InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Emerald Kingdom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Sprites In Ships
Lord Hoehn
Posted: Aug 27 2009, 06:26 PM

Lord of the leprechauns

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The bright blue waves rhythmically splashed gently against the thick wooden hulls of the ships tied up a dock. The light wind carried the salty brine smell of the ocean and the hot dry temperature of the coast. It was mid-afternoon in the summer, fisherman and merchants were slowly winding down talk of trade and tales, seeking the comfort of food and family within their homes.

On the far side, tied up at dock, sat the Alexandria, it was a large well crafted merchant ship, a dark orange flag with a blazing yellow sun stamped in the center hung above the main mast blowing proudly in the wind. The flag marked it as that of the Tameri guild here in Brishiania, the ship had just recently returned from the tropical islands of the south, bringing with it the smell of spices and new exotic curiosities.

It is here that we will find our beloved successful window-washing sprite. Under the deck of the Alexandria there could be heard the constant sound of commotion and racket.

“ARGHHH!” “DAMN YOU TWINS!” roared a deep raged voice, that emminated from the box. The wooden crate was avalanched under a pile of sacked coconauts and bananas. Two very small huminoid creatures were sprawled along the wooden floor beside the reckage, both were laughing hysterically, rolling from side to side on their backs clutching their stomachs.

A big blood crazed eye looked outside of a small hole in the box “When I get out of this I am going to turn your sprite bones into my personal set of toothpicks!” The male sprite looked up and slowly giggled as he made his way up next to the box “Look sis, I think we caught a rat”, peering inside at the box. “And it is sure a fat bugger”, he backed away and gave a exaggerated wave of his hands “smelsls damn god awful too”

“Who would of thought Daehil that rats would be drawn to whiskey bottles and cheese” piped in the female counterpart. They both looked at each other and started busting out laughing all over again.

The box shifted from side to side as large thuds banged from inside and the increased fury of wings could be heard within the box

The twins, still giggling, flew up together in the air and gave a big high five, curses and more banging could be heard within. “Now don’t go anywhere Maghill sweety until we get back, chuckled Alie. The duo flew out of the storage room in high spirits towards the captains quarters.

Lord Hoehn
Posted: Aug 28 2009, 07:27 PM

Lord of the leprechauns

When you picture a hardworking window washing sprite, you would paint a image of a small dirty creature in little to no clothing working for scraps or to be a enslaved house farie of sorts. Suffice it to say, Finwe matched none of these characteristics.

Down in the captains quarters of the Alexandria, laid a sprite in brightly rich red and green clothing resembling a miniture size robin hood without the hat. Rich red hair with gold highlights sprouted form his head like a gnome, his jovial face gleaming as he downed another peppermint into his mouth as he basked in the comfort of the rich soft cushion.

“Excellent work cousin”, finwe said as he took the liberty to kick off his shoes, revealing two pairs of satisfied wriggling toes, “I would sleep here over the Mermaids Tail any day”, referring to the local inn right beside the dock.

Amryn stood at the foot of the bed looking annoyed as ever behind his round spectacles “Sir Tameri said we could sleep in the supply closet!” “Not here” waving his arms in the air frantically “Not in the bloody captains room”

“Its fine” said Finwe with a relaxed breath, “no one will know we were ever here”

“You say everything will be fine, right before it all blows up in your face” mumbled Amryn. Amryn did not share his cousins enthusiasum for excitement, his personality matched his exterior, with a dark purple tunic, sweaty hands, and dark raven oiled hair. He turned away from Finwe’s amused gaze and began hovering around nervously, not knowing what to do.

“How many jobs to do we have left” said Finwe as he began unwrapping his fourth peppermint from the silver bowl on top of the pillow

Amryn reached into his tunic and produced a small list from his pocket. He moved his spectacles closer up to his nose as he began to read “ We have most of the North and northeast side done” “I’d say” as he skimmed down “we have around sixty more jobs to go give or take a couple” “We should be out of hear by…damn we have Veronica’s house tommoro”

Finwe gave a sour face as he heard the name, “I thought we had all decided that we wouldn’t schedule that old hag ever again”

“It’s the mayor’s house” piped in Amryn “Not doing their house would be bad for business and what wrong with Veronica?” “I thought you liked her”

“Its not her I don’t like, its those furry deamons from hell that I despise”

“O, right the cats, I almost forgot”

“Seven Amryn”, “Seven!” “That one she called angel almost took my wing off”

Amryn chuckled, he didn’t laugh much, which brightened Finwe’s mood as he heard his cousin laugh.

Amryn stuffed the partchment of names inside his tunic then briskly pulled out a small sprite sized pocketwatch, “Dear…Dear! Im scheduled to meet the Count of Varyn at his house tonight.. and Im already 2 mins late!”

He flew to the door then stopped suddenly staring back at Finwe, “Don’t!”
Finwe gave a innocent a innocent smile “Don’t?”

“Just don’t” and with that, Amryn flew out the door and into the nights air.

Lord Hoehn
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 11:13 AM

Lord of the leprechauns

Finwe tapped his fingers steadily on the hard oak desk, the peppermint bowl was about empty at this point

Anytime now, he was expecting someone, someone who had word from another certain someone, that someone being someone that controlled the entire world of Sylvam, though that someone didn't show his influences to the naked eye, Finwe didn't have a naked eye per say though, sprite eyes are very sharp and they usually pick up things the average individual wouldn't notice or see, like I said, he was expecting someone to bring word of the certain someone that Finwe was employed to, and he was expected this someone at any minute now
The Rogue King
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 06:32 PM

Outcast Ruler

Member No.: 4

A massive paper spider crawled underneath the door of leading into the captains quarters. It made its way towards Finwe, stopped at the sprites feet and froze looseing all of it's enchantment.
Lord Hoehn
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 06:57 PM

Lord of the leprechauns

The sprite hovered down to the ground

Grabbing the large note with both hands, "About time" he used his window squeege as a makeshift envelope opener, intrigued he began to read
The Rogue King
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 07:05 PM

Outcast Ruler

Member No.: 4

The Note Read

I have a job for you, meet my contact at Treds High Quality Goods in Notnuats. They will give you instructions as well as half of your commission."

The note is not signed and the print is very neat almost as if it were written by a being without emotion.
Lord Hoehn
Posted: Feb 17 2010, 09:51 PM

Lord of the leprechauns

Just after reading, Finwe's ears perked up as he heard a loud commotion downstairs

Many boxes and shelves could be heard crashing to the floor, the sound was getting louder and closer by the second, he took a step back, not knowing what was going to come through those doors

"IT WAS A JOKE!" "Eeeekkk!", the two twins came crashing through the double doors, spinning out of control in the air, right behind them was a turnip red sprite called Maghill "YOU"RE BOTH DEAD"

The room became a war zone within a few seconds, anything that could fall or break did

Finwe stood in the center of the room, this was a common occurence around them
"Good Help is so hard to come by today"

When paper stopped falling from the air, Maghill could be seen holding a sprite in each arm "Each of you are about to meet my friend Mr. Fist and Mr. Knuckle"

The two twins were arguing amongst themselves "It was Alie's idea Maghill" said Daehill "Thats a lie, you told me to do it"

"What did they do this time Maghill" said Finwe wearily

"They trapped me in a box they did and tried to feed me cheese they did" eyeing each one
The twins couldn't help but start to laugh, remebering in their heads

"Shut up you two"

"A Box?" "Cheese?" "your not saying you were captured by a few adolescent sprites are you Maghill" said Finwe

"Well....no... we..not capture...per say...um" said Maghill stumbling for words "because the great Maghill could never be defeated" said Finwe

"Of course not....I... I let then trap me, played a long you see" "O that was very nice of you, then I can see no reason for you to punish them, if you as you say were playing along'

Maghill gave a nasty look to each of the sprites in his hand, dropping them to the floor, they of course were still laughing

"I just got word from the Rogue King" "We are to make to Treds Quality goods in Notnauts"

Everyone was excited, "only Finwe and Amryn actually took pleasure washing windows"

"We leave now, we can pick up Amryn on the way"

"Won't the captain be mad if we leave the ship in this condition', said Maghill nervously

'We shall just blame this whole disaster on Amryn" "All in Favor" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye"

"Excellent, I just have to grab something before we depart" he looked up to the glass peppermint bowl "There was one Peppermint left, my peppermint" his tone becoming angry

The other three sprites faces that were smiling quickly turned one to dread

"We are not leaving this ship, till I GET MY PEPPERMINT"

« Next Oldest | Brishiania | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1017 seconds | Archive