England. During a routine trip to the nearby town for supplies their man Thurgold was assaulted and injured by highwaymen. One naive failed-monk, Galahad stepped in to play the role of good Samaritan and helped get the man back to his friends. Now the quiet and kind doctor must deal with the Iscariot's cold commander and its most eccentric scout, Ace, if he wants to continue his role as nurse and bring his healing touch to the ill-used men of the mercenary-legion.

Year of our Lord: 1514

Season: Summer
Weather: This is the season where the sun is almost always out and shining. Sea travel during the Summer is much safer than during the Winter, and many take advantage of this fact. Expect hot weather, soaring temperatures, and even the occasional light shower.

Affiliate with Us

100 x 35

88 x 31

CODING CREDITS

Skin by MIMMY!
of RCR and RPGU,
with assistance from
jules almighty !

SPECIAL CREDITS

The vision for this skin
came from Sabrina of RCR.
The background image is
the work of Therese of RCR.
The header image was made by Clover.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
add reply
new poll

Of Music and Wine, No Cheese, Sabotage in Marseille
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: May 29 2009, 11:59 PM

Squire
Group Icon

Group: Aquitaine
Member No.: 5

Fortune Fortescue never thought she would find herself in France, nor would she have ever thought of herself doing anything as reckless as sabotage. But the thrill of it pulled her in like a strange gravity. She liked the idea of earning her own tales as much as singing of others. Not to mention, she liked the idea of helping her allied nation, her brave Aquitaine. She was determined to emulate the courage of that nation by braving her own fears and deciding as she was walking down that French street, that she was not going to leave until she either lit something on fire, or had a good story to tell. She hoped she accomplished both.

Her footsteps slow on the cobblestone streets, she held her lute in her hands, strumming mindlessly as her eyes studied her surroundings. She attempted to take to memory the location of guards and their usual pathways, as well as the busiest spots for the bustling people. Fortune did not much like the idea of vandalism, she found it rather cowardice, but her plans of grandeur did not include such. No. She was planning simply on instilling a humility, a fear, and most importantly, a chaos.

"Even the strongest walls break, with only a crack," she sung joyfully in French. She was finally happy that she paid attention when in the company of French bards, so that she could put to use the language she learned from them, as none of their stories were that interesting.

The sun was setting into the western sky, the streets were thinning of everyday folk, replaced with a livelier sort, the creatures of night. Fortune found herself walking by the harbor, looking idly out of the Mediterranean. She would say little else for the nation of France, but it had a nice view. Some ships held port in the harbor, others were set farther off, creating an odd optical illusion of near and far. It was a smaller body of water than the ocean, but it was just as beautiful. And reveling in its beauty, she wanted Aquitaine to have it then more than ever.

The torches that lined the streets were being lit, night was setting in. She took a long, solid breath. It was nearing what she had to do. Her fingers went a little slower on the strings. She had identified several buildings of the harbor, and found the local tavern. She entered it, disguised in her sexually indiscriminate attire. She had recovered knowledge of the area from visual observation, now she wanted auditory information. She wanted to find out the mood of the town, the concerns of the people, their joys. No place better than the tavern, she knew, with drunken mutterings as common as ships in the dock.

She set up her stage in the corner of the room, and began to play a song of raging seas and fighting pirates. And all the while, she listened.

(( Does Fortune overhear anything of interest from the drunken patrons? What is the general mood of the city? ))

--------------------

Name: Fortune Fortescue
Nicknames: Fortune, Fort
Nationality: English
Current residence: Aquitaine (nomadic)

Allegiance: Aquitaine

NPC: William "Joker" Cavell

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute
  • Half-off discount at the General Store

Clover
Posted: May 30 2009, 12:11 AM

We've got the power in our hands.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

((Fortune hears all sorts of things from the drunken patrons of the tavern, everything ranging from the trivial (which whore is the best in the city) to the serious (how the King's planning more attacks on Aquitaine) and much more in between banter. The general mood is relaxed, if not a bit on the raucous side of things. Life in France is generally loose and uninhibited with inhabitants going with the flow.))
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: Jun 3 2009, 04:33 PM

Squire
Group Icon

Fortune had learned more in that tavern by the sea than she had ever wanted to. She made mental notes to omit certain portions when and if she told a tale of this adventure, not that the sexual exploits of the most famed whore in town were uninteresting brain fodder, but were highly inappropriate bravery material. But there were some topics of conversations that she could not overlook.

Learning that the French King only intended further attacks on her home made her furious, but also inspired her. She was more determined than ever to accomplish her goals. Of course, she'd start small. But before she left, she'd make sure these people fell into chaos. Relaxed as they were, though, she wondered if she would have to set half the town on fire to get their attention.

She finished the song she was singing, the last of a set about monsters and tyrants and heroes with stallions. A brave knight broke free from the holds of an evil tyrannical overlord while being attacked by monsters from all sides. The people seemed to enjoy it quite well, considering they were the monsters of the story. Though Fortune was elusive enough, they probably did not suspect so.

She told a different tale then, of a mistress of the sea. She was a ghost, maddened by her lover's deceit. She was known to fly into harbor towns, breath fire and make loud wailing noises. Oh yes, its true, she assured her listeners, then mentioned a few random places that had been hit by the devil woman. She picked places far enough from Marseille for them not to have heard of it. Actually, she was not even certain some of the places she mentioned were real. No one seemed to notice.

After her brief, haunting tale, Fortune told a few that she needed a break and some air, though none seemed to be listening. She sighed a little. The French seemed to be as fickle as her lute strings.

She shrugged, and began to walk out, eying an open, half-empty bottle of wine on the table. She liked to keep her pickpocketing skill practiced, and one bottle of wine, no one would notice, she decided. She reached for it and palmed it into her coat sleeve before slipping out the door.

((Does Fortune successfully steal the open, half-empty (or half-full) bottle of wine? Does anyone notice or care?))

--------------------

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute

Clover
Posted: Jun 3 2009, 08:14 PM

Group Icon

((Fortune's pickpocketing skills are a little rusty but she manages to swipe the bottle of wine without anyone noticing. Or so she believes at first. As she heads outside of the tavern, however, she realises that she's being followed. When she finally turns around, there's a roguish-looking man about her age leaning casually against a wall. He's watching her with vivid blue eyes and a catlike gaze, amusement etched into his features. After a brief once over, he speaks.

"Needs some work," he says with a smile, though it's unknown whether he's speaking about Fortune's pickpocketing skills or Fortune herself.))
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 01:20 AM

Squire
Group Icon

Fortune jumped with delight when she reached the outside, excited that she had still retained her pickpocketing skill, that she had managed to take the wine without anyone noticing. But her joy was short-lived. No sooner had she landed from her jump had she begun to feel the hairs on her neck stand on end. She turned back toward the entrance of the tavern to find two bright blue eyes staring at her in amusement. A man was behind those eyes, a roguish looking cad of a man who could not have been much older than her if at all. He leaned against the wall, arms folded at his chest, and brows raised high.

"Needs some work," he told her, with a lopsided smile. Fortune had seen that smile before, every time she looked at her own reflection. It was one of honest enjoyment, delight, and complete and utter mischief. Thus, she did not trust him.

"Why, I have no idea what you are talking about," Fortune replied quickly, swiveling on her step to walk away and completely ignore him. Though she seemed to provide the man too much amusement, as he followed her step by step down the street. He even stepped in front of her once, she stepped around him, he did it again.

"I think you do know what I am talking about," he told her with that silly smile again.

"No idea, sorry," she told him, and stepped around him. For a brief moment, it seemed as if he was not going to follow her, and she dared a breath of relief.

"I'd like to know your name," he called to her.

She inhaled quickly, and stopped. She had a feeling he was not going to leave her alone. She turned to face him, weighed her options. She considered whacking him with her lute until he was unconscious, but she shook that idea off. She needed to stay in town for at least a few days to fully carry out her plans. She did not need any major foes until she was leaving.

Deep in enemy territory, she decided to play along. "My name is Fort," she told him flatly, then turned to walk away. It wasn't the first time she had used the ambiguous name in an effort to protect her gender. She just hoped he did not already know her secret, or she was going to have to beat him into submission with her lute.

"Don't you want to know my name?" he called after her.

"No," she replied quickly, before he could offer it without her asking. "I'm just going to call you Joker."

"Now, wait a minute," he said to her. "I just want to talk to you." He caught up to her quickly, and touched her arm. He did not grip her, but brushed her, and could certainly have felt the wine bottle hidden under her sleeve. She pulled away and wrapped her other arm over herself protectively.

"Alright," she said abruptly. "Then talk. What exactly do you want?"

((What exactly does the Joker want? Or does he continue to elude Fortune as to his purpose?))

--------------------

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute

Clover
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 05:56 PM

Group Icon

((Joker walks around Fortune in an almost predatory manner, looking her up and down. "You are a curious thing, aren't you?" he says, still being evasive as ever. "But I think there's a lot of potential here. Yes, by God, I do believe so." After his initial perusal, he gives out a laugh. "So, tell me, Fort. Why do you dress as a boy?"))
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 07:59 PM

Squire
Group Icon

Fortune watched as the Joker paced around her, looking over her with a gaze in his eye that she did not quite understand. In her head, she was calculating lute to his face trajectories, and estimating the time from swing to impact. She was not sure what this man's intentions were, or what he was even talking about, but she knew how to defend herself if necessary.

"You are a curious thing, aren't you?" he said to her, refusing to answer her question and still carrying that sly smile that curved the edge of his lip upward. "But I think there's a lot of potential here. Yes, by God, I do believe so." He laughed then, loud and amused.

Fortune estimated the time would be less than a second for her lute to whack into his face, it would be unlikely for him to have time to dodge out of the way. She began practicing the motion in her mind. It would take a quick grab and swing. Grab and swing. Grab and swing.

"So, tell me, Fort. Why do you dress as a boy?"

Fortune's mind went blank for a brief moment and she forgot the trajectory. He knew she was a woman.

"I don't know what you are talking about," she said to him, though her voice was a little slower than before, a little less believable. He had surprised her clear out of her wits.

"I think we've had enough games," he said. "I know your secret."

Fortune quickly recovered. "I believe you are the one playing games, Joker," she shot back at him. "I dress this way for protection. What's your excuse?" She raised a brow and gave her own mischievous smile. Though she was still watching him closely, untrusting.

Joker put a hand over his heart in mock offense, though his smile grew wider at her words. He seemed to like banter as much as she did. Still, she had no more time for him. She was on an important epic quest to reek havoc and destruction.

"I have answered your question, now I must be going," she told him and began to back away.

"What's your real name, Fort?" he asked her.

"Does it matter?" she asked back.

"No," he replied simply, then added, "I just care to know."

"Then make one for me, as I made for you," she told him. "You'd be much more likely to remember it that way anyway."

He stared at her then, a bit puzzled, his mouth gaping open like he didn't know quite what to say. Though he was still smiling, Fortune wondered if he was always smiling. Was probably smiling when he came out of the womb, she figured. Fortune liked that about him, found it slightly enduring. He was sort of cute in a roguish sort of way. At the thought, she nearly smacked herself, in disbelief at what she was thinking. She purposefully began again to think of her lute to face plans.

On any other day, she would probably indulge him, find out what makes him smile all the time, and possibly write about it. But as it was, she was quickly losing night, and she had some wine in her sleeve and a fire to start with it. Still, the man seemed determined to follow her, even as she began to walk away he was on her tail. He clearly wanted something, but had yet to reveal what it was.

Fortune sighed. She did not have time for games. She turned on her heel and faced him, nearly nose to nose.

"Joker. I demand you tell me why you are following me," she told him flatly. Then considered him for a moment, wondering what to do with him. "I also demand to know where exactly your allegiances lie on a global scale."

It was time to get down to business. If he answered incorrectly, she'd just have to whack him and get on with it.

((Does Joker answer her questions, and does he do so correctly?))

--------------------

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute

Clover
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 09:14 PM

Group Icon

(("I am following you because I feel like it," he says simply. Then in knowing that his game is nearing its end drops all pretenses and grows somewhat serious. His smile does not leave his face, though. "You are a thief. And I . . . well, let us just say that we are very similar. Except for I do not enjoy crossdressing." Another wry smirk. "No matter, though. I think you're someone I would like on my side." Before Fortune can inquire, though, he holds up a hand to silence her. "I can tell that you are not French, but what you cannot tell about me is . . . that I am not French either, and bear no great love for them." His French accent is immediately dropped, replaced by one that is undeniably British.

"If I had to guess, I would peg you as an Aquitine, isn't that right?" How he seems to know so much about Fortune is anyone's guess, but he's sharp as a whip and could prove a valuable ally if given the chance. "I have to admit, I'm not all that fond of your type either, but I might be willing to make an exception . . . depending on your reasons for being here in fair France."))
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: Jun 6 2009, 03:12 AM

Squire
Group Icon

"I am following you because I feel like it," he said in his usual cad-like tone, and Fortune had to hold back the notion to stick her tongue out at him in response. She reminded herself that she was being firm. She was going to get to the bottom of this if it completely killed her personality.

Joker seemed to recognized that. "You are a thief. And I . . . well, let us just say that we are very similar. Except for I do not enjoy crossdressing." Fortune rolled her eyes at him, and nearly turned away to simply walk from his presence, when he continued. "No matter, though. I think you're someone I would like on my side."

This stopped her. She was not used to hearing that. Sure, every once in a while, she would latch onto a hero and follow them to sing of their tales, but it was not often that they said they wanted her there. In fact, it seemed at most times, they thought her quite the nuisance. Yet she wasn't sure what assistance she could or would give a Frenchman, what with a war waging between their two home countries.

"I can tell that you are not French, but what you cannot tell about me is . . . that I am not French either, and bear no great love for them."

She was blindsided again, as her thoughts left her at his words. When he spoke again, it was with a heavy British accent.

"If I had to guess, I would peg you as an Aquitine, isn't that right?" Fortune wasn't sure how he could guess that, but was simply too dumbstruck to ask. "I have to admit, I'm not all that fond of your type either, but I might be willing to make an exception . . . depending on your reasons for being here in fair France."

Fortune blinked once, twice. She absently wondered if her mouth was hanging open. She could not even think for a long moment. Joker was still smiling at her.

"You surprise me, Joker," Fortune confessed, and then offered her own smile. "It seems I will have to include you in my story after all."

"I take it you are not in town to sample the country's fine selection of wines?" Joker asked her, eying her bottle-filled sleeve before resting his curious eyes back on hers.

"I can safely say I did not come for the cheese, but the wine is a different matter," Fortune told him, then grabbed his arm and pulled him with her. It was much easier to bring him along than whack him with her lute, she decided, especially given his newly-revealed alliances. Still, she would not rule out the latter. She led him closer to the harbor, and on the way, explained.

"You have guessed correctly that Aquitaine is my home and love. As you no doubt know, France has been attacking my home for some time now, with a murderous intent that does not seem to be yielding." She pulled him around a corner, up beside the docks, dodging passersby on occasion, by ducking into allies and corners and side streets. When the coast was clear, she went on. "My profession allows me the benefits of travel and a certain level of anonymity."

"Are you a spy?" Joker asked her, after having listened patiently to most of her explanation.

"No," she replied, and pulled the wine bottle from her sleeve. Carefully, she ripped part of her jacket away, a long, slender bit, and stuck one end into the bottle. The dry end, she lifted into one of the torches alongside the street, "I'm here to cause mischief."

With that, she flung the bottle at one of the buildings along the harbor, one that she had earlier recognized as a warehouse. She was hoping that on impact, the glass of the bottle would shatter, the fire would lite the wine, and the burning wine would catch the roof on fire and create chaos.

"Come on, Joker!" Fortune called to him quickly. "It's the part of the plan where we run for our lives!" As they were running away, Fortune threw in, "Maybe after you can tell me what you are doing here! Other than running for your life with me now!"

Then she winked at him.

((Does the building get set afire as per plan? Do Fortune and Joker escape undetected? Does Joker answer Fortune's question?))

--------------------

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute

Clover
Posted: Jun 7 2009, 03:01 PM

Group Icon

((The bottle of wine smashes into the building, alighting. It burns for a few moments before eventually simmering down, its alcoholic fuel used up. So much for that. Since the act didn't draw any attention whatsoever, Fortune and Joker have no trouble getting away. The young man bursts into laughter at Fortune's pitiable attempt at sabotage, and it takes him a few moments to calm down before he answers her questions.

"As I said, needs more work," he laughs. "Our goals, however, do seem entirely compatible . . . lucky for you." He pulls her into an alleyway, softening his voice. "You see, I am in the employ of His Majesty the King, sent her to inconvenience the French as much as possible. I am not alone in this endeavour, either. There are others, most of us are operating as thieves to rid France of its economic prosperity one purse at a time. But I must say, I like your idea much better. If only it'd worked." He throws her a mocking grin.))
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 01:36 AM

Squire
Group Icon

Fortune wasn't sure which was worse: the fact that the fire had absolutely refused to ignite and burn the building to the ground as planned, or the fact that it had all happened in front of Joker.

"I like your idea much better. If only it worked."

He was giving her that smile again, that sly lop-sided grin of his. Who was she kidding? He never stopped giving her that smile, even when she was attempting to burn the building down.

"It will work next time," Fortune assured him, and hoped it was true. She thought for a moment. "We just need more wine," she said, then looked back at the building without even a singe, and added, "A lot more wine." He was giving her an odd look. "Well this is France, there should be a ton of wine!"

He laughed a little and shook his head. "I don't disagree," he told her. "But I find you rather interesting."

"Interesting how? And is that good or bad?"

"Good," he said. After a moment, he continued. "Have you no reservations with working with me?"

She considered him with a raised brow. "Should I?"

"No," he said. "Well," he countered, then placed his hand to his chin like he was thinking. "No," he said again. "But our homelands are not in a friendship."

She held up her hand, stopping him from proceeding. What he was saying was true, but she knew she needed help to make a big enough splash for these relaxed people to notice. And more than that, she was not in the habit of denying bravery, wherever the source.

"I chose Aquitaine as my homeland because of its bravery in breaking from your King, and it holds my loyalty. But I do not turn away bravery, I follow it. I'm a bard, I need stories. And as much as I hate to admit it, not all brave men are from Aquitaine."

That was as much as she planned on revealing on the matter as it pained her to even say that much.

"I think I understand," he said, and she looked at him carefully, trying to determine his truthfulness. He did not appear to her, to be lying.

"Now how about we find some more wine?" Fortune asked. Though a thought occurred to her. How were they going to carry as much alcohol as was needed to burn down the town. "Or perhaps you have a better idea?"

((Does Joker have a better idea? Or does he know a place where they can get enough wine?))

--------------------

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute

Clover
Posted: Jun 15 2009, 10:04 PM

Group Icon

((Joker does indeed have a better plan. He says that instead of bringing the wine with them, why don't they just go to the wine? The scoundrel leads Fortune to a large tavern that he says has a huge wine cellar beneath it. However, the tavern is currently full of people, all the way up to its maximum occupancy. To set fire to the cellars beneath has the possibility of killing quite a few people if they are unable to escape from the smoke and fire in time. It would be the perfect act of sabotage, however. Joker says its Fortune's call.))
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: Jun 18 2009, 03:56 AM

Squire
Group Icon

Fortune certainly did not like the idea of killing people, but something strong inside herself kept her from saying no right away at his proposal. She did not want to fail her country. Her moral compass was pointing directly east, completely unhelpful. The act was unselfish. She was trying to protect her homeland, but was such a cause worth innocent lives? She could not decide.

Furthermore, she was uncertain if an extreme attack, with the cost of lives, would discourage the country into chaos or drive them into counterattack.

"Only if we get caught," Joker assured her with a wink. "And even then, only if they find out where we are from."

"Forget everything I said," Fortune told him with a smile creeping at the edges of her lips. She leaned in close to him as if to tell him a secret. "I'm English."

"Like hell you are!" he told her with a laugh, and she laughed too.

She was glad Joker was there, he kept her at ease with his banter. This was an important decision, but she knew she had to accept the proposal. She could not be a coward if she was going to get things done. She would try her best to empty that tavern before it burnt to the ground, but if she did not...If the tavern remained lively...If someone died...

Fortune took a low, unsteady breath.

"I've never killed anyone," she said, her voice serious. She looked at him, and his smile was hollow. It was quite obvious that she was the only one in their twosome who had not. She did not ask.

"This isn't murder," Joker said calmly. "They will have every chance to escape."

"And those that don't?"

He approached her, gripped her by the shoulders, and spoke softly. "Fort," he began.

"Fortune," she confessed at last. "My name is Fortune." She wasn't sure what had made her tell him. Perhaps it was because she felt a sense of comradeship with this man who was going to help her with the sabotage, or perhaps it was because of the way he was attempting to calm her. She supposed it did not matter. She just wanted him to know.

His lips lifted up on one side, clearly pleased to know her secret. "Fortune," he said even more slowly. "I like it. It suits you."

"I don't know if I can do this," she told him with a pain in her chest. She hated revealing weakness to anyone, especially someone like him, but she was not as brave as the ones she sang of in her stories. "Is life worth any cause?"

"This is war, Fortune. How do I make you understand?" he said and dropped his hands. "You are a bard as much as a thief, correct?"

"More so."

"How many stories do you know?"

"Countless."

"How many of brave warriors that fight and kill and plunder?"

She laughed once, just a little as she recalled. "Countless."

He seemed pleased with her reaction, offering his own small laugh. "And what did they fight for? Or more - what did they die for?"

Fortune answered quickly in reaction, not allowing herself time to second guess. "Love. Freedom." She remembered her pirate friends, wondered how they were fairing on the seas since she left them. "The glory of battle. The honor of death in it." She remembered the mercenaries she had fought beside. At first, she had thought them greedy alone, but their love of battle was pulled from a deeper source. Then she thought of the ones that died to protect Aquitaine in the attacks of the French. "To protect their homeland."

"Ah!" Joker said at last, stopping her. "All noble causes, particularly the last." For the first time, his smile faded. "You are not going to do this because you love battle, Fortune. You are going to do this for Aquitaine. To protect it from these devils that would have it destroyed. That is your courage, Fortune. Love of your country is your courage."

She looked at him strangely. "Tell me how you came to know so much about me in such short of time?" she asked, but he had no answer. Instead, his smile returned. Fortune supposed that was good enough.

"There is the target," he said, pointing to the tavern.

"How do you propose we do this?"

"Let's take a closer look first. I'll take the outside, you take the inside."

((Where are the entry points to the cellar? What is the mood inside the tavern? Does Fortune notice anyone being observant or are they all drunk out of their wits?))

--------------------

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute

Clover
Posted: Jun 19 2009, 03:25 PM

Group Icon

((Within the tavern, there is only one entrance and exit to the cellar and it is a narrow door located behind the main bar and behind the bartender who keeps passing in front of it. The mood of this tavern is much like the last -- happy, excited, fearless. None of the inhabitants have any idea the danger that they're in by simply being French and in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one pays any particular attention to Fortune, except the bartender who asks her if she's going to order something.))
Fortune Fortescue
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 01:37 AM

Squire
Group Icon

Fortune ordered a full bottle of wine from the bartender, and had a good, long swig when he retrieved it. This was a difficult mission, she did not even feel like playing her lute. It was not often she lost her song, when she had found it before in the midst of battle and danger and death. Though never in death that she had caused. She was not sure how long she stood there at the bar nursing the wine, but it was long enough for Joker to come looking for her.

"What are you doing, Fort?" he asked loudly over the jovial crowd. They were laughing, cheering, singing. Loud but happy, fearless.

She looked at him sideways, and held up the bottle. It was half empty, just as before. She motioned the neck of the bottle toward the cellar door, and watched as Joker's eyes followed her trail. He looked back to her and she nodded. The bottle wobbled as Fortune placed it on the bar. Joker caught it by the neck before it could fall.

"What's your plan for the big guy?" he asked her, and Fortune knew he was talking about the bartender.

She took a moment. "Working on it," she told him.

"Care for a suggestion?" he asked, grinning.

Uh oh, Fortune was starting to recognize that look. She may not have known him for very long, but what she did know was the man grinned like a thief when he was up to mischief. And from the look on his face at the moment, he was undoubtedly up to something.

"Just be ready to light that bottle," he told her with a wink. Fortune knew she had little time left, knowing him and his ideas, and ripped a long stretch of her coat off. "Be sure to make it a good shot, Fortune. This is probably going to hurt."

Joker waved over the bartender with the flick of his hand.

"Hurt? Why? What are you going to - "

Just then, Joker retracted and punched the bartender square in the nose.

((Does Joker successfully distract the bartender long enough for Fortune to sneak into the cellar?))

--------------------

Inventory:
  • Dagger
  • Lute

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

options
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
add reply
new poll

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Bounce skin by MIMMY! of RCR and RPGU.

Page creation time: 0.3935 seconds | Archive