Search "13th Labour":

Powered by OhNoRobot.com

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to 13thlabour. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Guess Whoooo...
libra_in_red
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 10:49 PM

Rain of Frogs

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Welcome back. Sorry I've been away, but it's good to see you are updating again. tongue.gif The art is getting so much better, but somehow I feel very lost with the last couple of updates. It feels like it jumps around too much.. biggrin.gif

Anyways, Emu...you art is getting so much better and your coloring is looking phenominal! Keep it up!
limmortal
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 12:55 PM

Emu Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

smile.gif Thanks so much! That last page was very heavy in Photoshop filters. I'm pleased with the appearance - don't know about the writing.

I'm not sure how to fix the jumping around. I know that the entire storyline was a bit disjointed and hard to understand (I added a page [http://the13labour.comicgen.com/d/20060121.html] that will hopefully make it a bit better). Maybe I went too quickly from the car to Andrei and Jordan at home to Theo meeting with the Grandma . . . would a box declaring "Meanwhile . . ." help the flow at all? A random minion admitting Theo into The Grandma's presence? A title page before I land readers back in Australia?

Are you going to update Demowalker any time soon? I'm looking forward to it.
libra_in_red
Posted: Jun 15 2006, 09:47 AM

Rain of Frogs

Yes. Very much so. One of these day's I'd like to draw one of your pages for you if you wouldn't mind. smile.gif

I think the problem is that you were so sick of the storyline, you just wanted it to stop, so you rushed it. I would at least add the Meanwhile, or Elsewhere and it will really help out alot.
limmortal
Posted: Jun 15 2006, 11:31 PM

Emu Administrator

I added four narrative boxes. I promise that before I try another romantic storyline, I will spin myself silly until I get my sense back and go grab another author if it's absolutely necessary.

I'm trying to think if I could have smoothed the narcoleptic episode any. Perhaps a mention in the storytelling panel.

You'd like to draw a page? Do you know what you would prefer to be on the page? Could I return the favor?
libra_in_red
Posted: Jun 17 2006, 01:05 AM

Rain of Frogs

If you wish, although, it would prolly be something more like a back-page or something, because the way that my comic works, it would be breaking the contiuity (can't spell) if I changed styles on one of the pages...However, a mini comic inbetween would be awesome. I would LOVE to see how you draw my characters. Currently the whole series is going into an overhaul. If you'd like, I can post the four pages I have now.
limmortal
Posted: Jun 17 2006, 12:38 PM

Emu Administrator

<purrrrr> More story, s'il vous plait.

A minicomic, huh? Let me think. Losing control is always fun. And it occurs to me that we don't know enough about Ney'ko Kimi. Is it the kind of creature who would go mysteriously berserk after encountering a spiky weed growing in the cracks of an alley (later revealed to be dandelions)? Reading the character description brings up one significant paradox: What would it do when in a trap at the top of a pole? Obviously for this story to be over quickly, the escape trait will have to take precedence. (Perhaps at the sight of more dandelions.)
libra_in_red
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 08:26 PM

Rain of Frogs

QUOTE (limmortal @ Jun 17 2006, 11:38 AM)
<purrrrr> More story, s'il vous plait.

A minicomic, huh? Let me think. Losing control is always fun. And it occurs to me that we don't know enough about Ney'ko Kimi. Is it the kind of creature who would go mysteriously berserk after encountering a spiky weed growing in the cracks of an alley (later revealed to be dandelions)? Reading the character description brings up one significant paradox: What would it do when in a trap at the top of a pole? Obviously for this story to be over quickly, the escape trait will have to take precedence. (Perhaps at the sight of more dandelions.)

*laughs* Heh...Ney'ko Kimi = Dandilion Killer.

Feel free to do what you wish. tongue.gif I would love to see it! (I have five pages, actually, so I'll post them as soon as I get the last one inked.)
limmortal
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 05:14 PM

Emu Administrator

I have the concept art done. Ney'ko is adorable! Now I just need my parents to mail my computer to DC so I can hook my tablet up to it and hope it goes better than the last strip I did with the tablet: http://the13labour.comicgen.com/d/20050627.html
libra_in_red
Posted: Jul 10 2006, 09:49 PM

Rain of Frogs

QUOTE (limmortal @ Jul 3 2006, 04:14 PM)
I have the concept art done. Ney'ko is adorable! Now I just need my parents to mail my computer to DC so I can hook my tablet up to it and hope it goes better than the last strip I did with the tablet: http://the13labour.comicgen.com/d/20050627.html

I am definately looking forward to it!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0228 seconds · Archive